Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 62

“Hello, Bea,” the sunburnt guy said.

“Albert Jamison!” Bea exclaimed. “Of all the people in the world, you’re the last person I’d have expected to meet 4 miles off shore. What did you do? Fall asleep?”

“It’s been a long day. What are you doin’ out here?”

“Crewing. Surprise and Junior needed at least one more hand. I invited myself into a job.”

“What surprise?”

“She ... Surprise is a woman ... Surprise owns the boat. She hired me to do what I do best ... provision a yacht. And I stayed.”

“She one of those snooty old rich folks?” Albert asked. “Crochety and difficult and looks like her pug dog?”

“Umh ... no ... so far she’s just folks ... not as bad as Junior. She gives us shit and we give it right back.”

“I do NOT!” I said. “You give me shit ... I figure you know what you’re doing so I take it.

“Who is this and how did he get on board?”

“Guilty,” said Junior. “I was out at the trampoline sunning ... you know how I sun. There was this yellow air mattress with him on it and I knew he was too far out. Maybe we’d better call the coast guard and the park rangers office.”

“Park won’t be looking ... I walked from the cottage.”

Well ... The rangers weren’t looking ... but the Coast Guard helicopter flew over.

The radio speaker spoke. “SV Basilisk. SV Basilisk. Ludington Coast Guard.”

Bea picked up the microphone. “SV Basilisk. Ludington.”

“You pick up the drifter?” Speaker.

“Yes, Coast Guard. Was just fixing to call you.”

“Thanks. Who is it?” Speaker.

“Albert Jamison.”

“He’s a local ... he should know better.” Speaker.

“Well ... he looks like a boiled lobster ... maybe the lesson will take.”

“He handy?” Speaker.

“Albert ... the Guard wants to talk to you ... Hold on ... Junior is rubbing Solarcaine on his chest ... She looks like she’s having too much fun.

“Hey, Junior ... that’s a spray ... you’re not supposed to rub it in.”

“Aw ... caught me. Albert. Go report.”

He got the mike. “Albert Jamison ... Sir.”

“You gonna pay for the search?” Speaker.

“Search?”

“Sixty-eight hundred or teach a class on water safety for the next 4 weekends.” Speaker.

“If I pay ... you guys keep quiet about it?”

“Oh Hell no ... already called the paper and the TV.” And much laughter from the speaker.

Bea took back the microphone. “Umh. Coast Guard. We wasn’t planning on coming back.”

“Do you have 68 hundred? No good dead goes unpunished.” Speaker Serious Sounding.

“Junior rescued him ... want her to throw him back?”

“Junior? You mean ... JUNIOR ... the princess?” Speaker.

And Albert shouted, “I knew you looked familiar. That’s you on the Dollar.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.