Saving the Coven Royals  - Book 4 - Cover

Saving the Coven Royals - Book 4

Copyright© 2019 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 8: University

“If you’re going through a rough time, keep going until you reach the end. If you’re going through hell, keep going.”

– Winston Churchill

“Hi Razza, I’ve hardly seen you guys for the last few days I’ve been so busy, I’m terribly sorry. What have you been doing?” Jason asked as they walked along on campus towards the information technology laboratory to speak to the professor.

“We had a great time traveling around with your daughter and grandchildren. We all found Chuck and Chloe very amusing. They are the first human children we have encountered. Children and grubs are much more similar than I ever expected. Chuck was very disappointed to find that the space station belonged to the bugs and was being used to construct the ship transportation portal.

“We spent a day shopping in the real Paris and one in London. I think in many ways the reproductions are better, they are certainly much cleaner and easier to get around. People are clustered like cattle in the tubes and the smell is a bit like some of the old cockroach food.

“We spent some time talking to the Parzool, the first evening, and on the second we talked to the Orcs and to the Warriors of the Apocalypse. I don’t know what I expected, but they were easy-going and pleasant people and very stimulating to talk to. They know a lot about travel between universes and quite a lot about several of the different universes.

“I learned something pretty interesting. They told me that no one seems to have been able to connect to unlimited universes, because the pathways to an alternative universe are through trans-dimensional gates. They have all worked out similar methods of doing so and they told us that the mathematics tends to converge on a number of fundamental principles that they call rules of the dimensions and the universes. They say that these appear to be rules of the multiverse. They said that the dimensions are common mathematically to both our universe and the other universe and that is how we get through, but they all believe that there are other universes where we do not have pathways to get through. They know of many groups who have tried ascensions and only discovered very bleak universes, but none of them believe that the insects are fatter in another universe.” Razza said as they entered the department and join the others in the group waiting for the professor in his waiting room. “They believe the ascension as offered to societies and species is mostly a trap by advanced societies for unknown reasons,” said Razza.

“Sorry guys I need to change the subject. We are going to see your Aunt after this Jason, what is that about?” Julia asked.

“I don’t know, she said that I should wait and see. I will find out when you all find out,” Jason said.

***

They met with the Empress Alana in her role as Chancellor.

“Tomorrow morning, you do your last laboratory in information technology. I have talked to all of your professors and I feel that there is little for you to gain further at this university until after it restructures. There is no doubt that the project that you are going to undertake is of considerable importance and value to the Empire. Your professor underestimates you guys and I do not think he realizes what you can do. I hope the Empire Intelligence will get a lot out of this project and our police will catch them in their criminal activities. The issues are very clear to all of us but catching them has been impossible. Cassius has told me about his and Porquenta’s briefing of intelligence. We have them deeply involved and supporting you in the investigation of Empire AI and Computing Systems CC. They changed their name from something else recently. There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that you are going to be involved in a very dangerous project. There are strong vested interests and all of you are going to be in danger. There is no shame withdrawing if any of you wish to do so.

“I wish to briefly mention what I’m thinking of, for all of you to do next. You may recall my good friend the professor of anthropology Nora De Beer. She comes from a people called the Azayal. She says that they are very advanced people, who have a warlike nature, yet live simply. They are an ancient people, not quite as old as your people Jason, but she suggests that you all might enjoy the stimulation of learning at one of their universities or another educational institution. She will take you all if you wish to have a look, after you have finished the current project, and you can spend a year or two with them or even longer and finish your studies with them.

“She explained they have the most advanced martial arts of any group that she has ever seen and believes learning the Azayal way and having the ability to change form is a boon. They have some very interesting training and she is of the view all of you will benefit from learning the Azayal way. She also tells us you will not lose time while you are away. Time progresses differently where her people live. She believes you would all learn way more about the waging of war from the Azayal, than any of you may expect. She says that they have developed technologies that she has not seen any other group develop and they are ahead of the Collective in several areas,” said Alana before continuing.

“Now back to Empire AI and Computing Systems CC and their activities. The company as you may know is owned by Jason. Our intelligence went through the company and we purged many from the company, all of whom were sent to Porquenta for rehabilitation and Temple building. The company was instructed to tighten their programs as too many people were penetrating our borders. Despite many promises they were not helpful to us in tracking those who had penetrated our security. They were singularly unhelpful to us in finding how those spies that we identified got through the systems. Jason your intelligence division, tell us Papa Zora and his cohorts were actively involved in people trafficking. There are rumors Empire AI and Computing Systems CC is very much involved in the same activity. Abel Satora has worked for the company for a long time. He is regarded as a charming but a very dangerous venomous creature. He slipped through our security.

“We know they will not remedy the AI and programming issues anytime soon and they are passively obstructing us. They are intricately entwined with many of our government departments and the only way to deal with this problem is to clean them up from within.

“We had previously sent in a student group to attempt the same as you are trying. They were far less competent and didn’t get the job done. They complained that they did not have enough access to the system. This was not remedied during the time that they were at the company, despite every effort made by the University. The company appears to be cooperative and they ask to have students, but I suspect that they are only using the students as a cover and they recruit students who suit their purposes. The University students, competing projects, attend at the client workplace either in the morning or in the afternoon. They usually have a program of other workshops and lectures to attend at the other times. The project is intended to run for three months. That will effectively take you to the end of this academic year. My suspicions are it will all blow up long before three months.

“The professors in all the other areas will allow you to test out. As you have already been tested in mathematics and physics there is nothing you need to do in those area. You will need to be examined in your engineering subjects. This project is your final examination in information technology. Your electronics examination will take place tomorrow morning in the room adjacent to the laboratory, while your compatriots continue with their work. Only the professor of engineering knows you are testing out of the subjects. What we propose doing is you spend time with the intelligence groups during the time that would have been otherwise occupied by the University. If someone hacks into the University or there is an existing spy, they will follow a trail that suggests you are continuing with your University work during times you are not at the company. The intelligence people intend to teach you everything they know about cyberwarfare. I guarantee you will all learn a considerable amount about intelligence and the techniques that are used to extract information from unwilling parties.

“I am happy to take questions from you in relation to the computer project. Nora De Beer will talk to you later and answer any questions that you have about the Azayal experience.” Empress Alana said and sat back.

Jason started his morning routine as usual, taking the dogs for a run along with Aylot, the boar. Aylot easily kept up and enjoyed the exercise. He indicated to Jason that he was very happy and the boars were very happy to have been praised for their fighting in the recent battle. He informed Jason he had been spending time with Greb the trainer and several of the Orcs. They were looking at how they could amend their tactics in future engagements particularly against the Dhoom and their new generation of shields and weaponry.

Aylot also indicated to Jason that Porquenta had built many mud holes for the boars to enjoy while they were on Porquenta, so that they could feel at home. He showed Jason picture after picture of one mud-hole after the other indicating the features of each. Jason laughed.

He and his group did their usual workouts followed by sparring in insect form. They revised the electronics curriculum on their cubes. They were all well into postgraduate realms, particularly after they worked on the ship while continuing to progress further in their studies every night.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.