The Walk of Life - Cover

The Walk of Life

Copyright© 2019 by Arquillius

Chapter 16 - Good Advice Is Usually Given by Someone Who Was Once a Bad Example

I want to thank everyone who’s been commenting and mailing me edits and story thoughts so far. It’s great. I cannot express how wonderful it makes me feel that you all care about a story that I wrote so much that you want your voice to be heard. Thank you for that. Many of you may wonder what the end of the last chapter was all about. Trust me when I say the explanation is coming soon. The reason I added the tidbit of info, and yes, it actually happened, was because I kept getting asked by various readers why I didn’t make it an SWMS series. And if you start telling me that I did, that’s not incest, it’s masturbation, lol. But on a serious note, this little tidbit, which will be fully explained down the road, is the MAIN reason that it will never be an SWMS story. Thanks again.

December 18th 1996

When I awoke the next morning, I wasn’t greeted by Chloe with a cup of coffee. I guessed that I had said something to upset her the night before. Maybe it was the fact that I pointed out that one incident. Who knew? I got up and got cleaned up and changed before heading out for my morning exercise. While I was jogging down the road in the crisp air, thinking about what had transpired, Meagan caught up to me.

“Where’s Chloe? I thought she would’ve ran today.” Meagan said after I noticed her.

“Yeah, probably won’t anymore. She’s got some stuff she has to come to terms with.” I said. “My guess is that she will distance herself from me now.” I added.

“Why, what did you say?” Meagan asked.

“Nothing that you need to know about. And based on what I’ve seen in the future, she’s gonna try to deny it, or she’ll distance herself from it, and she will never accept it, and face it head on.” I pointed out. “She needs to accept it by herself and make herself a better person from it or she will probably doom herself to repeating her future.” I added.

“Holy shit. Josh, if you’re saying that, it must be a big deal. What the fuck did you say?” Meagan asked.

I slowed the two of us to a stop.

“I pointed out a past event that happened prior to me coming back.” I said.

“What was it?” Meagan insisted.

“It’s a bit of a long story, do you want to know, that bad?” I asked.

“Yes!” Meagan said.

“Last night, Chloe and I were in the hot tub, and she asked me about breaking it off with Heidy.” I explained.

“Okay and?” Meagan asked.

“She asked if I was just breaking it off, or if I was gay.” I said.

“And you told her you were breaking it off. Easy as that, right?” Meagan asked.

“Nope, I left that to her to decide, then asked if I was gonna fool around, and I told her I intended to.” I explained.

“Okay, so you confirmed that you were breaking it off for other reasons. I get that myself. So what happened next?” Meagan asked.

“She asked if I was a virgin.” I said.

“Of course not, anyone with half a brain could tell that you and Danielle hooked up before you officially met.” Meagan pointed out.

I laughed. I should’ve expected her to pick up on that.

“Wait, no one else figured that out?” Meagan asked.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.