The Cure - Cover

The Cure

Copyright© 2019 by QM

Chapter 36

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 36 - What if you can cure the incurable, including restoring the dead flesh of a re-attached severed limb? How? Well, that's the rub, isn't it? The secret is in your sexual emanations and only works when reacting to the environment of a vagina.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mystery   Restart   Science Fiction  

The shuttle from the Harrock deposited us on a private landing bay on the continent of Lassos, an independent continent of Vreekoos about the size of Africa and roughly the same shape though the pointy tip was up as I viewed things. It was the home of the elite of Vreekoos, the Nobles and Meritocrats as well as containing the Imperial residence. Only the elite of the elite, those above the upper level status, which did not include the corporate heads no matter how much they wished they were living there, were resident here.

We were met by a small guard unit and escorted through a small tunnel into a beautiful garden where we heard a loud scream of ‘Mummy! Daddy!’ as a small human missile raced across a lawn to greet us joyfully.

I grabbed Kiria and swung her up into the air and into my arms, giving her a massive hug, before handing her on to Kirim for the same treatment.

“Were you good for Aunty Cass?” I asked.

“Yes, she let me fix a bird with her wand!” Kiria told us excitedly.

“Wow, well done you,” Kirim praised her as we walked along with Janilla, Renna and Sintar together with their newly appointed staff members to where a small group of friends of Kirim and I, including Amantil, were having what looked like a picnic on the lawn near a few fragrant flower beds.

“I think I want to be a Healer when I grow up,” Kiria announced.

“Good choice, but lots of time to choose yet, after all, three binary cycles ago you wanted to be an all-star grav-ball player,” I chuckled.

“I can be both!” she exclaimed, making us all grin.

“I’m sure if anyone could, you could,” Kirim giggled then set Kiria off with a tickle attack.

“Welcome back,” Amantil greeted us. “It’s a delight to meet you, Renna, Sintar.”

“Er...” Renna began.

“Sorry, I’m Amantil, Empress of Vreekoos and the far flung stars of the Imperium, to get the formalities out of the way. But here, you can call me Amantil or Manny,” Amantil explained.

“Serenissima Amantil,” both Renna and Sintar both gave a polite half bow with a clenched fist to their chests.

“Oh, don’t worry about that. We can sort out the formal stuff at the official greeting and presentation of your credentials in about three days’ time. In the meantime sit, eat, drink and tell me about the Regnat and what you hope to achieve here.”

Soon Amantil and Herrick were in deep discussion with Renna, Sintar and their few staff, most of whom were acting akin to fish out of water, but appreciated the informal atmosphere.

Kirim and I were chatting to Cass and her husband and getting an update on Kiria who, other than tiring them out with her boundless energy, had been a lot of fun. Janilla had moved to a position where she could observe the group and was chatting to her ‘apprentice’ who had been sent from the Kilios Cabal to be trained in the role of bodyguard to Amantil to allow Janilla to expand her training with visits back to Shunik and also to renew a relationship with the father she had never really known who now ran the Kilios Cabal.

“So, a bit of a success?” Herrick enquired as he wandered over with Vilgra to chat to us.

“If you consider being in the midst of a civil war that we possibly extended a success, yes,” I replied with a wry chuckle.

“Along with what appears to be a messy bit of Fleet politics,” Kirim added.

“Yes, Flasko’s first and last independent command,” Herrick agreed.

“Only heard about it afterwards when we resumed training with the Ground Force on the ship. He really was going to run away, stupid fool.”

“And arrested the Flag Captain who reminded him of his orders,” I added with a sigh.

“Yes, Fleet is busy looking into how he slipped through their net. Though it rather appears that the solution is to ensure promotion candidates get to see more of the service than come through a single Fleet. It can’t happen now, but there are a good few Admirals and Commodores out there where it has and they tend to occasionally throw us the odd bad egg,” Herrick explained.

“Too many Realms out there who would see a retreat as weakness,” Kirim shrugged.

“Yes, and the Regnat is definitely one of them. Something which is always noted in the briefing pack that Flasko ignored.”

“What will happen to him?” I asked.

“Well, he didn’t get anybody killed, but he clearly can’t be trusted with a Fleet command, nor an independent command. He’ll be reprimanded and put in a desk job somewhere most likely where he cannot do any harm.”

“Bit lenient,” Kirim huffed.

“Ensures we can keep an eye on him so he doesn’t go selling off secrets to other Realms, not that he’ll know many,” Herrick shrugged.

“Ah, yes, beats jailing him I guess,” I nodded.

“Yes, he can still be useful, just never in command or where decisions could have life or death implications.”

“He doesn’t like Manny at all,” I observed.

“It’s a big list that he’s joined,” Herrick chuckled. “We’ll ensure he goes where he can’t do any harm.”

“We have the usual list for you now you’re back,” Vilgra announced as she approached.

“No rest for the wicked,” I chuckled.

“True,” she smiled. “Baltus enjoyed his temporary promotion,” she added to Kirim.

“He’s good at what he does, but I’ll bet he didn’t enjoy the paperwork ... such as it is,” Kirim giggled.

“Yes, even with the AIs handling most of it he found it a pain.”

“All part of the boss knowing what’s actually going on as opposed to thinking they know.”

“Yes, he said he now understands how the various sections interact and why you tolerate a few pains in the bum a bit more.”

“They usually are the ones doing a job I’d struggle to get anyone else to do,” Kirim smiled.

“Yes, he realises that now.”

“So what scandalous events are you involving me with now?” I asked Vilgra.

“The usual bunch of idiot upper level disease swappers,” she replied with a wry smile.

“No compassionate help cases?”

“Not this time.”

“Yuk.”

“Cure Guild got a complaint that you are taking too many cases, but it failed due to you being off planet and still no one wanted to use them,” she grinned.

“Should learn to keep their mouths shut,” Kirim giggled.

“It’s essentially what the problem is, though it adds massively to Dave’s workload, particularly when he goofs off to start rebellions in other Realms,” Vilgra replied with a straight face before we all burst out laughing.

“It’s not my problem if I am the preferred choice of those who choose or need to use Medical Resource. Nor was it me who ruined their reputations,” I shrugged with a grin.

“That’s what they’ve been told ... many, many times. Yet still they get interviewed by the newsies and sound off about a recent ‘cure’ or reminisce about past conquests,” Herrick added.

“Some are learning, though admittedly not the majority and they get good money from the newsies as well,” Vilgra admitted.

“I don’t mind. I give a lot of what I earn away to charities, mostly to Cass’ medical charity and its support groups. Though Kirim also helps Guardian support groups for those injured or killed in the line of duty,” I chuckled.

“Now we’re entitled to full medical care it’s improved, but there’re still the partners and orphans funds that need the occasional top ups,” Kirim nodded.

“You’ve also contributed to the Medical Resource staff bonus scheme the last two years, Dave,” Vilgra added.

“One cure payment goes a long way with the bonus for all and with the way the upper level libertines behave, the income is massive at times,” I shrugged.

“True, but it’s nice for the staff to get it and they feel appreciated too, it’s almost a year’s money for the lower level workers.”

“Who’s the most urgent case?” I asked.

“Orliantomina Pilik ... again.”

“I’m surprised her husband hasn’t noticed the loss of income,” I sighed.

“She’s independently wealthy,” Herrick answered. “Major shareholder in the Transportnet Hub, the people who own and run the lift system.”

“I thought it was free?”

“Comes out of your taxes, same with other basic necessities.”

“So how do they make a profit?”

“Service efficiencies. They get a fixed sum per person using the lift, use a series of AIs to figure out best use and, at the end of the financial year, pocket the difference from savings on power consumption and keeping as many lifts in operation at a time,” Herrick shrugged. “It might only be a credit saving per customer, but with a population of ten billion, it can rack up some impressive sums for shareholders.”

“Surprised the Empire doesn’t own it then,” I chuckled.

“Not allowed to. We monitor and audit, but the Empire cannot own infrastructure ... or rather civil infrastructure, as we do ‘own’ Fleet and Ground Force bases and ships.”

“So where does the Crown money come from, taxation?”

“Some of it. The Crown also owns land and resources which companies have to pay to use, mine or build on.”

“Oh right, so you just ensure the private firms don’t rip the consumer off?”

“Yes, pretty much it, Empire wide, the Empire actually runs at a surplus unless we have a major war on our hands.”

“So we’re hoping the Regnat will behave?”

“Yes, though it’s pressure being exerted by Realms beyond our nearer neighbours that worry us a lot more. Currently the Empire is a rock of stability in this small section of the galaxy and our nearer neighbours appreciate this,” Herrick explained. “Our strength makes certain Realms like the Ghangan Expanse behave with the Melanoqui Autarchy who, whilst pretty strong themselves, are outnumbered almost five to one by a regime that is both technically advanced and carnivorous, who see humans as meat packages.”

“Nice neighbours,” I shuddered.

“They understand that if they try something it’s they who will be going under,” Herrick added. “That said, if the ruling ‘pride’ who run the Expanse falls, we may get a war, like it or not.”

“Too many enemies, too many obligations,” I observed.

“Yes, we’re heading towards a time of conflict, like it or not, I believe. Which is why Manny is on a diplomacy offensive to gain allies as well as rights to cross borders and create transit lanes like the Termelli Corridor where we can get access to some of the more unstable and violently inclined Realms near the borders.”

“Did wonder about why we have a few like that. It’s not like the Regnat are or were good neighbours,” I nodded.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.