Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 35

The bastard HIT me. I don’t know how he managed. I suppose it was surprise ... I wasn’t expecting ... this was supposed to be a courtesy call and maybe an apology for ramming my boat. I sure wasn’t expecting a roundhouse blow. But ... he struck me ... he wasn’t going to get a second chance.

Somehow I had his Tokarev pistol in my hand ... so I shot him ... in the belly. Pained surprise, shock and disbelief ... that was me ... I don’t know what he was thinking.

That 7.62x25 bottleneck cartridge is a high-powered round ... and not Russian Navy issue. Armed Piracy on the high seas. If I had it I must have taken it away ... that means he had drawn it from a toggle secured flapped holster. That, in itself, is intent to commit bodily harm. There was no way I could have removed it from one of those damn holsters myself. International waters and interfering in rescue work? I was in the clear.

His boat crew ... well. They didn’t know where to look or what to do. Pretty damn quick one of them began wagging his arms at the conning tower work crew. The echo of the shot ... those Tokarev pistols are LOUD ... had the periscope repair bunch looking ... and one of them began waving back. Messaging. Signalmen. They were hand talking without flags ... and they were FAST. I don’t know English flag talk ... I surely don’t know Russian. They were waving back and forth ... like they were arranging to meet onshore and discussing which bar the party was at. By the time the circumstances were passed ... the bastard croaked. Dead men tell no tales ... my version was the only story ... and the rapidly developing black eye. Ouch.

Fairly soon a second inflatable was tied up to the Flint. This one was the Captain’s Barge.

“I knew that young man was trouble,” the captain said. “Politics and influence. I didn’t know he was armed. The easiest way to handle this is to weight him down with something heavy and drop him over the side. Washed overboard while on watch. Yes ... that will satisfy.”

The “Diver” repair ship had a defunct diesel pump that served the purpose ... lost overboard in the storm and stricken from inventory. That damn storm was too convenient ... Seven!

<We didn’t do it.>

Yeah ... I’ll be willing to bet, I thought.

<No ... really. We didn’t.>

The Captain stayed aboard ... and he actually helped. He surveyed the damages, created a Do list, and estimated the cost of repairs.

And that’s why I have Russian sails.

Edem, Rostov Oblast has a repair facility ... mostly fishing boats but they know fiberglass work and there is the beginning of a sport boat industry. I’m not saying it was perfect ... but it was pretty damn good, and the Flint doesn’t leak ... nor does she look awkward. Multi million dollar boats aren’t supposed to look awkward.

Our stay was courtesy of the new Russian Navy. They’re still getting a handle on “freedom” but they’re working on it. Like the boat ... not perfect ... but pretty good.

Edem ... it’s the the tip of a peninsula a few kilometers west of Rostov-on-Don ... has a holiday beach and some accommodations for holiday goers. Nice beach, JW and Billy are dog housed. Southern Russia has beautiful women and they noticed. Both wives are in an ‘Interesting’ condition ... roaming eyes are a no-no.

I missed my period. ‘Interesting’ condition be damned. There were two ... now there’s three.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.