The Body Guard Book 1 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 1

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 10

Carlo had ordered his men to surround Kay’s farm house. He knew he had to be careful when he found out who he was up against. He would kill Sonny all over again if he was here. Barzin was breathing down his neck and he was running out of time. He knew Sonny must have stashed the drugs and cash in this old farm house. It was the only place left that had not been checked. And being surrounded like it was he knew the stuff had to be there. But he wasn’t dumb. He knew they had the place covered and if he came, he would walk into a trap. But he had himself covered and had the area well scouted. He knew where her hired guns were located. He came with six men to get his stuff back.

“She has four men outside. I haven’t seen anyone inside.”

“I want that girl alive. I am going to do to her what Sonny did to mine. Then I will slowly kill her.”

“Got it boss.”

Everyone got in their positions. It was late afternoon and the sun was behind them. Perfect time for an ambush.

Kay was taking a nap in her bedroom, when she was suddenly awakened by gun fire. She leaped out of bed and ran down the hallway toward the living room. There was gunfire, lights, people shouting, it was so confusing. She stopped in her tracks when she heard the back door being opened. She started to turn around and ran back to her bedroom.

“Kay, Kay?”

“Luca!” she cried out.

“I am here Kay.” He ran over to her.

“I thought you were gone!” she reached out for him.

“I never left you darlin’.” Luca grabbed for her and pulled her near him. He could feel her shaking, she was so scared. “I got you now darlin’.”

“What’s going on out there?” she sniffled.

“Ambush.”

Kay drew in a deep breath.

“We were waiting for them to make their move. Now that they have it’s over.”

“Luca, Luca!” Peter called.

“In here.”

“Kay ... oh ... I see your safe.”

Kay heard the noise settle, the gunfire stopped. All she heard were voices and people walking around.

“Is it over?” she sniffled.

Peter glanced at Lucas, “I hope so. We got Carlo and some of his men. Some didn’t make it. Our guys came through without a scratch.”

Kay blanched at the thought of men dying because of her.

“I want to see what he looks like.”

“Why Kay?”

“I want to see the man that wanted me dead.”

Luca tried to talk her out of it, but she was stubborn. They got up and walked out the door. Luca pointed out who Carlo was. Kay shivered when Carlo looked at her. He had an evil grin on his face. She felt like he was saying, “this isn’t over yet.” She stood there staring at Carlo.

“He is just trying to intimidate you.” Luca said and kissed her head. “He will be put away for a long, long time.”

Kay looked up at Luca. He looked so good and it felt so good just to have him there.

“Luca?”

“Yes?”

“You really never left me all this time?” She wiped the tears from her eyes.

Luca smiled. “I told you, you wouldn’t notice me.”

“I never thought a man your size could hide so well.” She smiled up at him.

Just then a Sheriff’s car pulled up to her farm house, suddenly there was some commotion getting Carlo into the car and it got their attention.

“Stay here darlin’.”

Kay nodded and Luca went to see what was going on. All the sudden he heard a gunshot.

“Get down!” Luca hollered.

Then a second gunshot. Luca spun around just in time to see Kay fall to the ground.

“Nooooo!” He bellowed

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.