The Cure - Cover

The Cure

Copyright© 2019 by QM

Chapter 58

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 58 - What if you can cure the incurable, including restoring the dead flesh of a re-attached severed limb? How? Well, that's the rub, isn't it? The secret is in your sexual emanations and only works when reacting to the environment of a vagina.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mystery   Restart   Science Fiction  

The ‘revenge’ fleet approached the world of Asha, a border world of the Diadem Republic. The on board ‘grapevine’ told us that we’d been scanned, though we clearly were not hiding ... well, most of the fleet, several scouts probably were hiding.

On transition from XD space we were faced with what had to be the full Republic Defence Force who were rapidly manoeuvring to prevent us from closing with the inhabited world of the system.

Cass, Hiqua and I, as representatives of the Security Group, were then called to the bridge of the Serene Bliss to observe the initial confrontation as Admiral Limun faced off against General Goldes of the Republic.

“You are trespassing in the Republic’s territory. Withdraw now or face the consequences!” the General began without preamble.

“Is that what you told the Hegemony before they passed through your territory and killed five billion of our people?” Limun asked coldly.

“We have a non-aggression treaty with the Hegemony which grants their ships passage,” the General blustered.

“You are supposed to advise the various Realms that border you that such transit is being made, if they approach said Realms borders. It’s in our treaty with you.”

“I’m assured such a message was sent to Pillin.”

“AI?” Limun asked.

“He is lying; he knows no such message was sent.”

“Preposterous!”

“Not so,” the AI added. “Your vital signs can be read by us via the tri-dee interface.”

“Well, General?” Limun asked in chilled tones.

“I am just repeating what I was told to say,” he replied, pale faced.

“True,” the AI confirmed. “He knew it was a lie though.”

“It appears that a state of hostilities now exists between the Diadem Republic and the Empire for a breach of treaty and knowingly allowing an enemy fleet access to Imperial territories with the intention of committing genocide. You either surrender now or we destroy you in place,” Limun went on relentlessly. “Is this acceptable, Orliantomina Cassire?” he requested of Cass.

“It is Admiral. Five billion souls cry out for revenge on those who snuffed them out as if they were nothing at all, as well as on those who enabled them,” Cass replied firmly, though knowing her as I did, I knew she was cringing inside.

“The Republic will not surrender!” the General stated in loud tones.

“Then let the dice fall where they may,” Limun replied, and with that broke contact.

“Do you wish to observe the battle, Orliantomina?” Captain Urrin asked.

“No, but Cure David will do so in my stead,” she replied. “My status as Senior Healer is at odds with authorising hostilities, though I will not flinch from my duties to her Serenissima. However, I cannot bring myself to watch such slaughter.”

“Understandable,” Urrin nodded. “My apologies for the circumstances.”

“Think nothing of it, Captain. Duty is duty,” Cass replied, before withdrawing with Hiqua.

“Cure David, you may observe the battle from the main tank.” Urrin indicated a large tri-dee tank in the lower part of the bridge where several officers stood watching the proceedings.

“Thank you, Captain. I will stay out of the way and merely observe,” I confirmed, getting an accepting nod off him.

It was clear the Republic forces were outnumbered and outclassed, though they drove into an offensive move as soon as the ‘revenge’ fleet began to move forwards towards the planet and the single station orbiting it.

The sheer number of beams lancing out from the Imperials soon began to take its toll and several Republic ships drifted out of their formation as the Imperials moved relentlessly forwards. Nor were the crippled vessels left to their own devices with a single stiletto-like hyperbeam lance being driven through the engine rooms of each one passed to ensure they stayed down.

“Quite the slaughter is it not,” Urrin said quietly in an aside to me.

“They brought it upon themselves, but yes, quite the slaughter,” I agreed with a sigh.

“Yes, I suspect they only put up a fight to try and appease the Hegemony,” he nodded.

“Assuming the Empire would leave or the Hegemony come to their aid, yes, I suppose they would.”

“We won’t be leaving?”

“Not without two worlds by way of compensation, no.”

“Hmmm, yes. A price must be paid.”

“And they will pay. The Empress commands.”

“And we obey.”


“We have received reports, the Empire has invaded the Diadem Republic in overwhelming force,” Senior Advisor Menl of the Soothing Rainbow Nebulae informed the Command Group. “The Republic request aid as per our non-aggression treaty and as vassals of the Starlit Hegemony.”

“What aid do we owe them?” the Hegemon asked contemptuously. “They likely alerted this Empire to our fleet’s presence.”

“Most Radiant of the Heavens! Such is not the case; hence the victories at Pillin and Trarr!”

“So you claim,” the Hegemon sniffed. “As it is, we have our fleets tied down at Ganvil, awaiting the Empire to attack us there. Tell the Diadem to fight on and we’ll come to rescue them when we have defeated the Imperial insects on our own soil.”

“And should they be forced into surrender?”

“Then they are cowards and not worth our time.”

At this answer the Command Group eyed each other surreptitiously, realising the Court’s machinations to place the younger son of the previous Hegemon, rather than his brother, on the Starlit Throne because of his susceptibility to flattery was about to explode in their faces. In the past, the Court (not the Command Group) had controlled the Hegemon with flattery and trinkets, keeping him away from the levers of power, even to the point of inventing wars to seemingly keep him amused. The current Hegemon had demanded (and got) his rightful seat on the Command Group. A seat that his father had ignored and then proceeded to show his total lack of grasp of reality by supplying warships to the Tcheeklan Ravagers who had been bribed by the Raffagee to attack any states occupying their old territorial claims. Unfortunately the Raffagee had chosen to occupy Vraik territory, leaving the Hegemony open to investigation by those Realms who had been attacked. Instead of (as common sense would dictate) withdrawing and denying aiding the Ravagers, the Hegemon had insisted they continue to build and supply the warships, even crewing them with the Hegemon officers for a share of the gains. This had been countered only by Voice of Truth Nild until the Empire decided to take a look at what was going on over their new border and Nild had his place on the Command Group revoked.

“We should always abide by our treaties, O Most Radiant of the Heavens,” Senior Controller Kli of the Jade Green Path averred. “The treaty we have states we will always come to the aid of our vassal should they be invaded.”

“Treaties mean exactly what I say they mean! Or are you questioning my judgement as my foolish brother did without his familial protection?”

“Of course not, O Most Radiant of the Heavens,” Kli backtracked obsequiously.

“Good. How go our plans to defeat the Empire should they dare to invade my Realm at Ganvil?” The Hegemon asked, completely ignoring the problem building up on another Hegemony border as it did not fit his narrative.

“The inner defence guard are in position, along with the remnants of the five fleets of the Orichalcum Principate. They should be sufficient, together with the fixed defences, to annihilate any Imperial idiocy, Autocrat of All under the Firmament of the Stars,” High View Yit of the Way of Yellow Sunlight stated. “Other fleets of the Topaz and the Indigo Principates are also making their way to Ganvil.”

“Very good. After our victory over the Empire I will announce a Hegemony wide day of celebration. Inform the Court of my decision,” the Hegemon stated, then left the room.

“We are doomed,” Kli stated quietly to the room, getting stunned nods of agreement from the others.


“I fail to see what you expect me to do,” Voice of Truth Nild replied to Kli’s explanation of events. “My brother is an utter fool, but unfortunately an all-powerful one. He now has power that the Court and your group gave him because you thought he’d be easy to manipulate or fob off with trinkets.”

“Can you not speak to your brother and at least have him listen to reason?”

“I’m afraid not. Protocol demands he recall me first. Currently I’m banished until such a recall is given. Yes, I have my outside sources of information, though all tell me that the people of the Hegemony still believe the lies of victory they are being spun by both the Command Group and the Court.”

“Then we are doomed,” Kli grimaced.

“Until the Hegemon is deposed, yes. Even then, do not expect mercy from the Empire or its Allies. We destroyed two of their worlds simply because they spied on us and their Allies were tormented by the Ravagers,” Nild replied. “Nor should you expect aid from our vassal states. They will have seen the way we used the Republic, Kingdom and the Chancery and will want no part of the forthcoming disaster.”

“What can we do?”

“Hope our fleets fight bravely and force negotiations from a position of equality. Even then, expect to pay a high price in worlds and wealth,” Nild shrugged.

At this point a young girl who bore a passing resemblance to Supreme Oramiral Hassatt entered and threw herself into Nild’s arms.

‘My Father?” she asked.

“Still lives, for as long as I can keep you safe,” Nild replied whilst ruffling her hair.


Admiral Awach greeted, via tri-dee, Blademaster Ungerra, along with Admirals Serr and Vanth, representing the Regnat Alliance as well as Admiral Serroulinta of the Gershonian combined fleets, Navarch Tissimla, representing Melanoqui and the varied allied commanders from the surrounding Realms with Imperial Treaties.

“You have all agreed upon the plan and your parts in it?” Awach asked.

“Yes,” Ungerra nodded as others indicated assent. “We’ll do our part while the Empire deals with their fleets and keeps them off our backs.”

“Our scouts have the positions of the various Hegemony fleets; you’ll receive updated information as you transition in.”

“Agreed, plus the planet itself is to be left intact except for planetary defence centres. I’m presuming you intend to occupy it?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.