Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 38

When she said it ... she meant it. I’m her mom. Ooo ... that’s disgusting.

She’s a demanding, imperious, know it all ... I’m sure I raised her better than that ... well ... maybe not ... but I damn sure will!

I’m not naming her Seven!

Mary ... I’ll name her Mary ... the most common girl name in the United States ... there are twice as many Mary’s than the next closest ... Patricia.

I was going to name her Cherish. She was going to be the only one ... but not now. Mary ... yup ... Mary. Common as dirt. I should move home to Frogmorton and raise her southern.

Frogmorton is gone.

The house is still there...

“Well ... Mary...” I said.

“Don’t, Mom...” Seven got a look of extreme horror. “You ... wouldn’t...” She flickered, “Oh gods ... you did.”

I watched as she faded away.

The Six rushed the cockpit.

Six said it best.

“What did you do to Mary?”

I grabbed the intercom microphone and switched it on, “JW?”

Cassie replied, “He’s deep in his kata ... could you call later?”

“When he has time, ask him to come see me.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Oh gods ... I got old. Cassie ... our resident Cassandran spy ... called ME ma’am. That caused conflicting conflict in my soul. I am ... what?... 6 years older? Ma’am? We’ll just see about that!

I rushed out to the foredeck and squealed to a stop.

Cassie was practicing Bo with JW ... and she was really good. For all it was practice there were some wicked blows exchanged.

Ever watch the ‘War Club’ dance between Sioux warriors? Friendship STOPS at the door ... or floor. Those guys are Trying to collect a scalp. Broken bones regularly happen.

Cassie was trying to do JW a mischief.

A sweep and he was on the floor with her Bo resting against his forehead. He slapped the floor with his palm.

“Okay ... you can go,” JW said.

Cassie dropped her staff and started bouncing with her hands clasped like a victorious prize-fighter. JW snatched up her discarded Bo and swung a mighty ... and missed. Cassie did the impossible ... she leaped and ducked at the same time. When she came down she was standing on his throat.

“Never leave a live enemy behind,” Cassie said. “Friend or foe? Which are you?”

JW pointed behind her ... I cleared my throat.

“Go where, JW?”

“Crossroads and Chaos, Cassie is going as my companion.”

“Cyn ... what about that?” I asked.

“I have duties I can not forgo,” The watermelon on toothpicks that was Cyn said, “Besides ... the place stinks.”

“You know what a companion does?” Actually, that wasn’t a question ... Cyn knew.

“He’s got to knock up a damsel ... why should I interfere?”

Cassie blushed ... and a lightbulb went off... “Uhm ... JW ... Mel wants to talk to you. I forgot.”

JW struggled and Cassie stepped aside. JW sat up.

“OW! JW,” I said. “That’s quite the goose-egg.”

“Hurts, too.” He said.

“I’ll bet,” I said.

“JW ... I’m going home.”

“Frogmorton?”

“Frogmorton is gone, JW,” I said. “The government made it a National Forest.” I shed a solitary tear. “No ... Pentwater. I have a child to raise.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.