Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Part Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 14

Surprise Melody Flintkote. Pt 2.13

That created a kerfuffle ... just a little one. The bank wanted to wait seven days for ‘funds to clear.’ I wasn’t having any of that.

“Check my balance,” I said.

They did ... and started apologizing. Flintkote International keeps me in funds. The backroom printed out the half million cheque and I gave it to my lawyer.

Of course he took it ... he’s a lawyer.

The insurance company’s lawyer asked, “What’s that for? Down payment on the celebrity catamaran?” The light dawned, “You’ve already bought the boat.” ... not a question.

“Certainly ... too good a bargain to pass up. It comes equipped. Right down to the toothbrushes and hand soap.”

“You mean?”

“Yup ... there’s at least half a million in stores on the boat. It’s Stocked ... fuel, oil, engine-spares, filters, water, bed sheets, bath towels ... even the hot tub cleaning supplies. Everything I had to buy for my other boats after I bought the boats. Hard dodger, Bimini, davits, life-raft, dinghy and motor, EPIRBs (emergency position-indicating radio-beacon station) for the boat and the Challenger anti-exposure on deck work suits for the crew and passengers. Tethers, lifelines, replacement working rigging, a complete compliment of replacement tackle, Lewmar winches, 10 sails. Yup ... everything that can and Can’t be found in a typical Marine Store.” I was ticking things off on my fingers as I named them. “Propellers, zincs, enough fiberglas and resin to build two rudders or patch a hole in the hulls. If it could break there’s a spare.” I ran out of fingers half way through the rant.

I turned to my lawyer. “That’s a bonus for doing your job. You didn’t sell me out.”

While I was bragging about my new used boat, the Everyboat company attorneys were gawking at my soliloquy.

I turned back and said to them, “My policy is still in effect, pre-paid until 2060. My new boat is USCG approved and therefore ... covered.”

I shut up ... there is such a thing as tooting your own horn too loudly. I didn’t tell them about the unused SCUBA gear onboard ... compressor, air tank bank, masks, goggles, snorkels, wet suits, skins, fins, boots, gloves, hoods, hose mounts, weight belts, weights (soft and hard), tanks, dive lights, dive slates, dive flags, marker floats, dive knives, GPS dive radios, spear guns and underwater cameras already on board.

Or the prepaid crew of six, hired for the year with 9 months to go ... of course I kept them ... this was going to be a double honeymoon voyage ... JW and Zoe Flintkote ... and Cyn and Billy McWilliams ... Cyn already in an interesting condition.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.