Widows, Whiskey, and Willow Switches - Cover

Widows, Whiskey, and Willow Switches

Copyright© 2019 by Raisa Greywood

Chapter 9

Western Sex Story: Chapter 9 - My husband is gone and I need a fresh start. There's homesteads in the Oklahoma Territory free for the taking if I can hold on to it. All I need to do is set my stake and live there for five years. Problem is, a no-account scalawag of a man has his eye on the same claim. And on me. I need to get rid of him, but when we set our stakes at the same time, things get a lot more complicated.

Caution: This Western Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Blackmail   Coercion   Consensual   NonConsensual   Reluctant   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   Humiliation   Rough   Spanking   White Male   White Female   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Slow  

They reached Kansas City early the next morning. Abby had sent a telegraph ahead at one of their stops and shrieked in delight at the sight of Jane and Archie waiting on the platform. Jane was as beautiful and tiny as ever, a pretty porcelain doll in her burgundy dress and shawl. Archie still resembled a bear, with his bushy hair tamed under pomade and a scruff of whiskers on his jaw. Wire spectacles rested on his large nose over twinkling blue eyes.

She raced toward them and Archie laughed as he swung her into his arms. “Haven’t you decided to grow yet, sprout?”

She wrapped her arms round his broad shoulders and let her feet dangle. “I’m taller than your wife, lumberjack!”

Chuckling, he set her on her feet to let his wife hug her. “We missed you so, cousin! Are you back to stay?”

Abby kissed her cousin’s cheek and shook her head. “You know I’m not. I’ve only come to deal with Benjamin.” She pulled away, placing Jane’s hand on Archie’s arm. “Let me introduce you to Mr. Caleb Walsh, my husband.”

Caleb nodded politely and held out his hand to Archie. Jane scowled and marched up to him, her small frame quivering. She pulled her booted foot back and kicked him right in the knee.

“Jane!”

“What?” She turned up her nose and took Abby’s arm. “He deserved it. Let’s go see Mama and let Archie deal with him. You’ll be a widow before lunch.”


He scowled at the smaller woman’s thoughtless comment and nearly took a step forward to upbraid her for her behavior before he remembered that she was the responsibility of the man next to him.

“Please accept my apologies for my wife’s behavior. Rest assured, I will discuss it with her later.” The larger man held out a hand. “I’m Archibald Cox. I represented Matthew and Abby’s affairs before his passing.”

Caleb shook the other man’s hand, noting his palm was firm and dry. He didn’t squeeze to attempt a power play, gaining him Caleb’s grudging respect. “Apologies are unnecessary. I’m afraid your wife was right, though I hope to make amends for my behavior.”

Archie pushed his glasses up his nose and gazed at Caleb, his expression unreadable. “Very well. Shall we go to my office to discuss things, Dr. Walsh?”

“That information isn’t widely shared, Mr. Cox.” His medical education wasn’t a secret, though he never mentioned his past if he could help it. It wasn’t part of his life now.

“You have married my wife’s cousin; a woman I consider like my own sister. I decided to act in her best interest and find out what I could about you.” Brown eyes met blue as they stared at each other. “There is a word one might use to describe a man who takes advantage of a rich widow.” He set off down the street, his hands folded behind his back.

Caleb picked up their saddlebags and matched his steps. “Indeed. I wasn’t aware of her means when I courted her. Rest assured, we will be arranging an annulment when her business with Benjamin Hartford is concluded. I would be thankful for the recommendation of a lawyer if you know of one.”

“If that is what you and Abby want, I will take care of it.”

“I’m much obliged. Thank you. I’m sure Abby will be delighted by the news.”

The bell jangled over a plain wooden door as Archie opened it. A young man looked up, his expression owlish behind thick spectacles. “Take something from the cash box and fetch us some honey buns from the baker down the street, please.”

The youngster nodded and dashed away after retrieving a few coins.

“My assistant, Seth. He’s got a bright future ahead of him if he ever learns to speak.” He led Caleb into a dark office and lit a lamp. “Have a seat, please.”

He took the leather chair behind the desk as Caleb sat across from him. His back stiffened as Archie reached into his desk, figuring he was about to meet his maker at the end of a pistol. Instead, he pulled a dusty bottle from the drawer at his feet.

“This is the sole remaining bottle from Abby’s first batch of bourbon. She is unaware that I have it, and I’d prefer she stay in the dark.” He loosened the cork and poured a scant measure into a glass then slid it over. “It had been intended to be split aged; half would be for ten years, and the rest for twenty.” He tipped his glass forward and sipped, inviting Caleb to join him.

“How old is it now?” He held the glass up to the lamp, admiring the rich amber color. The odor was rich and complex, bitter from the char, but sweet with notes of honey and malt.

“It’s a bit less than five years.” He took another small sip, rolling the fluid around his mouth. “Green, as far as Abby is concerned.”

He put the glass to his lips and let the bourbon flow over his tongue like an angel’s song. “Damnation,” he hissed. The promise from the scent was surpassed by that first sip and he let it linger in his mouth before taking another drink, realizing it was the same as what had been in her flask.

“Indeed.” Archie set his glass down and replaced the bottle. “Abby’s wealth isn’t wrapped up in that old sock. It’s between her pretty ears.”

“I already know that. I knew it the first day I met her.”

“Do you still wish for an annulment?”

Caleb tossed the last of the bourbon down and folded his hands in his lap. “I never did,” he said, his voice husky from the liquor’s burn. “I want her so badly I can’t see straight and it’s not because of the bourbon.” He lifted his head, meeting the other man’s eyes. “I forced her into marrying me, and I shouldn’t have. I am here only to make restitution.”

“You plan to let her go, just like that?”

“A forced marriage is no marriage. She doesn’t want me, and I love her too much to keep her.”

“Have you told her?”

Caleb laughed, the sound hurtful to his ears. “No. I kidnapped her from her home and made her wed me at gunpoint. I hardly think she’ll believe declarations of love.”

“Perhaps.” Archie leaned back in his chair, still nursing his glass. “Matthew was my best friend since earliest childhood. When we were ten, he threw a rock at a little strawberry blonde termagant. He hit her in the face and knocked her clean out.”

“Abby?”

“Yes. When she fell, we did what all young boys do in such situations.” He smiled fondly and added, “We ran like hell.”

Caleb chuckled. He’d gotten into some scrapes himself. “What happened?”

“Our mothers made us go to her sickbed and apologize. We went in one at a time, and I went first. She was gracious and thanked me, but when Matthew came in with a bunch of flowers he’d stolen from her Mama’s garden, you could see the mad in her eyes.”

Finishing his drink, he set the glass aside. “Being a somewhat wiser young lad, I escaped outside to wait. Matthew came back down with a black eye and a bloody nose, and informed me that he was going to marry her.”

“He made good on his word, then. I’m glad for him.”

“She held on to that grudge for nearly ten years, Dr. Walsh. We told him over and over she’d have nothing to do with him. He persisted, despite all her nasty tricks.”

“She hit me in the head with a rock.”

“Ah.” Archie smirked. “She wasn’t so kind to Matthew, I’m afraid. Nothing destructive or hurtful, you understand, but her pranks were ... imaginative and quite messy.”

He chuckled, imagining Abby as a young girl, chasing off a persistent suitor. “Why are you telling me all this?”

“Because, like Matthew, you love her, but where Matthew persevered and got his woman, you’re giving up.”

Caleb shook his head and stood. “She told me she prayed she was barren so she didn’t have to bear my children. I believe that tells us all we need to know about her feelings.”

To his credit, Archie winced. “She said cruel things to Matthew, too.” He shook his head. “Let’s get Benjamin Hartford dealt with. He’ll be easier to manage than your wife.”


“Mr. Walsh is very handsome. I think you should stay married.”

“I don’t want to be married. I want to be left alone.” Jane tugged at her hair as she set another curl in pins. She grimaced, but let her cousin play. She and Caleb would be meeting with the judge in a few short hours, and she needed to look her best.

“Besides, you kicked his knee. I thought you didn’t like Caleb.”

“I’m mad because he treated you badly. Imagine, chasing you all the way to Pueblo! It was hard enough to believe your letters when you told us about him.” She pinned up another curl.

That hadn’t been the only thing Caleb had done, but Abby was glad she hadn’t shared the more salubrious details with her cousin. Jane would have been scandalized, and would have told Archie, who would have promptly beaten Caleb to a pulp.

She needed him healthy long enough to deal with Benjamin. After that, he could do as he wished. Once her hair was dressed to Jane’s liking, they went downstairs to have lunch. To her surprise, Archie and Caleb waited in the parlor. They both stood as the ladies entered.

“I’m afraid Jane and I won’t be able to join you for lunch. We have to visit a sick neighbor, but we’ll return before we have to leave for the courthouse.”

Abby narrowed her eyes at Jane, catching her guilty flush as she took her husband’s hand. “I’d almost forgotten, dear. I hope you don’t mind.”

“No, of course not. I hope it’s nothing serious.”

Archie pulled Jane from the room, leaving her alone with Caleb. Shaking her head, she said, “We can eat in the kitchen. I’m sure Jane left something.”

“Archie recommended a restaurant down the street. I would be happy to take you out if you’d rather. It would save you the trouble of cleaning up, to boot.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.