Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 56

“Well,” said Mayor Simmons, “Since you foiled David ... why don’t you tie off to the seawall and save me the use of a golf cart or a taxi?”

“Nope ... I paid good money for this dock and I’m gonna use it. Where’s the courtesy cart? And I need a pump out, fuel and a flush of my water tanks ... they still have Gold Coast water in them ... and while we’re at it ... I need new filters for everything. Where’s the bank?”

“Which one?”

“Closest.”

“Two blocks east, cut through the parking lot diagonal ... West Shore Bank. They’re open for another hour.” That was from Missy Simmons. “The cart is out.”

I reserved the cart ... with the cutest little trailer ... for the morning. The market opens at 6AM ... no ... really... 6AM. I intended to be there when they dropped the chain.

The walk to the bank was decent ... Missy Simmons was a good guide ... the bank needed a whole wallet full of ID ... but they took my card ... after Visa in Ottawa ... the bank called and put on the speaker ... mentioned that I was good for a multi-million dollar yacht, “She’s not buying one, is she?”

“No,” the manager said, “Shopping ... Farmer’s Market.”

“May I speak to her?”

“Hello?”

“Hello. Surprise?”

“Carole! Hi!”

“You made it.”

“Yes.”

“Okay. let me talk to the manager.”

I handed back the phone ... still on speaker.

“Yup ... that’s her. Whatever she wants.”

“Yes, Ma’am ... anything.”

Disconnect. Dial tone.

“How much?”

“Five grand?”

He wrote out a note.

“Sure ... take this to the teller. Pleasure doing business, Miss Flintkote.”

The teller had to go to the vault ... the little one ... the big one is on a timer.

“Okay ... it’s beer thirty. I have developed a taste for hoppy malt ... but just one, the vitamins in good beer is good for little Mary...” I patted my belly.

Missy said, “I’ll just go home then.”

“Wait. Recommendations?”

“Do you want a good time, good beer and a challenge?”

“Now you interest me. I’ll take the challenge.”

“The Ludbubble ... it’s a local brewery ... and the best Mac and Cheese on the coast ... maybe the best in Michigan. Best I ever had. Three blocks south and take the alley east. It’s not cheap but it’s good.”

“Missy ... are you allowed tips?”

“Yes, ma’am ... if you don’t tell daddy. He takes half ... campaign contribution. Says I wouldn’t have been tipped if I wasn’t working the Marina.”

“Here,” I said and handed her a folded bill.

“Thanks...” she looked. “This is a 50. I can’t take it. I haven’t done anything to deserve that.”

“Well ... maybe not ... but I’ll need you tomorrow ... at the market. You know who is good.”

“Yes ma’am. 5:30 ... I’ll knock loud.”

She was right ... best damn Mac and Cheese I ever had ... I thought about the challenge ... until I saw the serving. “I can’t eat that.”

“Me neither,” said David. “I’ve tried.”

Junior said, “I’ll give it a shot.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.