The Bootlegger
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2019 by MysteryWriter

While I driving home from the park, I tried to come up with something. The options were few. If he could be reasoned with, it would make the whole thing easier. If he couldn’t be reasoned with, then the options weren’t good at all. Putting the good doctor in the ground to join Jarrett in the long sleep was an option, but it wasn’t one I wanted to even consider using.

There had to be a middle of the road somewhere. I talked it over with Lucy. The first decision we made was to keep her kid sister out of it. The decision had to be made and implemented by Lucy and me.

“The first thing we need to do is decide on what to do, then how to do it,” Lucy suggested. “We always knew it would come to this one day. We don’t need any more money laying around getting moldy. But we are helping a lot of people. Is the good we are doing worth the shit storm that we might be bringing onto ourselves?”

“Are you sure that you are human. Those are the things that are going through my mind. I really don’t want to continue, if these are the new realities. We will just be working for someone else again, if we bend over and spread for this prick. So that is out of the fucking question.” I said positively.

“We need to get the nurse clear of it all,” Lucy said. “To do that we need to bring back your dangerous friend, who is the bad guy. How is your play acting.”

“Not bad, but I need some idea of what we are going to do. In other words a good scenario. So do you know someone who can make us a good ten second video?” I asked.

“Lorrie is into all that social media and computer shit. She will know someone,” Lucy suggested.

It turned out to be easier than I thought. I used the information provided by Ester to watch the doctor’s family. I shot some video of them getting into their car in the mornings using Lorrie’s smart phone. I shot it three times before I had what I wanted.

Lorrie’s video man made the Video for me. With some luck the good doctor would check his arrogance long enough to realize there was nothing he could do to stop evil men fucking with him. It took some preparation, but anything was possible with enough dirty money in play.

I bought a 50cc used moped. I had no use for it after the one job, but it was a necessary part of that job. So as long as it would run that one night, I was good with it. I also went on line and bought a full face black motor cycle helmet. I bought that just in case there was a security camera on the doctor’s house, which I expected there would be.

The culmination of all our planning would come when I confronted him. It took two weeks to get everything together, when it was all in place, I had Ester call me when the doctor left his office. It wasn’t unusual for it to be almost 7PM when he left the office. When he drove out of the parking lot Ester made the call to my burner phone.

I left the moped chained it to the post of a stop sign, at the end of a commercial drive a couple of blocks away. I walked away from the moped headed exactly three long blocks to the Doctor’s home. I had worked out the plan and decided all the details a week before. I hid in the wooded area around his drive way.

The privacy screen cut both ways. They were shielded from the noise of the busy residential street, but it also gave me a place to hide. I knew from my surveillance of the not so good Doctor, that he opened the garage from inside the car, then drove directly into the garage, before closing the door from his car.

It was just a matter of timing to get inside the garage while he was pulling in. I had to move quickly but I manage. I put the recently acquired, but still old, .38 special revolver to his head, before he was clear of the car door. Not having been involved with the criminal element previously, he shut down due to shock.

I didn’t remove the helmet and, only spoke when it suited me. He was trying to bargain with me. That usually happens, when a man of means was facing a death sentence from a criminal thug.

“Shut the fuck up. I am bringing you a message from the man who was good enough to provide relief for some of your patients. You do not make demands on him. You do not threaten him with the cops. He is not the kind of man to let your threat go unanswered. I played the video of his wife and two kids getting in their car. Then with out warning stock footage of a bomb blast was shown.

“That happens the very next time you threaten us, or if the cops come looking at us. It doesn’t matter who gives us up, we will destroy anyone who might have done it. No matter who the snitch is, you all will die. Do you fucking understand me?” I asked.

He nodded his head it wasn’t good enough. I broke his collar bone with the 4” barrel of the heavy pistol. “I didn’t fucking hear you,” I said.

“I understand,” he said almost in tears.

“You sure are clumsy for a Doctor,” I said. “You need to have that looked at.” I turned to the garage walk in/out door. I walked away from the house using a circular path back to the Moped. I rode the Moped through the residential streets until I reached the county road which led me home. I parked the scooter in my grandpa’s rebuilt barn.

The burn barrel was busy again, since I burned the pants and jacket I had worn that night. At least I didn’t have to walk naked into the barn that time.

When I had calmed down sufficiently, I called Ester. “I’m sorry the boss has decided to discontinue our relationship. I think he has sent someone to convince the Doctor that he didn’t want to rock the boat, but your people have proved to be undependable.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.