Dun and Dusted, Part I;  Book 7 of  Poacher's Progress . - Cover

Dun and Dusted, Part I; Book 7 of Poacher's Progress .

Copyright© 2019 by Jack Green

Chapter 3: Journey’s End

Terminus of the Kennet and Avon Canal. May 7th 1832

“Ja, ja, ja, ja – jetzt, JETZT -- aarrghh.” Gerda howled in ecstasy as another orgasm savaged her. There was a moment of deafening silence before she spoke again, this time in a much quieter and huskier tone of voice. “Mein Gott, Humphrey, das war wundervoll, fantastisch.”

Mimi raised herself on her elbow and regarded me with a frown on her brow. “Sometimes I wish you had not given Humphrey any of Professor Potter’s potion. Gerda’s screams will wake up the children.”

“I would think that will be the third, and last, climax for her tonight. Even with Professor Potter’s assistance Humphrey will have trouble coming up to scratch. He is at least twenty years older than Gerda,” I said.

“I told Gerda that mature men need time to recuperate, even those only ten years older than their galloping companion.” Mimi replied, and then kissed me, her tongue slipping into my mouth and sliding over mine.

“And anyway,” I said, after a delicious interval of tasting tongue, “the girls are able to sleep soundly through even the shrieking of a bevy of banshees – think of the noise you were making earlier.”
Mimi snuggled down alongside me. “True; and now, after giving you time to regain your strength, shall we test your hypothesis regarding shrieking banshees and sleeping children?”


We had travelled the length of the Kennet and Avon Canal, and were now moored at Newbury on the River Kennet. Next morning the barges would follow the river to its confluence with the Thames at Reading, and then continue down the Thames to Brentford Lock – which I estimated would be reached in three days’ time – where the party would disembark and go their separate ways.
Brentford was a village I knew well, it was where The Bell Inn -- the assignation venue for Amy Fairfax and I -- was situated. It was in the stables of that tavern I galloped the black haired maid whose name I never learned.
I decided not to tell Mimi of my association with Brentford.

The barges had remained overnight at Hungerford the previous day, and Mimi and I visited the ruins of Hungerford Hall.
Twelve years of vegetation had given the formerly stark outline of the ruined building a certain rustic charm. Mimi squeezed my hand as I stood, eyes watering, viewing what had once been my home but then had become my family’s death chamber.
Later that night Mimi held me close and nursed me as if I were a babe – a simple act of compassion and comfort that reinforced my love and adoration for her.


During our voyage down the Thames the barges paused for an hour at Marlow, where I purchased two half-firkins of Old Peculiar from The Three Horseshoes Inn. I donated one to the inhabitants of ‘t’other barge’, as Corporal Truman had called the vessel, and shared the other with the bargees of my boat and Humphrey and Gerda.
Thanks to Professor Potter’s potion, the pair’s love life had returned to full, frequent, and noisy, bloom. I felt sure that once back in London it would not be long before Gerda would be Humphrey Appleby’s ‘housekeeper’ in Pimlico, and companion in lust at XTC’s Brighton Pleasure Dome.

Brentford Lock. May 10th May 1832

Before bidding farewell to Lieutenant Graveny’s troop of the 4th Light Dragoons I shook each man’s hand, and exchanged a few words with Thomas Graveney, Colin Cowdray, Bryan Statham, and Fred Truman.
I determined to send a letter to Colonel Jardine, the Commanding Officer of the regiment, suggesting Corporal Truman be promoted to Sergeant for his sterling work at Tewksbury Abbey. I would also be reporting favourably on the conduct of Captain Botham and Lieutenant Graveny, and their respective Troops, to Horse Guards.
Graveny’s Troop was to remain billeted in Brentford until orders arrived for their next deployment. Happily, Janine planned to stay in Brentford until the troop departed. I imagined there would be much consumption of hairy pie until then.

Gerda and Humphrey left Brentford Lock for Pimlico, although Gerda would have to report to Kensington Palace before giving in her notice.
Mimi I and the twins would also be at the palace the following morning to collect Claudette. I had no idea what the situation was vis à vis her and Callum. He was a serving officer of His Majesty’s army, and would need to report to Horse Guards and give a full account, at least an almost full account, of his actions since joining the Royal Progress at Clifton Grange. I too would need to give an account of the Royal Progress, and the poisoning of Princess Alexandrina. Once those reports were written, delivered, and then deliberated upon by my superiors, I would be free to return to Grantham.


Kensington Palace. May 11th 1832

“I am so glad you have brought the twins, Mimi,” The Duchess of Kent said. “I thought they may have been too tired after all the excitement of the travelling.”

“Mollie and Caroline were eager to see Princess Alexandrina,” Mimi said. “As I and Jacques are of course.”
The duchess smiled and then turned to Baroness Lehzen. “Show Mimi and the girls to the Nursery please, Louise. I will join you later after I have spoken to Sir Elijah.”
Mimi gave me a surprised look, to which I returned a shrug of my shoulders. I had no idea why the duchess would want to talk to me alone. Surely, she was not going to seduce me.
The duchess sat in a armchair and motioned for me to sit. I chose an equally comfortable looking chair and sat, looking expectantly, if a trifle apprehensively, at her.

“I first must congratulate you on the high standard of your staff, well of Ma’mselle Pascal, who exceeded all my expectation, both as my maid and as Princess Alexandrina’s nurse maid.” She said.

“We consider Claudette a member of the family, Your Royal Highness.”

“Victoria, when in private, Jack. Your friend Captain Keane was also a welcome addition to my household, however temporary.”

“I owe my life to Callum Keane’s expertise with plants and herbs, Victoria.”

“Were you aware that he and Claudette have a ‘relationship’?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.