Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 41

“No,” Border said. “Although ... you were in our top ten, ‘shoot on sight’, list.” Then she laughed... “Not really ... but you were a person of interest. That particular president didn’t get re-elected ... come to think it ... he was appointed to fill out the term. Now I’m pissed. Anyway ... you’re good.”

While Border Patrol was looking to see if there was an actual list ... probably by computer ... Visa was doing the same.

I think one could safely say that Visa can search the Internet with about the same assurance of access as the Border Patrol ... the Patrol controls the border ... Visa controls money. If one knows the proper passwords.

Evidently ... Visa did.

“Ooo, your mom was a naughty girl ... and why a newly sitting president thought YOU were guilty by association ... makes no sense. Visa can prove where you’ve been by card use alone. Surprise? You have led an interesting life, I’m going to have to search some of these places. Kind of like Grundy ... Grundy has always been the name kids called impossible teachers ... to find out it’s a place-name? Yeah ... surprise ... shock even.”

“So ... what about me?”

“You’re good ... tagged ... but good. The Travel Agency scam recovery saved us tons of money.”

Tagged? What’s that mean?”

“Visa keeps an accounting of where you spend money. If a huge charge shows up in ... say ... Iran ... when your last three charges were at a Mall in Miami? We call ... unless the next to last charge was tickets to Tehran.”

“Oh. Okay ... I guess.”

“And you have a lifetime assistance note, too. That’s important. But you’re good.”

“Great! I want to go to Ludington, Michigan ... I need to get to Pentwater. So I’ll need to hire a cab. Wait. Use the phone again?”

“Sawmill Marina. Please listen carefully as your choices have changed.”

The voice went through a list and I waited until, “All other calls Press 0 or stay on the line,”

A couple of minutes of Polka Music and the other end picked up.

“Sawmill Marina.”

“Do you have my boat? Big Catamaran? Drop shipped from Australia?”

“Umh ... tell me more.”

Basilisk... 65 feet. Flintkote Marine owner.”

“And you are?”

“Surprise Me Flintkote.”

“It was dropped off out in the Big Lake. Anderson Salvage brought her in with the tug,” He waffled a bit. “We couldn’t take it. It’s in the Village Visitors Docks ... that’s one big boat.”

“I’m in Canada. I assume I’ll be flying to Ludington. I suppose I’ll have to buy a car. I’m still to young to rent one.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.