Saving the Coven Royals  - Book 4 - Cover

Saving the Coven Royals - Book 4

Copyright© 2019 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 15: Life and Death

My Lord, the ships queueing at the gate are moving aside, we have priority permission to pass through. The Collective people at the gate have informed the hospital. You will be given an escort on the other side. Ten seconds to gate entry.“ The pilot informed Jason.

They went through the gate at full speed and emerged with Charassa in sight in the distance. The pilot punched a button on the hologram and handed control to the ground. Two fighters moved to escort them. The shuttle jumped to just above the hospital. Jason saw the roof open and seconds later he was standing next to a physician. The doctor was in beetle form.

Jason told him briefly what happened.

“My Lord, please hand me your spatial ring,” the doctor said firmly, “time is of the essence!”

Jason handed over the ring which the doctor inserted into a pod and closed the lid. He spoke to Jason telepathically.

“My name is Dr Mergan Drogart. It is a great honor to meet you my Lord, and I hope I may be of service to the young lady. My specialty is weapons injuries. Can you show me the weapon?”

Jason took both weapons out of the bag and handed them to the doctor.

“The pod is undertaking diagnostic procedures and is also making sure her life force is supported. This is a devastating weapon and is set on high power and is very much more powerful than the tiny finger weapon that struck you. I am taking the weapon away to test it to ensure that my first impression is correct,” Dr. Drogart commented before turning and scuttling out of the door and up the passageway.

Jason felt his communicator buzz and saw Brecht Chatzke in his heads-up display.

“Jason I’m sorry to hear what is happened. I’m very fond of that young lady of yours. Philippa and her sisters will be with you shortly. We will do whatever we can. Please join me for dinner, my daughters were already invited.”

“I am so distressed I can hardly think. I am relieved Razza was still alive when we got here. It should’ve been me in that pod, she saved my life. I will tell you the story at dinner. Thank you so much for calling. The doctor is testing the weapon but the injuries are going to be horrible. Thank heavens for the gate. We got here so quickly.” Jason said.

“Jason, we have all of her DNA data and I’m sure the pod is doing a brain backup. We will sort her out one way or another. My secretary says that the doctor is trying to get through to speak to me. The girls will be there to support you soon. I will see you later,” said Brecht Chatzke.

Jason contacted Beth and told her what happened.

“The Empress contacted me directly after you spoke to her, Jason. We are watching Abel and Etta closely. If I was in Satora’s shoes I would accelerate the agenda if I could. He knows he is in deep trouble and time has run out for him!” Beth stated flatly. “He knows you got away.”

“Jason please concentrate on looking after Razza. The Empress alerted the Empire fleet and yours as backup to the operation tonight. The Empire marines are not going to be available to meet our accelerated timeline, so your marines will take their place. The Emperor was apoplectic as his senior officers took themselves off to a team building retreat and are not contactable. I suspect if they still have jobs, their next duty will be on an arctic world. We are briefing General Janet Malone as we speak. Ouma Chatzke’s fleet is due in five minutes.

“I will let you know what happens, but I must go now. We are getting ready for the assault but we are waiting for the cockroaches to arrive. Thank you for keeping me informed,” said Beth.

Fifteen interminable minutes later Dr. Drogart returned.

“The weapon is exactly what I thought it was, My Lord. The pod has confirmed the injuries are severe and widespread. A full body rebuild is strongly recommended. Ouma Chatzke has authorized us to proceed with maximal enhancements!” Dr. Drogart remarked.

Philippa and her two sisters ran into the room and hugged and kissed Jason. Jason kissed Philippa passionately. Philippa then moved to his side still holding him with her right arm.

“I am so pleased to see all of you!” Jason said tearfully. He and the women turned to face the doctor.

“My Queen, My Lord, Princesses, the situation with the young Razza Croft is grave. The Prime Minister has given the authorization for a full body rebuild with augmentations. This as you know will take at least a week to ten days and then she will need a week of rehabilitation. We have made a full, up to date, brain backup which we will be able to utilize. The quality of this backup is outstanding as she was immediately placed in stasis and was in stasis for less than an hour before getting here so there was no cerebral degradation. She will recover all her memories, except perhaps the last half an hour.

“My Lord, I am delighted to say that we have progressed significantly since your rebuild. Your idea of putting the entire AI in another dimension was a stroke of genius, to give it capacities for physiological enhancement is extraordinary and to add in powers was beyond our imagination. We now no longer place AI components into the body. We have developed a new generation of crystals that improve on the older generations we have seen. We have taken the ideas and are working to further improve on them. After the attack on Charassa we did more total body rebuilds than we have ever done before. This provided us with extensive experience quickly. As we had done in your case, we will invite a Collective wide competitive process for augmentations. We are delighted to have the opportunity to assist. My Lord and ladies, I shall communicate with you when Razza Croft is ready to be woken. Plan on ten days rather than seven,” said Dr. Drogart who then rapidly turned around. He left the room so quickly his claws could be heard scratching for purchase on the smooth floor as he tried to turn and scuttle down the wide hospital corridor.

“Come Jason, we will take you home first, you can relax and then we will go for dinner tonight with my mother.” Philippa said beginning to lead Jason out of the room with Kram firmly holding his other arm. Zanta followed close behind but had her hand on Jason’s shoulder. Jason welcomed the warmth.

They stepped out of the portal in the basement of the estate on Nobatia, walked up the stairs in formation and entered the familiar beautiful library. Jason looked absently out at the beautiful gardens.

“My Lord I am very sorry to hear of this terrible news,” said Mazzod the butler and factotum on the estate. My mother will be through shortly with a tray of refreshments and snacks. Would My Lord like to use the refresher first and change into fresh clothes? I am sure your casual clothes will be more, comfortable.”

“Thank you Mazzod, it is a pleasure to see you and I look forward to seeing your Merken again. I will, indeed, take you up on your offer; a few moments in the refresher followed by a change of clothing will be of great help. How are you keeping?” Jason asked.

“Thanks to you, my Lord, we are keeping very well. No damage from the attack on Nobatia remains visible. My mother will be delighted to see you. She has a particular affection for you my Lord, but I fear she has had another vision that involves you,” replied Mazzod.

“I have a particular affection for her as well, Mazzod. There are not many of us who are visionaries and I can only see less than a day ahead. Your mother’s visions are truly amazing and I shall look forward to meeting her again. I will be back shortly,” said Jason.

Jason returned twenty minutes later freshly groomed and in his comfortable jeans and a flannel shirt. A few moments later Merken, Mazzod’s mother, entered the room carrying a very large tray with drinks. She beamed at Jason. He strolled over to her, picked up the tray and put it on the table then gave her a hug.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.