For Blood or Money - Cover

For Blood or Money

Copyright© 2019 by Wayzgoose

Preface

About For Blood or Money

You’re a hard-boiled detective with all the trimmings. You’ve got the Seattle Waterfront office, the sexy young assistant who adores you, and an attitude to match the constant gray drizzle outside your window.

Into your office blows this high-society dame boo-hooing about her missing husband and how he always said that if anything happened to him she should come to you, Dag Hamar. The only problem is you’re a middle-aged computer geek who doesn’t do missing persons. Doc has told you to stay close to home while you wait for a replacement for your failing ticker. And the only clue the lady brought you was the missing man’s laptop.

Did I mention she’s your ex-wife and the missing man is the former best friend she ran off with twenty years ago? You can’t wait to get your hands on that computer!

Enter the world of Dag Hamar and Deb Riley, computer forensics detectives who discover hidden files and computer code can be as dangerous as dark alleys and flying bullets as they enter the high-stakes game of Seattle’s business world to trace a missing friend and the billion-dollar fortune that disappeared with him.


Other Titles by Nathan Everett

City Limits

Gee Evars wandered into Rosebud Falls on Independence Day just in time to rescue a toddler from the rushing torrent of the Rose River. And to lose his memory. In an attempt to make Rosebud Falls his home, Gee becomes a local hero and inadvertently leads a revolt that changes the balance of power in the town. But will he ever know who he really is? Now available on SOL.

The Gutenberg Rubric

Two rare-book librarians race time, biblio-terrorists, and Homeland Security across three continents, attempting to find and preserve a legendary book supposedly printed by Johannes Gutenberg. 2010 Pacific Northwest Writers’ Association Literary Competition second award winner. Now Available on SOL.

The Volunteer

Journey inside the head of a chronically homeless man—a man that in a less politically correct age we might have called a hobo. Gerald Good, known now only as G2, volunteered to take the place of a homeless man, believing he would work his way back quickly. Ten years later, twenty ... thirty years, find G2 alone in his head, his memories, and his boxcar.

For Money or Mayhem

Computer forensics detective Dag Hamar is pulled from behind the safety of his computer and takes to the streets when he discovers a link between an online predator and real life kidnappings around Seattle. His fledgling romance is threatened when his girlfriend’s daughter is suddenly among the missing. Now Available on SOL.

Steven George & The Dragon

Steven has always known he was a dragonslayer, but on the day his village sends him to slay the fearsome beast he realizes he doesn’t know what a dragon looks like, where it lives, or how to kill it. His quest is facilitated by the exchange of “once-upon-a-times” with the people he meets on the endless road. Think Grimm, not Disney. For young adults, not children. see http://www.nathaneverett.com for additional details


©2008 ©2013 Nathan Everett

©2019 Elder Road Books

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher. ElderRoadBooks@outlook.com

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental and mildly insulting.

Cover photo by Quinne Everett

Online Serial Edition

ISBN 978-1-939275-99-8

www.NathanEverett.com

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.