King Frederick I
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2019 by jamesbreitbart

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 2 - In an alternate history of Britain, the son of Princess Charlotte of Wales becomes King upon the death of George IV in 1830. Partially orphaned by the death of his mother and intentionally separated from his foreign father, King Frederick I is primarily influenced by the unconventional ideas of his nurse. Unlike the conservative backlash experienced in our timeline, Britain is about to enter a new age of sexual liberation.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Steampunk   Alternate History   Sharing   Group Sex   Harem   Exhibitionism   First   Petting   Pregnancy   Nudism   Politics   Royalty  

King Frederick of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, 8 September, 1831

Lord Clarence, my great-uncle and regent, had suggested a much simpler coronation than Grandpapa’s, and I readily agreed, not so much from a desire to economise as to avoid the tedium and discomfort of an extended ceremony which required me to wear a heavy robe and train with full hose. Naturally, the hose irritated my legs and feet tremendously. Upon my accession to the throne my school-masters and classmates had been moved into Buckingham Palace (although, alas, dear Miss Twygg had been dismissed amid much grumbling about her ‘strange ideas’ from the elderly gentlemen who dominated the cabinet), and I was able to select eight of my closest friends as train-bearers. I doubted that they much appreciated the honour, as they were required to dress in clothes as ostentatious and uncomfortable as mine, but they gamely agreed to bear the burden.

The coronation itself began with a long procession from the Palace to Westminster Abbey, where I exchanged my (I thought rather effeminate) feathered hat for St. Edward’s Crown and my Sovereign’s Ring. Thence followed another procession, wearing the surprisingly heavy crown, to Westminster Palace, where we finally got to eat. Following the banquet, I was able to divest myself of my crown and robes and proceeded to the fete in Hyde Park, which included a fireworks display and, at my suggestion, a roast beef dinner for 5,000. The whole thing wrapped up around half-past ten, at which point I retired.

The next day I began with lessons at half-past five, no different from any other day. In contrast to my attire of the previous day, I was able to put on the half-dress which I had convinced the royal tailors to make for me. This consisted of a silk shirt and linen breeches, without a waistcoat or shoes. There had been an awful row when I first came up with the idea about whether we would be allowed to go about in bare feet, which were considered shocking in the world beyond Brighton, but Uncle Clarence finally intervened on my behalf. He did, however, insist on full dress for Privy Council meetings, one of which I was to attend after my lessons.

The topic of the meeting was electoral reform. The Whigs in Parliament desired to reassign boroughs in the House of Commons to more accurately reflect the distribution of population, eliminating most of the pocket and rotten boroughs. The Tories, including Uncle Clarence, opposed this measure, as it would substantially weaken their standing in the Commons and possibly make governance of any sort impossible. The conversation grew rather heated, particularly when Lord Melbourne spoke, and ended rather abruptly when one of the Whig ministers threatened a vote to end the Regency, and enable me to rule in my own right, mentioning that I was already a man if the rumours emanating from the palace maidservants were to be believed (they were, although as I had sworn the girls in question to strictest secrecy, I had no idea how they had gotten to the Cabinet). I gathered he felt that I would be more pliable than Uncle Clarence, and in truth I did privately feel the Whigs were right on the merits of the case.

As we got in the carriage back to the palace, Uncle Clarence sighed heavily. “If Parliament does revoke the regency, how would you rule?”

“Surely there’s no danger of that happening, is there?”

“I think there is. I had not told you, but there were rumours about repealing the regency before today, and my sources in Parliament tell me a bill would likely pass. The Whigs wish to place all power in the hands of the Commons, instead of the Crown and Lords. A King too young to rule effectively would play right into their hands. The Lords would support the bill because they know that you are popular and I am not, and feel that getting rid of me is the best way to hold on to their own heads; and I cannot refuse assent without incurring a revolution.”

I sat back and thought for a moment. I had, of course, devoted some thought to how I would rule, but under the assumption that that day was still a long ways off. “I would push the Lords to pass the electoral reform bill, to quell the popular unrest, but dismiss Lord Grey to establish my ability to act independently. I would make a tour of the country and a great show of sponsoring charitable works from my personal income in order to reinforce my popularity.”

“Hmm...”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.