The Body Guard Book 1
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Tom cleared his throat, “Sit Kay.”

She went over and sat at the table. “How bad is it? Do I have the funds?”

Tom and Luca glanced at each other Kay felt the uneasiness.

“That bad?” she choked out.

Tom nodded, “Yes Kay that bad. You must hold yourself together do what we say. We will get you through this.”

Kay was silent for a minute. “But Tom, you’re my lawyer. How do you know about these things? I mean I know you can get everything together for me, but to protect me?” She glanced at Luca.

“Tom is more than a lawyer. “Luca quickly said.

Tom sent Luca a shut your mouth stare.

Tom then spoke, “Listen to me Kay, the men Sonny owes, they are very dangerous men. I know who he was dealing with. I was hoping your divorce would go quickly, but then...”

“Sonny was killed.” She quickly said.

“Yes, it may have not been an accident.”

Kay clasps her hands around her mouth and started to shake.

“We have to be careful here Kay. Luca here is the best. He will keep you safe.”

“What ... what kind of lawyer are you?”

“I am the kind that will keep his innocent clients safe. I have seen a lot of suffering because of people like Sonny. I have been with you since you took over the restaurant and I knew in the end, he would take you for everything. But I never expected he would be killed and that complicated things more.”

“Is that why you insisted on stocks and investments?”

Tom nodded his head.

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“You are my client. You wanted to make things work. Until...”

Kay closed her eyes. “Until he brought that woman here.” She finished.

Luca listened and heard the heartache she went though, it broke his heart.

After a pause of silence Kay looked at them both. “Do I have enough?”

Tom glanced down at the paperwork in front of him.

“Yes Kay, but it will take longer than a week. And that’s going to be the hard part.”

Kay closed her eyes and nodded her head. “Damn him!!” she said in anger.

“I thought, before all this happened, you would be able to keep your business and house, but now I’m not so sure.” Tom looked at her.

“Are you sure they both will have to be sold?”

“Like I said I am not sure yet but be prepared for the worst.”

Kay’s eyes filled with tears, “The restaurant only thing of my parents I have left,” she choked.

Tom patted her hand. “If there was another way Kay, but there isn’t. I looked over the rest of your financial situation. The judgments against you will take most of your investments if not all. You are lucky to have taken my advice and made those investments. But in order to cover the criminal debts that Sonny owes, the house and the furniture for sure will have to be liquidated. Any other assets you might have, including your car and Sonny’s car. You might be able to save the restaurant by taking out a loan on it. If that’s possible, it will have to be checked out.” He said.

Kay was listening, but she wasn’t hearing. She felt eyes upon her, she casually looked over and Luca was staring at her. She felt his eyes could see right into her soul and her heart skipped a beat. She felt his eyes devouring her. He quickly glanced away when he noticed her stare. She smiled a little on the inside. She has never had a man look at her like that before, and it was a good feeling.

Luca couldn’t help staring at Kay. There was something about her that drew his attention. The attraction he felt was undeniable. He was trying to figure out what it was about her that is drawing his attention to her. When he noticed her looking at him, he quickly looked away. He was hoping she couldn’t read his mind.

“Kay, Kay?” Tom called her.

She shook her head and put those thoughts behind her. “Yes Tom?”

“Is there anything more you want to say or tell me?”

Tom could feel the attraction between Luca and Kay. He has never seen Luca go so gooey eyed over a woman before. It seemed that Luca was smitten. But they had to stay focused, Kay’s life and future depended on it.

“There is something I need to tell you.” Kay said.

She looked down at the table. She was twisting her hands around and around, she was so nervous.

“What is it Kay?”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.