Royal Mess With a Redhead - Cover

Royal Mess With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 2

I went to the back and loaded up with groceries. I walked to the kitchen door with her following me. She wasn’t carrying anything.

Once inside, I put my load on the counter and went out for more. She sat at the table and shivered in her wet clothes. It took a total of three trips. I went to my coffee maker and started it. I wasn’t as wet as her but had gotten damp during all this in addition to a slight chill. It was the middle of spring and could be cool with the clouds and rain.

I pulled two mugs and filled them both. I had put creamer and sugar packets on the table while the coffee dripped. I put her full mug on the table and sat down with mine. I drank mine. She doctored hers pretty thoroughly with creamer and two sugars. She made a face as she drank it. I knew it was strong. That was the way I liked my coffee, hot and strong.

I said, “What’s your name?”

“Alice. Alice Wi-Wilcox. The way she stumbled over her last name. I doubted that it was real. She seemed unused to that last name.

“Okay, Alice. Let’s get some answers. Who or what were you running from?”

She took a breath which, considering the state of her blouse, was impressive. “My bodyguards were or will soon be after me. They mean well but I just wanted to get away for a while. All I have seen of America up until now has been the pre-approved sights. I wanted to get to know people. That’s difficult when you’re always in an entourage. I was hoping to put down enough miles to get beyond the search. It didn’t work because I slid off the stupid road.”

“You have bodyguards?” She nodded. “Why? Who are you?”

“Okay. I’m Princess Alice of Cardena. The further issue is that I’m the only daughter of my father who is king. Being able to get away is very difficult.” I had stood as she talked and started putting away the perishables and the frozen items.

I finished. “Well, you’re pretty safe here. There is no cellular service so even if they figure to trace you by your phone, it won’t work while you’re here. However, that won’t last forever. I don’t go out much but I do go out. Also, I haven’t decided if I want to have to tolerate your presence. I have fond memories of you when I stopped. I’m just surprised you didn’t melt.”

“That’s not nice.”

“I’ll admit that but you haven’t been either. I feel sorry for your country. I’m guessing that you’re next in line?”

She nodded looking a bit startled. “What do you mean by ‘melt?’”

“I guess that it’s witches melt in water, not bitches.” She still looked blank though not pleased. “I guess you’ve never seen ‘The Wizard of Oz’ with Judy Garland or read the book?” She shook her head. “You should.”

She shivered. I said, “Go into the bathroom and strip. I’ll bring you something to wear while your wet stuff dries.”

She looked reluctant but stood. I walked into the living room and pointed. She went into the bathroom. Moments later, she handed her clothes out. I heard the water start as I took her clothing to my dryer and started it. In my bedroom, I found a pull-over shirt and some old shorts that, with a belt, would stay up over her hips with the help of an old web belt. When I got back to the door, I knocked and said, “Here’s something for now.” The door cracked open. I didn’t try to look but just handed the articles of clothing through and then walked out leaving her to dry and dress.

She came out about five minutes later and sat down across from me at the table in the kitchen. I could tell she was self-conscious about her lack of underclothes. I really didn’t care. I was wondering how quickly I could get rid of her.

She asked, “What are your plans?”

“For you?” She nodded. “I plan to get rid of you as soon as possible. I live alone and, if I were wanting to change that situation, you wouldn’t be my choice. You’re mean and lazy. I have a comfortable life here and enjoy it. You would be an imposition even if you were a good person. You’re not.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.