The Cure
Chapter 52

Copyright© 2019 by QM

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 52 - What if you can cure the incurable, including restoring the dead flesh of a re-attached severed limb? How? Well, that's the rub, isn't it? The secret is in your sexual emanations and only works when reacting to the environment of a vagina.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mystery   Restart   Science Fiction  

The delegates from the former Republic of Zelnot were allowed to communicate with various agencies and organisations within the territory and let them know the Empire’s conditions. The one that Amantil was keeping a close eye upon was the reaction of the Zelnot fleet who had the potential to cause major problems if they decided to mutiny against the Imperial regime.

“I have spoken to Fleet Commander Collo of the Zelnot Fleet,” Abno informed her. “He has agreed to stand down and bring the Zelnot fleet here to swear allegiance to the Empire.”

“Good, the Empire does not want to inconvenience my Zelnot subjects for the crimes of the former state. That includes their fleet.”

“There is unrest in several cities across the five worlds, but no violence,” Ganilla, reported back. “Abno’s explanation of what happened and your response, whilst being a bitter pill to swallow, has convinced most that surrender is a better option than a war and possible scouring of our worlds.”

“Life will not change for most, indeed opportunity may increase for many. Certainly your taxes will be lower as the tithe to the Temple of Zelno will cease,” Amantil replied.

“There are some who will not like that at all.”

“They can pay voluntarily. But the official tithe will cease. There is no state religion in the Empire; all religions can proselytise, peacefully, none can claim off the state.”

“That, I believe, we women can sell,” Ganilla nodded.

“It does mean other religions can send missionaries here, and vice versa.”

“Interesting.”

“Also, anyone not prepared to live under the Empire is free to leave.”

“We have detected the Zelnot Fleet, Serenissima,” Admiral Hark interrupted us.

“Order them to emerge outside hyperbeam range. Use caution, until I have their allegiance they are potentially enemies,” Amantil advised.

“By your command, Serenissima,” Hark replied then went over to a console to give out orders.

“Expecting trouble, Serenissima?” Ganilla asked with a frown.

“No, but it pays to be cautious when dealing with armed people.”

“Ah, yes. I see your point.”

The Zelnot fleet emerged well beyond hyperbeam range (for them and the Empire) and remained with shields up. A shuttle was launched from the flagship and requested permission to dock with the Empire’s Wrath.

“Granted,” Amantil replied to Hark’s passing on of the request. “Full military honours. Show them the respect they deserve.”

“By your command, Serenissima.”

Fleet Commander Collo was led into the conference chamber along with what had to be the full complement of his command staff who all stood to attention and gave a salute to Amantil.

“Thank you for coming, Fleet Commander. I am merely here to take your pledge of allegiance to the Empire, not your surrender,” Amantil stated.

“This is a relief, Serenissima. To surrender without a fight would be dishonourable,” Collo replied as his men looked relieved.

“Yes, I know this and as your Empress I would never permit that for my forces. You will become the Imperial 25th Fleet under Admiral Yonis and be brought up to the size of a full Imperial Fleet. Your rank will be Vice Admiral until the 25th is fully integrated into the Empire command structure and then you will be given the rank of Admiral. There will be none of your officers demoted, though any who wish to resign may do so, if in all conscience they feel they cannot serve under me.”

“Thank you, Serenissima. As Vice Admiral of the Imperial 25th fleet we pledge allegiance to the Empire and its Empress,” Collo replied before all the officers gave the full bow.

“Seems to be going well,” I said in an aside to Herrick.

“Having the Women’s Committee on board along with the senior Zealot helps. Plus giving them titles, hence status in the Empire, has smoothed over difficulties at the top level,” he replied.

“They seem smart enough and flexible enough to bend with the wind of change,” I nodded.

“Manny believes so. It won’t be easy at times when cultures clash, but with good will on both sides it will eventually be just one of those things. The other thing they’re going to discover is a massive new market will open up for some of their more technical products. Some of these people are going to end up very rich indeed.”

“Rich?” Lirra asked as she approached.

“Some of your products made for your home market and not for export suddenly have a vast new home market,” Herrick explained.

“Oh, oh yes. I see.”

“I believe your people will not only survive, but thrive,” I added.

“I hope so, though there are many not happy about us surrendering without a shot being fired.”

“Believe me, you would not wish for a shot to be fired. Deaths would have been in the millions if not billions.”

“Yes, all because of the stupidity of my father and his cabal of Zealots,” she nodded sadly.

“It was a most foolish thing to do. Word would have got out somehow and the longer the period, the greater the Empire’s wrath.”

“Yes, Cure David, I know and for that I’m truly sorry for my family’s part in it.”

“I hold no grudges, but my wife most certainly does, though not against you, just the Conclave of Zealots.”

“Yes, I do not blame her; I would be the same in her position.”

“Still intending on keeping up the tradition of covering up?” I asked.

“Me? No,” she replied with a smile. “As soon as the Imperial AI grid goes up, I’m not wearing that damned thing ever again.”

“Wise to wait till the grid is up,” Herrick agreed.

“Yes, though it will be nice to shock both the male and female traditionalists in Sirene.”

“It will be up in about a binary cycle ... about twenty seven of your Haven days.

“I look forward to it.”

“Look forward to what?” Ganilla asked as she approached with Abno.

“Not having to wear a mantle in mixed or male parts of Sirene.”

“You would do this?” Abno asked with a wry smile.

“Oh, most certainly I will, Uncle.”

“You probably will not be the only one,” Ganilla chuckled.

“I know, it’s why many of my class like to travel outside what was the Republic, males too.”

“Yes, it’s most refreshing seeing the sexes mixing without half of them bundled up to hide who they are,” Abno agreed. “But until the Empire took over, such was never going to happen, too many overly religious throwbacks amongst the Zealots.”

“How did you end up senior Zealot, Abno?” I asked.

“I caused too much trouble in the Conclave debates by pushing towards reform,” he shrugged. “For all the senior Zealot has a great deal of power, it’s also constrained by administration tasks, hence used to keep an inconvenient voice away from the levers of power. Even so I was slowly chipping away at the various institutions that held our society in a form of social stasis, until they tried to kidnap you and had it blow up in their faces.”

“I take it being annexed by the Empire was not in your plans though?”

“No, but I’m pragmatic enough to realise the cost of not allowing it.”

“Smart of you. You’d have been fine if the Zealots hadn’t been so foolish to kidnap Dave. Once they did that the Republic’s independence could be measured in planetary cycles,” Herrick added.

“So foolish of them,” Ganilla agreed. “Had we known what they planned we would have informed the Empire and arranged to get Lirra up to the space station and on to a ship. We never dreamed they’d do something so reckless with their desire to have their own Cure.”

“Yet my trip showed that if they needed a Cure they could get one easily enough,” I shrugged.

“I suspect they did not like the price they would have been charged,” Abno grimaced. “Ten thousand Royals is a lot of money for such a simple ... service. One that I gladly paid to have Lirra cured though.”

“It’s to encourage investment in medical research so people won’t need Cures,” Herrick explained. “We have far too few of them as it is.”

“I do charity work as well,” I added. “Though there is no way I could cure everyone on Vreekoos with a terminal condition, never mind the rest of the Empire.”

“Not even close,” Herrick agreed. “Hence the high price, to try and find ways to cure as many as we can without needing Cures.”

“Oh, I see,” Abno nodded.

“Which is why we’ll be after your data on cloning even if it’s illegal in the Empire. You may have discovered techniques that will aid our efforts to replace David here,” Herrick replied with a slight smile.

“What will happen to the clones?” Lirra asked.

“Nothing, they’ll become Imperial subjects just like you. You just won’t be permitted to produce any more.”

“Artificial wombs?”

“No problems with them, though Imperial women are encouraged to birth naturally to increase family bonds.”

“There’s a possible export market for them in the Emirate,” I added. “If yours are better than theirs.”

“Oh?” Ganilla replied thoughtfully. “We do not trade with them due to distance and their civil war.”

“It’s coming to an end. The Mirza sponsored Emir is gaining ascendency over his rival,” Herrick explained.

“Seems we may well come to believe being annexed by the Empire to be one of the better decisions we made,” Lirra nodded thoughtfully.

“It will take time and it won’t be perfect at least at first,” Herrick warned.

“We know this. I just hope the good outweighs the bad for most things,” Ganilla nodded.

“Time will tell.”


An ecstatic Kirim lay in my arms after we’d made love in our cabin, her beautiful body pressed into mine as we slowly cooled off.

“My love, I missed you so,” I said quietly in heartfelt tones.

“I missed you too. I was devastated when the news came through about their faking of your death,” she murmured, pressing in closer.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.