Retribution - Cover

Retribution

Copyright© 2019 by MichaelT65

Chapter 11

Everyone around me was getting into the Christmas spirit, enjoying themselves. I stayed glued on that seat. With eyes like a hawk, I observed each person that walked through the entrance. As the evening progressed more customers rolled into the cocktail bar. It made it difficult for me to see everyone while being seated. I need to walk around.

Sipping on my beverage, I casually walked towards the rope barrier. A small section of the rope was unhooked. A couple in their late fifties stood by the barrier post; they were the guests of honour. The couple looked towards me and smiled.

“Did we have to send you an invitation to come? Come here and hug your old man? The man screamed.

The hard shove on my shoulder spilt most of my drink. The man who bumped into me carried on walking without apologising. He embraced the couple. It was Bobby. I panicked. I looked around for Goliath. He wasn’t here.

It was a family party. I watched every move Bobby made. He would go from one table to the other, greeting his family members, joking and smiling with everyone. I watched and waited for my chance. Without Goliath protecting him, Bobby was easy prey.

It was late, almost midnight. Bobby embraced and kissed his mother on the cheek. With his father, it was only a hand gesture. He started to walk towards the exit, I followed him. When he was outside, he pulled his smartphone out of his pocket and made a call. I watched him from a distance, regretting I didn’t get closer to hear what he was saying. He lit up a cigarette, taking a deep puff every few seconds. A taxi pulled up. Bobby exchanged words with the driver. In the back seat of the cab sat an attractive blonde. She opened the window; Bobby kissed her passionately before the taxi drove off. He was on his smartphone again. He lit up another cigarette, this time smoking it slowly as he waited.

He flicked the cigarette to the ground, and then casually began walking toward The Brighton Pier. I was behind him, not too close and not too far. I should have known when he went down the step towards the beach that it was a trap. I walked straight into the ambush.

There wasn’t much light below The Brighton Pier. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my arm. Within seconds I was overpowered, thrown across the beach.

There I was, face down on the pebbles. The bitter December cold was not helping much. I felt the chill run down my spine, giving me goose bumps all over. I attempted to overpower the giant, but Goliath wouldn’t have it. He pushed his huge boot down onto my back vigorously, making it difficult for me to move or breath.

“What do you want me to do boss?” Goliath yelled, in a deep muscular voice.

“Release him,” Bobby answered.

As the force of his boot decreased, I heaved for air, taking a deep breath, inflating my lungs with fresh oxygen. Once I gained my respiration, I raised my head. My sight fixed to what was ahead. Bobby advanced closer to me, all I recognised was his silhouette, but I knew it was him from his posture.

He stopped a few feet away from me, stood there staring at me for a moment before he attacked me with questions. “Who are you? Why were you following me? For whom are you working for?” The emphasis of his voice demanded an answer.

He retrieved a cigarette lighter from his pocket and inflamed his cigarette. The small flame from the zippo had shed enough light to reveal his face. I gritted my teeth on seeing the man that caused my family and me so much sorrow. He stepped closer, manoeuvred the flame around, analysing my face. For a split second, he seemed confused. He then took a step back, with an expression of shock on his face. Was it the deformity on my cheek or recognition that disturbed him? I wasn’t sure.

“Can I finish him off now boss?” my assaulter asked. He reminded me of a child who asks for approval, before doing something.

“Kill him!” Bobby ordered the giant. He then turned around and walked away, vanishing into the night.

Goliath grabbed the back of my jacket, lifted me off the ground like a rag doll. He threw me across the beach. With both, his fists clenched he closed in for the attack. This time I was ready, I rolled to the left. He went crashing onto the pebbles. I had to get the baton which was strapped to my ankle. I went for the weapon, quickly wrapping my hand around the handle, ripping it off the tape. He was back on his feet. He rushed towards me, this time more aggressively. His right fist came crashing onto my cheek, knocking me down onto one knee. Before he could strike me with his left fist, I buried the baton end into his ribs. He went flying back, hold his side.

“That’s what pain feels like you fuck, and there is a lot more to come,” I yelled.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.