The Body Guard Book 1 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 1

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 7

Kay sat out on the porch while Luca was on the phone to Tom.

“We have a problem Luca.”

“What’s that Tom?”

“Kay’s restaurant was set on fire and burned to the ground late last night. I went to her house this morning and it was broken into and ransacked.”

“Shit anyone hurt?”

“No, but they are sending a message. I can’t think of any reason for them to burn down her restaurant. They know she needed to sell it to pay them off.” Tom said.

“But why ransack her house, unless they must think she has something. I think it is time to bring the team in. This is going to get a lot worse.” Luca said.

“I was hoping it wouldn’t come to that.”

“Same here, I felt that I was missing something, so I did some digging and I found out a few more things.”

“What did you find out?”

“Not much, but it wasn’t good. Besides owing them money, Sonny was messing with some of their ‘ladies’ and he got a little too physical with them. But still her ransacking house doesn’t make sense.”

“Shit!” Luca thought a moment. “I bet he stole something from them.”

“I agree. I need to get someone out there on the streets and find out more.”

“Kay is going to freak out, but I don’t think she will try and run again.”

“Let’s hope not.”

“Tom.”

“Yes?”

“Did you know Sonny roughed her up?”

Tom was quiet and didn’t say anything.

“Did you or did you not know?” Luca asked.

“I had my suspicions. Sonny appeared to me to be that type of a guy. But this was the second time that I have had any dealing with her. Both times she always tried to stay up beat, cheery. I don’t think she wanted people to know the agony she was going through. She really wanted things to work. She didn’t want to be a failure. I do have most of the money for her, but you know as well as I do, they won’t stop after they are paid.”

“Understood, will keep in touch.”

“Good luck.”

“Thanks, we will need it.”

As soon as Luca hung up, he got a hold of his buddies. A couple of them were within walking distance. Kay saw them walking up. She panicked and ran into the house.

“There are men coming!” she was terrified.

Luca glanced out the door and smiled. “They are my friends.”

“Friends?”

“Yes, I do have them.”

They watched the two men walk up the drive. Lucas went out to greet them. Kay stayed inside watching. She saw them talking and looking at the house. Neither man was as tall or as big as Luca, but still to her they looked huge. The three men started walking up to the house, Kay quickly moved away from the door. She had such a confused look on her face.

“Kay Corleone, this is Paulie Gatto and Moe Green.”

Both men looked at each other than at Luca.

“They got a hold of her yesterday.” Luca said.

Kay quickly put her hand to her face. Even through her face was bruised and swollen, both men smiled. Now they knew why Luca had a gleam in his eyes when he talked about her, she was a knock-out.

“Nice to meet you Mrs. Corleone,” both men said and nodded.

“Kay, just Kay.” She looked at Luca.

“Sal and Peter are on the way?” Moe said.

“What? Why?” she glanced at Luca and the other two men.

Luca took a deep breath. “You should sit Kay. I have something to tell you.”

Still unbelieving Kay looked at Luca. “It took five of you?”

“We had to cover all bases.”

“But I can’t afford this.”

“The money is not an issue Kay.”

“Then what is?” All three men looked at each other. “What is going on?”

“Tom called me this morning.”

He paused. Kay could see the news wasn’t good. But she never expected to hear what she heard next.

“They torched your restaurant and ransacked your house.”

Kay gasped and covered her mouth. Tears filled her eyes. It took a second for her to come around.

“Was ... was anyone hurt?” she held her breath.

“No.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.