The Body Guard Book 1 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 1

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 9

Kay awoke with a fright and a yelp, startling Luca who was dozing next to her. She thought it was all a bad dream until she felt the pain. Her arm was in a sling. She was frantic. She felt Luca’s hands on her. She calmed down a little. She looked up at him.

“What happened?”

“You went into a little shock.”

Her mind was racing. She was trying to remember things. Her memories where hitting her so fast she couldn’t comprehend them all. She started to hyperventilate she squeezed her eyes shut.

“Relax, relax darlin’.” Luca said in a soothing voice.

Kay finally got a grip on things. She started to slow her breathing. Taking in one thing at a time.

“I ... I remember the wreck, the drugs, guns.” She looked up at him.

Luca smiled at her. “We got the information we needed.”

She finally realized she was in a hospital. Luca saw panic in her eyes.

“Everything is taken care of. We got our man.”

“You mean it’s over?” she tried to smile.

“Almost.” He said.

Kay looked at him confused. “Almost?”

“Yes, we confiscated the drugs. We got the name of the guy who put the hit out on you. The guy we captured is being held without bail. Now we are going after the big boss.”

“Who is the big boss?”

“Carlo. Ever heard Sonny talk about him?”

Kay thought, but she never heard the name before.

“Sorry I never heard of him. The only friend of Sonny’s that I met was Virgil. So, tell me why they were after me?”

“It seemed that Sonny got friendly with Carlo. They were doing business together before you came into the picture. Sonny had a big gambling debt, so he contacted Carlo. Sonny promised Carlo he could move his stuff quickly, if Carlo would help him cover his gambling debt. Carlo saw a great opportunity to move the goods, so he agreed. At first they were using your restaurant as a front...”

“What? A front! How could that be possible?”

“Sonny was good. You must give him credit there. But he also got greedy.”

“I can’t believe this!”

“Tom was working on a case against Carlo. Things just happen to fall into place.”

“How I mean, when I inherited my grandmother’s estate, we went and got a lawyer, Tom had no real idea who we were, other than the little work he did for me at that one time. And just who are you anyway?”

“Just put it this way darlin’, I am a man that takes down the bad guys.”

“Are you a secret agent, undercover or something?”

“Or something.”

Kay glared at him. “You’re not going to tell me, are you?”

“Sorry darlin’.”

“Stop calling me that!” her voice got loud.

“You didn’t mind the other night.” He grinned.

Kay went to say something then she heard Tom. “How is my favorite patient?”

Tom could feel the tension in the room. And Luca had that grin on his face.

“What is going on here?” she glared at Luca, “Why won’t he give me any straight answers!”

“Okay, I will tell what I can. When you and Sonny came to me, it was more than perfect. I was working for the government building a case against Carlo and we were on to Sonny. He was being followed. We thought he would lead us to Carlo. I tried to keep you from getting involved, but it didn’t work out that way. Sonny got greedy and it cost him his life. So, they went after you when they couldn’t find out where Sonny stashed the drugs.”

“But Sonny had no idea about the farm house...”

“He led you to believe that. He knew everything. He figured it would be a good place to stash the drugs.”

“I can’t, believe this. I was so careful.” She looked at them.

“Sonny was a criminal Kay he had you wrapped up so tight. He kept a tight chain around you whether you knew it or not.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.