Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 48

“Remember when you guys vacationed on the Island?” Junior said.

“We won’t be doing that again,” said Six.

Junior broke down. If Surprise hadn’t been flying from ‘Feet Wet’ over Lake Huron and knew what to do ... they’d have crashed.

Six was immediately contrite. Looking at me he said, “That was rather callous of me.”

Looking at Junior he said, “I’m sorry ... I’m sorry, Junior. I didn’t mean it.”

“It’s time I started living again,” Junior said. “I did get my revenge.”

Surprise said. “Junior ... You know these guys?”

“Hel yas ... all my life.” Junior did a double take. “You didn’t seem surprised, Surprise.”

“They’re pretty much responsible for my ‘interesting condition,’” I said.

“If you know who they are ... you hold a Watch.” She turned to Six, “What did you do?” It was Accusatory and Combative ... no doubt about it ... Junior knew these guys ... and knew them very well.

But, I gave no time for Six to answer, “They engineered a monster of a storm and transported the boat to a tropical island ... in the Sea of Azov.”

Junior thought a millisecond. “There aren’t any tropical islands in that part of Asia.” She believed me and rounded on Six ... finger point and all. “Don’t,” she said, shaking her finger. “I know you guys.” Condemnation personified.

“You don’t know what she did ... is doing ... going to do,” Six said.

“Which is it?”

“Our boss...”

“Mary, she’s nice. Surprise, you did something to Mary?”

I patted my belly, “I’m her mother.”

“So,” Junior said, “Not an immaculate conception.”

“Drunk night. Married man,” I grimmaced, “First time.”

“Ooo ... do tell,” Junior said. “I haven’t ... yet.”

“Well ... splash us down and I will.”

Splash us down meant start at the bridge on the east end of the lake. There’s quite a few seaplanes that call Pentwater summer home so there is a designated open lane buoyed off ... no parking. That doesn’t mean no crossing and Race Day is not a good day to insist on landing between Noon and 4PM. For sure there will be boats sailing. The largest class will be Optimist prams and they are also the youngest sailors ... who are immortal and sail where they want. Don’t run one down.

However ... today was not race-day and crossing the landing zone was at a bare minimum. Junior is an excellent pilot. She knew to buzz the lane first.

The Coast Guard abandoned the Pentwater Lifeboat Station in 1965 and no longer keep a crew at Pentwater so the Oceana County Sheriffs Department keeps a seasonal boat at the Village Docks. They keep the fishing folks out of the landing zone ... mostly. There is always someone ... part of Murphy’s Law ... don’t you know. Today was no exception. Junior ... when she buzzes the lake she’s low enough to leave a rooster tail. The boat and wet fishermen were speeding to safety when she came back.

Taxiing around the Mill point the Goose headed for the rectangle dock and tied up. Directly west ... at the long dock was SV Basilisk ... Surprise’s 20m rebuilt catamaran. A rather tall thin man was seated in the cockpit along with a black suited man. In the drive was a large triple black Suburban.

The pair stood. The thin man said, “I get her first.”

The trio ... Surprise, Junior and Six deplaned and walked around the slopping sand beach to the seawall and out the long dock.

“Morning Your Highness,” said David.

“Hi, Uncle Dave,” said Junior. “Who do you have with you?”

“May I present Mr. Johnson. Federal America’s Ambassador to the Princessapality.”

“You may.”

There was a professional rigamarole involved. Mr. Ambassador presented his bonafides. Junior examined them thoroughly ... accepted them and presented “Miss Surprise M. Flintkote and Six of Seven, a family friend.” Politics out of the way, David Austin was presented to Miss Flintkote. Hands were shook and David said:

“Miss Flintkote ... a bill for storage at the Village Marina is due. I guaranteed payment.” He presented the bill.

“Wow ... I should have bought the property months ago.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.