Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 34

“Pregnant?” Seven said, “Let me check.”

Seven checks by going a few months in the future ... it’s disconcerting ... but not as bad as discombobulating from her fellow scientists.

Almost instantly we were on the other side of that awful storm having just been through water Hel. The Flint was a mess ... torn canvas fluttering in shreds ... the bilge pumps going to beat the band. Hatches stove, ports ajar. And a Ukrainian Navy cutter, a “diving” cutter ... with pumps and divers and all manner of maritime rescue and repair equipment steaming to the rescue.

I looked at Seven.

“I assume that’s a yes.”

She nodded and the Powers that Be left us.

“Chicken!” I hollered.

<It’s one thing to mess with civilians. The military is another story, > Seven said in my head. <We’ll be around. We’re looking forward to meeting the next Watch Holder.>

“Who? Cyn’s kid?”

<Who holds the freely given watch?>

Well ... Shit!

I turned to the ‘Fast Reaction’ boat crew as they boarded with immense pumps and tools.

“Need help?” asked the boat pilot. Naturally, he spoke Ukrainian. I didn’t ... oh I know ... Krys has been trying ... but ... not enough to understand. I looked at our politicians daughter.

“Yes, please. Thank you.” Krys said.

No sooner said than big diesel pumps were keeping up with the excess the bilge pumps couldn’t handle. A diver went down to examine the hull, he was quickly back and conferring. A little time was spent collecting underwater glas and mixing epoxy. The diver was diving again.

The boat captain spoke to Krys.

“It’s bad ... but not terrible. What did you hit?” he asked. She translated.

I was about to disclaim responsibility when it became unnecessary.

A Russian submarine surfaced, men swarmed the conning tower, all of them struggling with a bent and broken periscope.

“Never mind,” he pointed at the sub and broken mast. “That was either no accident or the worst of coincidence.”

An officious looking officer was supervising the swarm while the submarine was discharging nearly as much seawater as my boat. He looked our way.

Sure it was Russian ... no I didn’t speak the language ... but I understood every gesture ... I’ve used some of them myself ... more than once. He was accusing me of being in his way. Like it was my fault. I used a gesture of my own.

A rubber boat was suddenly inflated on deck. A huge outboard was mounted. A crew ... and the officer ... loaded in the rubber boat, the sub semi submerged ... the outboard started and we were invaded.

The Flint was boarded ... without permission. I was grabbed.

“Pirates!” I screamed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.