The Body Guard Book 1 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 1

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 4

Kay watched Luca outside for a while. But he was always on the move, so she gave up. She went and locked all the windows and doors. ‘He can sleep out there, call me darlin’ now,’ she thought to herself. Kay was exhausted. She needed a shower. She knew she wouldn’t be able to sleep. So, she put on a pot of coffee. She went to her room, grabbed some clothes and then went to take a shower.

Luca walked up to the door, it was locked. He shook his head and grinned. He checked all the doors and windows. He laughed to himself ‘she locked me out.’ But that didn’t stop him from getting in. When he got in, he checked the house, he heard the shower running. He stood by the door for a second. He could smell the scent from whatever she was using in the shower drift out and his thoughts started going wild. He was getting himself all worked up until her heard her crying, and then his heart broke. ‘Damn!’ he muttered to himself. He left the door and went into the kitchen. He could smell the coffee. He grabbed a cup and sat down and waited.

When Kay got done, she dried off and put some drops in her eyes. She was scared and felt so alone. She had no idea what was going to happen. She had to trust Tom and Luca no matter what. That’s all the hope she had. She went to her room and put on some comfortable clothes. She then went into the Kitchen. She jumped when she saw Luca sitting there.

“How did you...” she stood there shocked.

“Get in?” he grinned.

Kay nodded her head to shock to say anything.

“It wasn’t hard.”

“But I...”

“Locked everything?”

She nodded her head again.

Luca stood up and walked right towards her. He was standing directly in front of her looking down.

“Let’s get this straight, right now.” He said.

Kay started to shake. She felt the heat of his body, the way he looked at her. Her body

was betraying her. She had to get it under control. She cleared her throat and looked up at him.

“Get what straight?” she said in a strained voice.

“I am your Body Guard like it or not. Tom is a very good friend of mine and I am doing him a favor.”

“A favor?”

“Don’t play your childish games with me. Do you really think you could lock me out?”

Kay didn’t know what to say to him. She walked around him, grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down. Her mind was racing a mile a minute.

“Did you hear me?” Luca said.

Kay took a deep breath. “I am sorry. I know you are here to help me. But so much has happened in the last twelve hours I am not thinking straight.” She looked up at him.

Luca let out a sigh, was he too hard on her? He walked to the table and sat down across from her.

“Listen, I know this is happening too fast for you right now. You probably are scared to death. But to just let you know this isn’t my first job, and it won’t be the last.”

Kay looked at him, she sensed he was very capable of keeping her safe. But why does he laugh at her?

“Why did you laugh at me?”

The question threw Luca. “What?”

“Laugh at me, like this is a joke? I am terrified. Men are threatening my life! I am losing everything because of my ... my husband.” She had a hard time saying this.

“Did you love him?”

The question threw Kay for a moment.

“What does that have to do with anything?”

Luca shrugged his shoulders.

“I thought so at one time. But I soon realized he didn’t love me. He used me. I wanted to make things work. I didn’t want to be a failure. I even put up with him slapping me now and again.”

Luca’s eyes tightened. “He slapped you? Does Tom know?”

Kay looked away. “That’s not important. I knew it was going to get worse. So, when I inherited the money, I thought maybe things would get better. But they didn’t. I filed for divorce, but he died before it was final. So here I am stuck.”

Luca could hear the pain in her voice. How could Sonny treat her like that? Kay was beautiful. She seemed so full of life. She was strong and determined to make her bad marriage work. But it cost her.

“So, what about you?”

“What?”

Kay chuckled. “Do you have a hearing problem?”

“What?”

She laughed again, but a little harder. “Every time I ask you something, you always say, what,” she stared at him.

He shook his head. “I am not used to being asked questions.”

“Why not?”

“It’s not in the job description.”

“Oh, I see.” Kay stood up.

When she stood, she was as tall as he was sitting.

‘Damn it Luca why did you say that, you could have said anything. She needed someone to talk to even if it’s about nothing.’ He thought. He wanted to say something more, but she stopped him.

“The less I know the better off I am.” She walked passed him.

He heard a door close. He stood up and looked down the hall. Her bedroom door was closed. He felt terrible! All she needed was some pleasant conversation. This was going to be harder on him than he thought. He knew he was falling for her. And he knew it wasn’t in his or her best interest. He had to stay focused and remember she is a client.

Kay couldn’t sleep and Luca wouldn’t sleep. She jumped at every little noise. She knew he was out there and he would keep her safe. But still she was terrified. She realized he wasn’t the talkative type, but she needed conversation, just anything to help her settle down and take in what was going on. She needed a friend, but Sonny took care of all that. She didn’t have any left. Tears fell softly as she lay there. She didn’t know if she would be alive by tomorrow or the end of the week. She wanted to run and hide. So, in her mind, her way of thinking, that’s what she would do.

Kay finally fell asleep, but it wasn’t for very long. She was awakened by the smell of coffee. She opened her eyes and looked towards her door. It was open a little. She knew she had closed it last night. She lay there for a few more seconds and realized Luca must have opened it to check on her. She sat up and decided she wasn’t going to live in fear. She was going to do her normal routine. She was going to leave and nobody was going to stop her. She got up and took a quick shower and then got dressed. She went back into the bathroom, brushed her teeth and put on her make-up. She went into the kitchen and Luca was sitting in the chair waiting for her.

“Good morning.” He said.

She smiled slightly. “Good morning.”

She dropped her purse on the table, got a cup of coffee and sat down.

“Going somewhere?”

Kay looked over at him. “Of course. I can’t stay here hiding. I have a business to run.” She paused and stared. “For a little while at least.”

“I think it’s best you stay here.”

“Okay, so you do,” she said as she took a sip of coffee.

Luca sat there and watched. “Did you hear me Kay?”

“What?”

Luca rolled his eyes. He stood up. “You’re not going anywhere.”

“And who is going to stop me?” she looked up at him.

Kay knew she was pushing it with him. But she didn’t want to hide and she did have a business to run. Her restaurant opened at 11 am. and closed 10 pm. She usually got there around 10 am. and left around midnight. She was open Tuesday through Saturday.

“It will be harder for me if you leave.” Luca tried to keep from yelling at her.

“Well then, I guess you will be earning your pay.” She snapped and got up.

Luca reached over and grabbed her arm. Kay’s eyes got big, then narrowed.

“Get your hands off me.” She said in a low voice.

The look Kay first had been fear, fear caused by Sonny. But she recovered quickly. Luca let her go.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.