The Body Guard Book 1 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 1

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 8

“Kay! Stop!”

He caught her within a few feet. Kay came to a halt. Luca grabbed her.

“What are you doing? Why are you running out like that?”

“What are you guys planning on doing?” She caught her breath.

They both looked down the driveway as the two trucks with Sal in the first truck and Paulie and Moe in the other pulled up to them. Sal stopped and got out of his truck. Moe and Paulie followed.

“Problems?” Sal asked.

“No, Kay needed some air. Meet you back inside.” Luca said.

They looked at Luca and Kay, she looked scared to death. The men got back in their trucks and parked them on the other side of the house. They got out and went inside to find out from Peter what happened.

“What happened while we were gone? A whole ten minutes at that?” Moe asked.

“He has his hands full with that one.” Sal shook his head.

“He also likes her. And that means he will be more difficult to work with.” Peter said looking at all three men.

“I agree.” Paulie said and continued. “He won’t be thinking clearly. We need to stay more focused.”

All the men agreed. They knew Luca was enamored by Kay. They could tell just by the way he was reacting to her.

“Kay pushed herself away from Luca. Why all the weapons?” She sniffled.

“Protection, I told you we still need to talk. Let’s get back inside they are waiting.”

Kay was hesitant and she was terrified. Were Tom and Luca really the good guys? Did she really have a choice? Could she really trust them? She closed her eyes she had to trust. She thought about the way Luca made love to her. That couldn’t have been faked. He did care for her. She needed to trust him.

Luca stood there and looked at her. He could tell she was afraid. But she had to trust him. What could he do to convince her? Luca took his hand and ran it against the side of her face. Then he took his finger and ran it across her bottom lip. He was gazing at her. He bent his head down close to hers.

“I don’t want to forget about last night.” His voice was soft and low.

Kay took in a deep breath. Her body wanted him. She wanted him. She looked at him confused. She thought that’s what he wanted to forget.

“Luca, I ... I...”

“We will discuss this later. Let’s go inside.”

Luca saw the look of confusion on her face. He figured she thought that’s what he wanted. He realized he wanted more. Kay nodded her head and turned to go back inside. Luca let out a breath of relief when she turned to go back inside. The other men were in the kitchen getting something to eat.

“Does this oven work?” Sal asked.

“As far as I know.” She looked at what he had frozen pizza and spaghetti O’s. “Are you putting that on top?” Kay wrinkled her nose.

“Hey it’s good.” And they laughed. Sal turned on the oven and it didn’t work. “Where is the fuse box?”

“Basement.” Kay pointed.

“Be right back.”

Luca cleared his throat. “Kay, I got you this walkie-talkie.”

“Why? It’s kind of big isn’t it?”

“Safety reasons, if you get into trouble, push and hold this button. It will send out an alarm beep and one of us will respond.”

While Luca was showing Kay the walkie talkie, Moe and Paulie were checking out the weapons. Peter was making more coffee.

“Hey Luca, you better come down here!” Sal yelled.

“Be right there.” He called back then looked back at Kay. “Okay, are you sure that you understand how it works?”

“I think I can figure it out. If not, you can show me again.” Kay smiled at him

Luca turned to go see what Sal wanted.

“Yeah bud?” Luca said as he started down the stairs.

“I went to move these two boxes by the fuse box and look what is inside of them.” He pointed.

The two small boxes where full of what looked like packages of white powder. The Two men stared at each other. Sal opened a package and took a quick taste.

“Cocaine, I think you better have a talk with Kay and find out what is going on here.” He said as he spits the stuff out of his mouth.

Luca became instantly furious. No wonder she wanted them to leave. She knew Sonny had this stuff, she lied when she said he didn’t know about this place. She wanted the money and everything for herself. He didn’t see it coming at all. Luca was in a rage, he took the steps three at a time. He grabbed Kay, all she saw was his rage.

“Luca what?” he grabbed her arm and was dragging her towards the basement.

“What’s going on?” Peter said, as they followed them.

Luca literally picked Kay up and hauled her down the stairs, as she tried to struggle free.

“What the hell is this!” he spun her around, so she could see.

Kay gasped, “I ... I don’t know what this is!” and she looked up at Luca.

“The hell you don’t! Now I know why you were so bent on getting rid of us. And why you snuck out here! Now it all makes sense why someone would want you dead! What did you think you were going to do?”

Luca was so furious his heart was about to pop. He fell for Kay only to find out she was a criminal just like her husband. Kay attempted to run but Luca stopped her. She had no clue, what was in those bags or how they got there. She couldn’t believe Luca thought she was involved or knew anything about this. Her heart broke.

“Let go of me!” she screamed.

“Not until I get answers!” he roared as he shook her.

“Luca stop!” Sal shouted.

Kay was rattled. She didn’t know why, but when Luca released her, she bolted. Luca started after her, but Sal stopped him. He spun round and glared at him.

“What the fuck Sal?”

“I don’t think she knew Luca.”

“Why would you say that?”

“You didn’t see the look on her face.”

Luca didn’t see it either he was too angry, all he saw was betrayal. The others let Kay push her way through. They didn’t stop her they also saw the look on her face.

“I think Sal was right.” Paulie said.

“After you calm down you better go after her Luca, you two need to work this out.” Moe said.

Luca calmed down. He put up his hand, “You’re right, you’re right, I’ll go find her. But she has a lot to explain.”

Before he got to the top of the stairs his walkie-talkie beeped. The team was with him in the basement, it could only be one of two people, Tom or Kay.

*********

Carlo Rizzi and Virgil Sollozzo were meeting in Carlo’s office.

“Have you found her Virgil?” Carlo asked.

“Yes, I know where she is. I have two men watching her.” Virgil said.

Virgil was one of Sonny’s so-called friends. They formulated a plan together. Greed got to them both and then things went bad rapidly. Virgil was fast in covering his tracks, so that all evidence pointing to Sonny.

“Does she have my money?”

“Her lawyer has most of it together. She has four days.”

“Did you find my stuff?”

“I had my men search her house, but I don’t think Sonny would have kept it there.”

“I see. I noticed that her restaurant had an unfortunate accident.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.