The Body Guard Book 1
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

With help from Tom, Kay and Sonny setup an account with an investment firm and had the money deposit there. They were advised to buy some stock and make investments. Kay followed the advice, but Sonny spent his share of the money as quickly as it became available to him. Soon threatening phone calls started again. Sonny became more abusive. Kay feared for her life at times. The look on his face at times gave her the chills. He seemed to become more hateful towards her. Kay couldn’t take it anymore. She finally filed for divorce when she caught him in their bed with a strange woman. She had enough. A month later, Sonny was killed in an accident. But he seemed to owe just about everybody money, and now Kay was accountable to pay off those debts. Since they still were married, and the divorce wasn’t final yet, she was responsible for them. Sitting in the courtroom was very unnerving.

The judgment finally came in and Kay almost fainted when she found out, she would be almost broke. She would probably have cash in all her investments to cover the judgment. But it looked like her house and restaurant might be saved. All of this because of Sonny.

“I’m so sorry Kay, I did everything I could.” Tom said.

Tom helped Kay with her will and finances after her parents had died. Tom also knew that Sonny her husband was mixed up in the criminal world. Why she ever married Sonny was beyond him.

“I know you have Tom, I just can’t believe one man could owe this much money.”

She couldn’t imagine where Sonny spent it all, somehow things just didn’t add up.

“Guys like Sonny seemed to go through money. I could almost see it coming, but I think we should be able to save your restaurant and house.”

“I sure hope so Tom. I wish I could have seen this coming. But I wanted our marriage to work.”

“You’re a strong person Kay. You will pull through.” He smiled at her trying to give her hope.

What Kay didn’t know was there were two types of judgments against her. One adjudicated by the courts and one decided by the criminals that Sonny owed money to.


When Kay got home, she looked around. Everything might have to go, tears built up in her eyes. But she held on to the thought about keeping her business. She was in the kitchen getting a drink of water when the doorbell rang. She went and answered the door and got a surprise!

“Kay Corleone?”

“Yes.”

There were two big burly men standing there. Kay suddenly got nervous. The men pushed their way in and closed the door. Everything happened so fast it made her dizzy.

“We here to collect money owed our boss.” One of them growled.

“Money? What money? I have no more money.” She cried.

She saw one of the men pull out a gun, and she began to panic!

“Sonny owes our boss a cool half a million. And he wants it now.”

“Sonny’s dead!” She gasped.

“We know he is dead. But you are his wife and you’re still alive, for now. And the boss wants his money!”

Kay’s head was spinning. She didn’t know what was going to happen. She couldn’t think straight. Then she felt the gun jam into her side.

“You get the idea?”

“I ... I don’t have any money. Sonny spent his share of the inheritance. What’s left is mine and it is all invested.” She choked out.

“Well find a way to get it. You have a week and we will be back. And next time we won’t be so nice.”

One of the men knocked her down to the floor and kicked her once.

“Don’t get any ideas,” and he pointed the gun at her.

Kay was in fear as she watched the men leave. She sat for a long time and finally got her

wits about her and got up. She ran to the door and locked it. She quickly called her lawyer.

“Tom!” she shouted into the phone all out of breath.

“Kay?”

“I need to sell everything now!”

“Hold on, you should be able to keep the house and business?”

He heard the panic in her voice.

“I have changed my mind. I want to sell everything and get out of this town.”

“Kay what happened?”

She didn’t answer.

“Kay are you alright? Kay!”

Kay was in a panic! She had to catch her breath. She was in fear for her life. Was she being watched? She took a deep breath trying to calm her.

“Tom please, I just want to leave this place and start new somewhere. And for me to do that I have to sell everything. How long do you think it will take?”

“It will take a while Kay.”

“I don’t have a while Tom. I need to sell now!” She couldn’t contain the panic in her voice anymore.

“Something happened Kay, tell me. I can help.”

Tom knew about Sonny and his dealings. He tried to protect Kay from it but couldn’t. Tom was more than just a lawyer. When Kay and Sonny came to him for financial advice, it was a stroke of luck. But now after Sonny’s death, it put a damper on the investigation. Now he must protect Kay and try not getting her more involved. Sonny has been under surveillance for the past year. He was into drugs, laundering money and had a gambling problem. But they were after the big boss. Hoping Sonny would lead them to him. Kay started to cry, and she could hardly speak.

“I just need to sell everything. And it has to be done this week.”

Tom thought about the way things happened so fast. He knew they came after Kay trying to collect.

“Kay listen to me, carefully.”

All she could do was sniff.

“How long?”

“A week.” Her voice squeaked.

“How much?”

“Five hundred thousand.”

“Damn!”

Tom squeezed his eyes shut. He didn’t want to scare Kay any more then she already was. He knew how out of control things could get fast.

“Now listen to me carefully Kay.”

“O ... kay.” She whispered.

“I am going to get a hold of an old friend.”

“No, no! You can’t! They will kill me!”

“Kay will you please listen! It will take more than a week to get that kind of money together. You need someone to protect you.”

Kay just broke down. All Tom could hear was her crying. She wouldn’t answer him, and she sounded hysterical. He kept talking to her as he used his second phone, which was a private line. He dialed a number. ‘Please be there, pick up pick up.’ He said to himself.

“Your dime.”

“Luca, Luca Brasia, thank God you answered!”

“What’s the matter bud? You seem a little upset.”

“I need a favor.”

Luca laughed, “And what kind of favor?”

Luca was an ex-military man. He was trained in knives, pistols and rifles. He was rated a marksman in the use of the rifle. One of his favorite rifles was Winchester .44-40 carbine, 1892 model. He was licensed to carry weapons in New York City. He retired from the army after 20 years. He now works as a man for hire, something like a private investigator.

Tom quickly explained things to Luca. He told him where Kay lived and how hysterical she was.

“I need you to get there as quick as you can.”

Luca stopped laughing and listened carefully to what Tom was saying. He read about the case in the paper. He always thought it was a shame. She was such a beautiful young woman and it was a tragedy she had gotten tangled up with a guy like that Sonny Corleone.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.