Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 53

“Ok,” I said. “Now ... go talk to Unca Dave.”

“Why?” Junior said,

“You have basic differences ... I don’t think you knew his side before today.”

“I think you’re right.”

She went out on deck, walked to the bow ... David was standing out there gazing at the not so distant beach. They began to talk. I set the autopilot and headed inside.

I made a thorough search of the food situation. For a man ... David did a good job. Ludington could supply the fresh we needed. I made a list.

I’ve garnered a few weird tastes ... world travel does that to a person. There are fruits, vegetables, even meats that aren’t available on the North American continent. Some don’t freeze well, some cannot be shipped and some are banned for reasons only known to the government ... and the wealthy ... some would be disruptive to the economy. I wondered where I was going to find good coffee. Probably the Upper Peninsula ... Houghton. Finnish light roast ... tastes like chocolate ... brewed in a French Press ... properly ... sweet dark chocolate ... mmmm ... with caffeine.

I almost panicked ... paper products ... soft and absorbent feminine necessities. Wait ... no ... won’t be needing those until next spring. But...

“Junior?”

They weren’t at the bow. They must have sneaked back to the cockpit ... or they were swimming to shore.

I looked out the open sliding glass doors. Ah ... snuggles.

“Junior?”

She struggled up from David’s lap. They had both been crying. She came to the salon.

“Yes?”

“Period?”

She turned...”David ... did you buy tampons?” “Sorry ... I should know better.”

The look was shock.

“I keep forgetting you’re not a little girl.”

She bounced her food catchers at him. “I’m just short ... family curse. Did you?”

“No, she’s pregnant. I wasn’t expecting ... a kidnapping. I do have work to do.” He glared at me.

“I’m not sorry ... I didn’t know the two of you had problems ... but I see you came to some kind of arrangement. I can go back or you can leave at Ludington.” I looked to Junior, “How long?”

“Except for the slight swell ... I forgot we were on the lake. This thing is comfortable ... very steady.”

She appealed to David, “Three days? Please. Andy isn’t due back until October.”

Andy is Her Royal Highness, Andrea, Princess Slagle Most Excellent, Koenigsknecht, Dame of the Realm of Rákóczi-Hapsburg. Lady Slagle and married to David ... her second husband. Her adventures are to be found in A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series. A Story in the Wendy’s Worlds Universe

“Ok ... three days. We should make Frankfort in three days ... it’s 90 miles.”

“David,” I said, “You don’t know much about catamarans. We could be there tomorrow. Basilisk is fast ... was fast. I really don’t know how fast since the rebuild. Wanna find out?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.