The Body Guard Book 1 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 1

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 1

Kay Adams Corleone and her lawyer, Tom Hagen, were listening to the judge as he issued a verdict against her and her late husband Sonny. Kay had been married to Vito Sonny Corleone for just over four years. She was just in the process of getting a divorce from him, when he suddenly died.

“I can’t believe this! I just can’t!”

“Settled down Kay, it isn’t over yet.”

“It might as well be there is no way I can get out of this. I can’t believe him! If he wasn’t dead, I would kill him myself!”

“Easy now Kay, we don’t want language like that, it could cause you some problems if the wrong person heard you.”

“I know Tom, I couldn’t help myself, it sort of just slipped out. It’s just I can’t believe he could cause me this much trouble.”

During their short marriage Kay’s grandma passed away and Kay and her sister were her only living relative. Her sister was never mentioned in the will. She will never forget the day she went to the reading of the will. It was a very sizable estate, making Kay a very wealthy woman. She was so overwhelmed she couldn’t speak. It took her awhile to settle down and get herself under control. She calmed down enough to call her husband’s office, but he wasn’t in. Kay thought it a little odd at that time of day. But he did have meetings now and again, so she never questioned him. Kay went back to her restaurant, but it was hard to concentrate on work after what occurred earlier in the day. Finally, she couldn’t take it anymore and left. She was leaving the restaurant in the capable hands of Holly, her hostess and number two in the chain of command. She was going crazy waiting for Sonny to get home. When he finally got home, she almost knocked him over when he came through the door.

“Sonny, Sonny!” she ran up to him jumping up into his arms. “I can’t believe this! I just can’t!”

“Whoa! Settle down Kay. What did your grandma do, leave you a million dollars or something?” he snickered.

Kay stood back with the biggest grin on her face.

Sonny looked at her speechless for a second. “Oh my God Kay, don’t tell me?”

Kay was nodding her head.

“We’re rich! We’re rich!” and she jumped up into his arms again.

Sonny was shocked he had to see for himself.

“Let me see what the will says.”

Kay showed him the document and he stood frozen looking at it. As he stood still Kay noticed he had lipstick on his shirt collar. She cleared her throat. This wasn’t the first time he had cheated on her. She always looked the other way, like she didn’t know, but she did.

“I think we should talk with an attorney for some advice to help us. This is a lot of money.”

Sonny was just grinning, still staring at the document.

“You know what this means? I can retire. I can get what I want, go where I want...” he was lost in his thoughts.

Kay was listening to him. He kept saying I and not we.

“Did you hear what I said Vito?”

She would call him Vito when she was mad at him. He did not like being called Vito, he always went by Sonny.

He looked at her quickly, “Yeah, yeah something about a lawyer. I can get one.”

“Vito it’s we, not I.” she glared at him.

She just had that feeling that she wasn’t going to able to trust him with all this money at stake.

“Yeah right us.”

But he wasn’t listening to her. He was thinking, booze, drugs, gambling and women. He could pay off all the money owed to his bookies. He only married Kay because his parents were badgering him to get married and start a family. He was dating Kay and a couple of other women at that time. She was the best of the three and she had a restaurant that was doing very well. Her restaurant could be very useful, so he figured why not. He was at a dead-end sales job going nowhere and his parents refused to help him anymore. He had a lot of gambling debts he must cover. This money would get him out of the hole. But he had one little problem, Kay.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.