The Body Guard Book 1
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Tom showed up a short time later. Kay was laying down when he arrived. Luca filled him in on the events that taken place.

“Do you still think she is going to bolt?” Tom asked

“Yep.” Luca replied.

Tom shook his head. “Why, she will be safer with you.”

“She didn’t want our blood on her hands.”

Tom nodded that he understood. He sat back in the chair and thought for a few minutes.

“You know. I always knew that girl had fire in her.” He laughed. “But that man she was with did so much damage to her soul.” He shook his head.

“I don’t understand how she got hooked up with him.” Luca shook his head.

“He told her what she wanted to hear. He charmed her at first. He used her, in more ways than one. She didn’t want to be a failure at anything. Now I am afraid her trust in everything and everyone has been shattered.”

“She is something.” A smile crossed Luca’s face but didn’t realize it.

“Luca.”

“Yeah?”

“Be careful. She is unpredictable right now. She is running scared from everything.”

“You don’t have to tell me.”

“Do you want me to find someone else?” Tom didn’t want to, but he had to ask.

Luca felt insulted and quickly stood up. “Are telling me I can’t do my job?”

“Hold on that’s not what I mean.”

“What did you mean?”

“What’s going on?” both men looked a Kay.

Her face was starting to swell and show some black and blue bruises. It tugged at Luca’s heart. Whoever done this will pay dearly.

“Just having a discussion.” Tom said.

“Looks like more than a discussion to me.”

She came in and sat down very slow. Luca and Tom exchanged glances quickly. They knew she was hurting more then she let them to believe.

“Nothing to worry about.” Tom said.

“Well according to your call Tom, you have some news for me?” She asked.

“What call?” Luca looked at them.

“When those men were here Tom called...”

“I called Kay after you called me and told me she gave you the slip. I knew it wouldn’t take you long to get back here, but just in case I wanted to make sure Kay was safe, so I called and told her things could be done in a couple of weeks.”

“So, you lied?” Kay looked at him.

“Well sort of Kay.”

All Kay’s hope went out the window. She went to put her hands to her face. She got up and went to the kitchen to get that bag of frozen peas.

“She won’t give me the slip again.” Luca said.

“I thought you were the best?” Kay ribbed him.

She knew that would get him going. She doesn’t know why but she loved to see him get all riled up. Even though she was in pain, she chuckled. At his expressions. Luca went to say something, but Tom stopped him.

“We don’t have time for this. As a matter of fact, time is going by too fast. Kay please don’t leave the house again without Luca with you.”

“Just hold on Tom.” Kay cleared her throat. “This is my problem. I don’t want anything to happen to you or Luca. All I want is everything to be sold. So, I can pay back the money and go on with my life.”

She saw Tom and Luca exchange glances. “What? What don’t I know?”

“Just think about it Kay.” Luca said.

Luca was going to try and scare the daylights out of her, hoping she wouldn’t try and run again. Kay looked at Tom and he just stared at her.

“You do know what those two men look like right?”

“Yes.”

“So, you could I identify them, right?”

“Yes.” Kay gasped “no, no...” shaking her head.

“Did you think they would just let you go?”

Kay felt a chill go through her as she thought about it. She knew they wouldn’t let her go. Her face paled and she started to shake.

“They will kill me anyways.” She choked.

“Not if I can help it.” Luca said.

After a few minutes of silence, Kay got up and went into the bathroom.

“Still think she is going to bolt?” Tom asked.

“Yep. And I believe it will be soon. I had the guys’ stake out her place. No one has been there in a long time. They are just waiting for me to give the orders.”

“I hope this won’t get bloody.” Tom shook his head.

“If you wanted me here, then you somehow expected it would.”

“You’re right. I just hate what this is doing to her. She went through so much with that so-called husband of hers.”

“Why didn’t you stop her or warn her?”

Tom chuckled, “When she has her mind set to something, it’s hard to convince her otherwise. I knew sooner or later, she would need help.”

“You got that right, she is stubborn.”

“Luca, I know this is none of my business, but...”

“Your right, it isn’t. But you have nothing to worry about.” Luca said firmly.

Tom has known Luca for many years and never once did he let his personal life interfere with his job. He had his head on straight and priorities straight. He knew Luca was perfect for this job, he just didn’t expect Luca to fall for Kay and that’s a whole new situation. He left Kay’s house feeling better that Luca was there to watch over her.

Kay needed to think and a hot bath was just the answer. She knew Tom and Luca wanted to protect her and see her safe. ‘But they can’t watch me forever she thought.’ Sooner or later they would have to go back to their own lives. She didn’t want to live always looking over her shoulder. She knew those flunkies would catch up to her sooner than later even after she paid them off. There was no way out, that she could see. She couldn’t run and hide for the rest of her life. She must have been in there for a long time she heard a tapping on the door.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.