The Bootlegger
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2019 by MysteryWriter

I had made the delivery of unprocessed product to the distributor, and I had our talk with the Doctor. Our share of the product was all in the glass jars and ready for to be put in the Old barn. The old barn’s hay loft was accessed only by a ladder, which was also a tool of my landscape business. The point was that it was nearing Christmas, so there was some down time ahead.

Lucy, and Lorrie removed some cash for one of our stashes and went shopping. They bought a bunch of presents for their family up in the Holler. I had planned for Lucy to negotiate with Amos, so the timing was perfect. We wanted to sell product to the nurse, and possibly others that she sent us, but those customers should not effect Amos’s sales at all.

Part of the new push for rural connections to the internet, had been to create WIFI hot spots in all the community centers and public buildings. The new free WIFI was restricted only to building with space for at least a couple of people at a time to stop and check their email. With that came the need for small pads, notebooks, laptops, and cell phones. Those were the things the girls bought with their new found cash. They bought the presents at different places. I think the two of them enjoyed the game of spending their money, as much as in the results. Since the money had no value hidden in the walls of a farm building, or inside an old public storage building, or in one of the other places where we hid it, it was like spending found money. It was a real treat for the two young women.

They dressed well for their shopping trips before their final trip back to the holler. Since the landscape business had a history of over five years, and had fake accounts to prove it operated in the black. I had opened a fake bank account. That account was filled with clean money. The deposits there were from a few commercial accounts, some drug money from non existent cash customers, and some money from the 2nd chance store. Even Trina didn’t know how she fit into my money cleaning.

There were no cameras in the store, so Lucy had befriended a black woman. The black woman’s job was to go into the shop, and buy items with my stickers on them. She used cash that I provided. The reason Lucy picked her was that she had a booths in a couple of the flea markets. She got to keep the items she purchased. I received clean money from Trina. The items were from estate clearances, so I had nothing in them at all. The only hang up was I couldn’t clean a lot of money that way.

It would look suspicious, if Trina’s income went up suddenly. That was also the reason I didn’t let her deal drugs. I wanted her reputation to be pristine, the same was true of the flea market seller. The life of a simple grower was not easy, I assure you.

When the day came for the sisters to return to the Holler, I rented them a car with the company credit card. It was a hundred bucks of clean money, but I was going to find a way to write it off as a business expense. They left the farm in a very good mood. They were looking forward to their family visit, and even to impressing everyone with their gifts. Clothes for the grownups and electronic toys for the kids. Most of the cabins had some type of solar arrays at least to charge batteries.

The same night that they left, I went to the 2nd chance store to take Trina to dinner. I didn’t know that she had invited Ester to join us. I had no idea what they planned, but after a nice dinner the three of us drove back to Trina’s house in separate cars. There we smoked, and had very interesting sex. Honestly I was still on the sunny side of thirty five, but I couldn’t keep up. Ester teased me by saying next time she was going to invite some of her patients, which meant some of my clients as well.

“As long as you introduce me as the man who does Trina’s yard work. I don’t see any problem with it, but don’t count on me to joining in anything like that on a regular basis,” I explained. I didn’t expect it to ever happen again.

I was glad to see that Ester had been more relaxed than usual at the tryst. She even seemed to enjoy it. I stayed away from the alcohol, and I had only one bowl of my product. The other two used lots of both. I left them sleeping as the sun rose.

So the girls had their Christmas celebration, and so did I. When Lucy came home the news was simple. She agreed that we would not hijack any of Amos’s customers, and he agreed not to fuck with our medical trade sales. I had a few estate clearances to handle, but nothing of any consequence happened during the winter months except for an ice storm. That storm lasted two days and took down a lot of tree limbs.

I left the fallen trees to someone else, but I did clear yards of the limbs for a fee. The two ladies jumped right in and helped me clean yards. It was still slow work, but we eventually took care of the limbs. After cleaning and hauling for a month I realized it was time to purchase a log splitter.

I was still clearing limbs and carrying a pocket full of cash after two months. I was still expecting one of my two Makita chain saws to give up. I sawed the limbs and the two girls loaded them. By the end of the first month, I had cleared the yards of all my summer lawn maintenance customers. Then in the second month, I began working on the yards of those who made phone calls. By the end of the second month I was pretty much finished with all the yards of the callers as well.

I finally had time to search for that log splitter. Since I didn’t know shit about hydraulic equipment, I went with a new name brand model. I cost me five hundred bucks, but I used dirty cash for the purchase, and kept the receipt for the bookkeeper. I had the twenty odd acres behind the new chicken house/barn to use for storing the wood. I stored it there until I could get it broken up for the wood stoves.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.