Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 65

“It’s on the boat,” Mary said.

Mary was in the process of reincarnation. She had shadows in her memory. Since she had started hanging around her mom... <God ... My Mom.> And that ‘gave her furiously to think.’ <This is an interesting situation ... mom ... pregnant with me. If I was a watch holder and this close in my past ... I’d combine ... but which way would I go ... pull the baby out or go in? If it was going to happen it would have ... as soon as I came aboard ... glad I don’t use a watch!>

“Okay, your paperwork checks out. Buncha rich kids on summer break?”

That got bobbing heads and nods from the Seven and looks of disgust from Bea and me ... Junior didn’t care.

The lieutenant noticed the look, “Problem?”

“They’re not on summer break ... they’re students and we’re going to hold school for all eight ... yes Junior ... you, too.”

Dismay ... complete dismay.

Bea took over, “Okay ... we’re going to single up to a spring.” And she proceeded to explain how and why ... and then demonstrated.

Clusterfuck!

Eventually ... amid much laughter from the Coast Guard ... they got it done, and I motored us away from captivity. Out the channel and into the mole. Sail was raised ... by hand ... with much confusion and groaning and we sailed between the lights and headed back north.

“Junior?”

“Yes?”

“You’ll make a hand ... the rest of you? Probably not. And you seven know you’re stuck until we go back to Pentwater. That damn helicopter has heat identification and you need to stick with us or lose Mary’s Mom.”

“What?”

“This is not the last time they’ll check.”

“But ... the lieutenant said he was satisfied,” said Six.

“Albert?”

Burt stuck his head out of the salon doors, “Yes?”

“What’s on the radar?”

“We’re being followed.”

“Shit,” said Six.

“I’d be willing to bet good money that they called Sleeping Bear Guard station and told them to keep an eye on “The Big Catamaran.” Any takers?” I asked.

“Double Shit!” said Mary. She was embarrassed about using the word ... but somehow ... it fit ... like a familiar face in a crowd. A friendly phrase that she’d never used ... in this body ... er ... mind.

“Wait,” said Six. “You said, Pentwater. We had to stick with you until Pentwater?”

“I did,” I agreed. “But going back now would seem a little hasty. Especially after you being students ... and teenagers. We have to keep you. What would your parents say?”

“What?”

“Your parents simply had to sluff you off on us as cheap babysitters.”

“Why would they do that?”

“They’re going to Europe...” I suggested.

Bea said, “No ... not Europe ... too easy to check. They’re flying to ... umh ... Tahiti ... no ... The Solomons ... er ... Borneo ... someplace primitive.”

“Yeah ... can’t be reached ... like ... Sumatra,” I said.

“Pitcairn,” suggested Albert. “Or Easter Island.”

“To study the heads,” Bea said.

“Yeah.” We said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.