The Walk of Life - Cover

The Walk of Life

Copyright© 2019 by Arquillius

Chapter 12 - The World Is Full of Obvious Things Which Nobody by Any Chance Ever Observes

Hey all, thanks for reading, I’m loving the feedback and the scores! I finished this one on the night of the 12th but it’ll be my last for a couple days. Hope y’all like the chapter!

After Danielle had calmed back down, we got up and started to get dressed. It had been over five hours since we had arrived at her house, and I needed to get back. As I was putting back on my shorts, Danielle just stared at me. I caught her out of the corner of my eye.

“What’s the matter? You thinking I should shower before going back?” I asked.

“No, it’s not that.” Danielle said.

I looked at her puzzled.

“I was just thinking you look better when you’re older.” She said.

Now I was even more puzzled. She walked over to me, back in her underwear.

“Long hair, glasses, goatee, fanboy shirt, same orange shorts, sneakers, a cane, and a cigarette looking thing in your mouth.” She said.

My eyes just about popped out of my head. She just described how I looked before I lost Annie. I turned towards Danielle and took a step back.

“How? How do you know about that? I haven’t even told Chloe or Meagan what I looked like.” I said, still trying to comprehend what she had just said.

“I can see it easily. The younger you is standing there, but, I can make out the features of the older you. I have been able to since we first met.” She said.

I tried to calm myself down for a moment.

“Are your parents here?” I asked.

“No, they won’t be back until late.” She said.

“Stand back.” I said.

She took a couple steps back.

GURI! I KNOW YOU’RE WATCHING, YOU ASSHOLE!“ I yelled trying to do my best imitation of Yusuke Urameshi and yelling right at the ceiling.

Danielle looked scared as I lowered my head, but even more so when Guri appeared before us looking like Tom Hiddleston in his Loki persona.

“You rang?” He asked with a smile.

WHAT THE FUCK?!“ Danielle cried out before grabbing the top sheet from her bed and trying to cover herself.

“Oh calm down.” Guri said. “You may turn on this one, but I’m not human.” Motioning to me when he said ‘this one’.

“She can see my adult form.” I said.

“Really?” He said sounding intrigued.

He turned towards her and walked over to her. He began checking her eyes much like a doctor would, pulling a little light out of thin air.

“Interesting, this is very interesting.” Guri said.

“What is?” I asked.

“She’s out of phase.” Guri said.

“Explain.” I said in my usual asshole tone from when I was an adult.

He turned towards me. He walked over to me.

“She exists both in time and out of time.” He said.

“What does that mean?” Danielle asked.

“It means,” Guri said turning towards her. “You shouldn’t exist.” He said.

“What? Why?” She asked.

He prompted her to open her mouth and he looked in her mouth.

“Oh that is nasty, gargle after doing that with a guy.” He said with a sarcastic tone.

He continued looking down her throat, then moved to her ears, then looked back into her eyes with the flashlight.

“You are a bona fide anomaly young lady.” Guri said.

“What does any of that mean?” Danielle asked.

“You shouldn’t exist.” He said again.

“I heard that, but tell me, first who the hell are you and then why shouldn’t I exist.” Danielle asked.

“I’m Guri. I’m the being that sent your boyfriend here back to his younger body.” Guri explained.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” Danielle said.

“Sure.” Guri said sarcastically with an eye roll. “As for why you shouldn’t exist, you are an anomaly.”

Danielle let out a muffled exasperated scream.

“Okay, in human terms. You should not exist. You are not part of our equations. You were not meant to be in this timeline, which is odd because all we did was put him back in time.” Guri said.

“Are you saying I shouldn’t be pregnant? That Joshua and I were never supposed to meet?” Danielle asked.

Guri reached down and touched her stomach. He pulled back his hand.

“What?” Danielle asked.

“He kicked, it surprised me.” Guri said. “I’ve never been kicked before.”

“He does that.” Danielle said.

He placed his hand on her stomach again.

“Interesting. What do you know about your life?” Guri asked.

“What do you mean? I grew up here in Kissimmee. I’ve lived here all my life. I got pregnant almost nine months ago with an asshole’s baby. I dropped out of school and have been working two part time jobs to save up enough for the baby.” Danielle said.

“Interesting.” Guri said before putting away the flash light and feeling her forehead. “I must look into this for you, and I’ll get back to the two of you. For now, Joshua, I will ask you to hang around her. Just for the next day or so.”

She gave me a smirk.

“I think we can arrange that.” She said.

“Good.” Guri said. “Oh, I almost forgot.” He said.

He snapped his fingers and not only was I suddenly dressed but I had my favorite orange hoodie on.

“There ya go kid. Couldn’t swing the computer but the hoodie should be innocuous enough.” Guri said before vanishing.

“Well, have to say, I like the hoodie. Orange works on you.” Danielle said.

“Thanks. But how are we going to explain this. I mean I doubt your parents would like a fourteen-year-old hanging around their pregnant eighteen-year-old daughter.” I pointed out.

“They won’t care.” Danielle said.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“They both work late into the night. They work at a bank, so long hours.” She said as she sauntered up to me. “Besides, I think we can find something to do to.” She said as she ran her finger down my shirt to my shorts.

I gulped.

A few hours later, Danielle got a few inches from my face. I was covered in sweat, and my whole body was shaking.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.