Tara: 5. Boas
Chapter 17

Copyright© 2019 by Kris Me

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 17 - Serpin lay along the branch enjoying the warmth of the morning sun. The smell of the storm was still fresh in the air. Looking down she spied the strange little craft. The smell caught her attention, curiosity got the better of her and she had to go look. Her mother had often warned her that her curiosity would get her into trouble one day. Serpin's life was about to change.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Ma/Ma   Mult   Consensual   Mind Control   BiSexual   Hermaphrodite   Fiction   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Sharing   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Anal Sex   Double Penetration   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Pregnancy   Size   Slow  

Collin held up the Sword and looking along the blade, he watched the Cuttails dance.

He was tickled. It was if they were leaping over each other to get off the sword. If you looked at one face, a head appeared. The eyes seemed to stare into your soul and even he shivered at the intensity in them. “Sampson, I swear you leapt from my mind into the sword,” he muttered.

“Who is Sampson?” a male voice asked him.

Collin started and swung around. The sword was pointing at the man’s heart in less than a heartbeat, the tip only centimetres from it. Collin looked at the man. He was very tall, slim of hip and wide of shoulders but not of a bulky build. The mop of tight dark curly hair was unusual for a Granteli, as were the dark blue eyes and the dusty skin.

The man radiated magic like a beacon and the sword seemed to hum in pleasure at being near him. Collin pulled the sword back and presented it to the man across his palms. “Look for yourself,” he replied.

The man stepped forward and looked at the blade. Collin grinned as the man’s expressions changed from curious interest to astonishment. The man started as the Cuttail’s eyes gleamed at him. “You made this?” the man said in awe.

“I did,” Collin stated. “It is for Lord Wizard Trae of Cuttail Island. I think he will like it. So, who are you?”

The man gave Collin a lopsided grin that Collin was sure had disarmed many an unsuspecting maid and many males as well. The twinkle in his eyes displayed his amusement. The man bowed slightly and said, “Darcy Dibir at your service. Some call me Lord Lightning.”

“How may I assist you, Lord Lightning? I’m quite sure it is not to be tested for your magical abilities,” Collin replied with a quirked eyebrow.

Darcy chuckled. “No, your device seems to get confused when I go near it, it flicks through all the colours and then just glows white.”

“So, you were a Shield, but you have gone past just that designation,” Collin replied.

Darcy was surprised, “Yes, so it seems that it does work after all. When I first received magical items, I was designated as a Shield.”

“But you were never an ordinary Shield, were you? Are you aware that Regent Ayden would like to meet with you?” Collin asked.

“How do you know? Ah, of course, your vambrace works similar to mine. They can be rather indiscrete about sharing information between themselves unless you specifically tell them not to. It seems that the vambraces here have finally connected to the ones on my Island.”

“Yes, and to the ones on mine,” said Trae who appeared beside Collin.

Darcy smiled at the new man, he had noticed that Collin hadn’t started at his arrival and guessed that he’d called Trae. “G’day, I have been meaning to come and see you. Sorry for my tardiness, but I have a policy of not interfering with my Lords until my assistance is required and I have been rather busy of late.”

Trae and Collin both frowned. Collin said as he placed the sword on the bench, “I’m not a Lord Wizard; I’m just the Guild Lord here.”

“No, Collin, you too are more than you seem. I must say, I’m impressed with both of you. Neither of you have had a good start to life but both have retained your humanity. We are kindred souls, as I too didn’t have a lot of choices in my youth. I shall be pleased to have both of you as my Lords.”

“The problem I have is that you have selected gems for yours and Trae’s Queens that I don’t have. We thought that I was limited to six since the designer of the vambrace was of the Pix race. However, I am sure that you are both Lord Wizard’s under my rule.”

“I’m what we call an Overlord. My position is between that of a Queen and an Empress. I can rule the Lord Wizards if I don’t have their Queens in place,” he said and showed them his vambrace. “I was under the impression that each gem represented one of my Queens.”

Collin looked at the gems carefully. He went and got a small piece of Quaz crystal and had it shine a fine beam of light on them. After a few moments he grinned, “Darcy, that agate is cut as a Cuttail’s Eye, so you do have Trae and Cuttail Island covered. I get the impression that the black opal represents Dog Island.”

“Yes, I believe it does too. I have a symbol in my medallion with a dogs head,” Darcy answered.

Collin nodded as he examined the other gems more closely. “So, I think that the blood red beryl belongs to Ant Island and the black diamond is Eagle Island’s gem. The amethyst is rather special and not a true one as it has other minerals mixed in. See, it has those odd blue and green facets. I collected some gemstones just like it when I went to our mine.”

Both Trae and Darcy had to look, and they agreed with Collin that it was an unusual gem for an amethyst.

“I get the impression that the amethyst represents the other islands like Wolf, Flicker, Gull, Camla and Orange Island. Yes, that seems correct to me. The benitoite doesn’t represent any island’s Queen. Darcy, it is your personal power gem. So, all that you are missing is a black pearl for Boa Island if you can have six Queens.”

Darcy looked at Collin with shock and then relief. “Thank you, Collin. It had me very worried when I heard that Ayden and Jasmine had black pearls on their swords and dirks. Then, my ‘brace, Vam, informed me that you were planning on putting the cuttail-eyes on Trae’s items. So, all I have to do is find a black pearl for your Queen.”

“Well, no, I still have some. I inherited them from my predecessor’s box. Most of them are small but I think you need the larger one I have left,” Collin replied. He retrieved his box from the pack he always wore on his back. He removed the pearl from a small suede bag.

“Hold out your arm,” he said to Darcy and held the gem over the place that the benitoite gem was in. He dropped it and the brace seemed to blur before their eyes. Collin grinned when he looked at the new configuration. “Now it’s complete.”

Darcy looked and realised that the benitoite had moved. It now occupied its own space near his hand. Behind it sat the pearl in the middle with the opal and cuttail-eye gems on either side. On the side nearest his elbow was the amethyst, the beryl and the diamond. Each gem also had an animal symbol for each island except the amethyst, which had a five-pointed star.

He too felt that it was now complete. He didn’t particularly notice any real shift in his power levels, but he was sure that they had changed. He also felt that Trae and Collin were indeed part of his conclave. They were destined to be his Queen’s but not yet. They were not ready, so he didn’t mention this fact and told Vam to keep it to himself too.

For the time being, Collin was going to have a hard-enough time accepting he was good enough to be a Lord Wizard. Even Trae was still feeling his way. He suspected Ayden would also need some support. He felt that Ayden needed to stay in the south and to establish his decad of wizards there.

He had deliberately made the new boxes so that the apprentice wizards would be more independent of their Wizard, unlike Lee’s decads. He felt that them being tied to their Wizard romantically wasn’t a good thing for his decads. It may still happen but that would be because the two people felt it was right for them.

His plan was for them to be more like his friends Sean Watson and Gary Carpenter back on Harmony. Sean supported Gary and while they had a strong rapport, they weren’t romantically involved. Since the Wizards would be supporting different cities and their provinces, this would be best.

He even decided to change their names to High Wizards and Wizards like for High Mages and Mages. He would also add a small gem that linked the set to their Queen. The added boost it gave them wouldn’t hurt and it would make the Wizards more distinctive from High Mages.

He grinned at Collin, “You do realise that by wearing the pearl on your items, you are in fact already a Wizard?”

Collin frowned. “So, Serpin and Paige are also Wizards?”

Darcy smiled. “Yes. However, Paige doesn’t have the same sized gems on her items that you and Serpin do, and you really need at least one more common gem. I think that in this case that makes her a perfect Guild Lord and the Wizard for Dirks. I hate to do this to you Collin, but you need to be a Lord Wizard.”

“Serpin will need to upgrade to a High Wizard and she will be Paige’s mentor. You two, need to stand in for Ayden in Rockslide, as he needs to stay in the South and establish his decad there. You will also need to find who are to be your other three High Wizards and the other four Wizards.”

“I predict that Boavale, Scale Valley and North Keep will require the High Wizards and Smile Bay, Grey Bay and Fortune will acquire the Wizards. You will most likely find that the person you pick for Fortune will also be your student.”

“Unlike other Wizard’s boxes I’ve come into contact with, the boxes I have designed don’t mean you will be romantically attached to your student Wizard. You are simply their mentor,” Darcy informed Collin.

“But I’m romantically attached to Paige and Serpin,” Collin said.

“Yes, and being who you are that doesn’t surprise me, and I don’t have a problem with it. Just be aware, however, that as a Lord Wizard you may in fact also gain consorts. You will have to work that out with your partners if or when this happens,” Darcy warned him and looked at Trae too.

“My grandmother warned me this could happen. For the moment I’m rather happy just being with Kat,” Trae replied.

“Yes, I know. I think in your case that she will need to become your Wizard. You could possibly let her be the Wizard for Catton, as I know you have a home near there. You need to find a High Wizard for Pixville, Merton, Clifton and Clawton with Wizards for the rest.”

“As time goes on these alliances may change but for now, I believe we don’t require Queens with our current population levels. You may find the current Duchesses and Dukes don’t meet your requirements and you may need to promote over them.”

“Make sure that the ranking nobility understands that they take their problems to their Wizard first. If your Wizards need your assistance, they only need to ask. A Wizard can try their High Wizard first but as I mentioned they will be more independent than those I’ve met in the past and may come straight to you.”

“So, Serpin will really be the High Wizard for Rockslide, while I’m supposed to become the Lord for all of Northern Boa Island,” Collin asked for clarification.

“Yes, to me that feels the logical progression and placement. Once you learn to blink or transport yourself, you will find the task is not so onerous. People will not need to travel long distances to see you as you can go to them in a blink of the eye. Your vambrace can also act as your secretary and can screen the calls you receive and prioritise them.”

“You don’t even need to move to the Palace if you don’t wish. Being the Lord, you can be based anywhere you want. Also, since you touched me, I’m afraid I’ve infected you with a little gift from my old Queen who is now an Empress. You will find that you have a damn near perfect memory and any moment in time, more so from this point, will be easy to recall.”

“I have a lot of memories I’d rather not recall,” Collin replied.

“Yes, I know. You will learn that you can put a sort of block on those memories. Just be warned that if you do, it may make it harder to remember what you learnt from those memories if you block them too soon. I too have some very painful memories of actions I’m not proud of.”

“However, those things happened to me for a reason as did the choices I made at the time. It is better to deal with them, learn from them and then put them away but not unforgotten. A form of meditation I’ve learnt has helped me come to terms with my past.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.