The Walk of Life - Cover

The Walk of Life

Copyright© 2019 by Arquillius

Epilogue to 1996 A.D. - Year one

Thunder echoed in the overcast sky as we drove towards Danielle’s house. I hadn’t remembered the thunder for the day, but a lot of things had already changed.

When Chloe and the others had approached Mother about dropping in on Danielle, she had been against it, telling the girls that a harlot like that had no place in their lives, and instead of spilling the beans, at first anyways, they used the bible against her. Mother was taken aback by them pointing out that Jesus Christ had kept around Mary Magdalene and they considered her a harlot by many. When she further protested, and asked why they would want to see the baby, I was the one who broke the silence and admitted the truth. I told her and Fawn, since they didn’t know, that I was the father, and explained how it had happened. Finally, Chloe gave her an ultimatum. Come with us, or she’d be spending the day at Epcot alone, with six extra unused tickets, because none of us would be staying.

With this new information, we forced Mother to relent, and now here we were, pulling up to the house. I was the first to get out of the car. I walked up to the house, with my sisters in tow. I rang the bell and Uncle Robert answered the door.

“Wow. Didn’t expect to see you with the whole gang in tow.” Uncle Robert said.

“Yeah, stuff sort of came out, and they know I’m the dad.” I said.

“Fine by me, Joshua. I’m sure Danielle would be happy to hear that.” Uncle Robert said.

He stepped aside and let us enter. I led the girls to the Livingroom where Danielle was sitting on the couch trying to calm a fussy little Joel. She didn’t notice us, until I walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“He doesn’t seem too happy.” I pointed out.

Danielle looked around and saw our sisters waiting nearby.

“Everyone is here?” Danielle asked.

She was in shock as the girls crowded around us, and she let Chloe take Joel. His little eyes seemed to light up by all this new attention. Danielle and I stepped away as Mother entered the room.

“Hi, Sweetie.” Mother said, trying to be nice.

“Go Fuck yourself.” Danielle said, before walking past her and into the kitchen.

I just chuckled and shook my head as I followed her.

“So what did you do to convince everyone to come?” Danielle asked as she grabbed a water from the fridge and turned towards me.

“Me?” I asked as she opened it up and began guzzling down the water. “I told them I was Joel’s father.”

If you have never been in front of a spit take, I do not suggest it. Water hit me in the face.

“You what?” She said in a hushed tone. “What else did you tell them?”

“Nothing.” I said back in the same tone.

“Good, I don’t know how much more we can expose.” Danielle said before staring behind me.

I turned around to see mother standing there with Joel in her arms. She had tears in her eyes. Something neither one of us expected. She walked up and pulled Danielle and I into a hug.

“I’m sorry.” She said. “Thank you for giving me such an adorable grandbaby.” She cried.

Both of us were in a bit of shock but went with it. We were certain she was up to something, as usual. Danielle and I knew better than to trust her.


The rest of the day involved us all, including Danielle, heading to Epcot. We took lots of pictures, including those of us with Joel. We spent the next day getting on the plane and saying goodbye. From there, things went as history recorded mostly. Mother didn’t give me much for Christmas, citing the trip cost so much. Chloe and Meagan knew better, but the others seemed indifferent. I missed Danielle and Joel after I got back to New York. I felt like I had grown attached to them in the short time we were together. But I guess that goes without saying.


This story will pick up in 1997 A.D. - Year Two; Thank you all for reading.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.