Sixes and Sevens - Cover

Sixes and Sevens

Copyright© 2018 by Always Raining

Chapter 5

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 5 - The life and loves of Aidan Redmond. Two women in his life always seemed to be at sixes and sevens with him. Sometimes it was anger, sometimes misunderstandings, sometimes just circumstances.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Cheating   Slow  

The word turmoil had always been a favourite of his. It conjured up chaos, mayhem, directionless thrashing about. Well, that was his mind as he trudged the quarter of a mile or so back to his hotel.

A woman, than whom a more flawless, achingly beautiful example he had never met before, though he had seen them in films, or movies as she would call them, that woman, seemed to have taken a shine to him.

While he knew that their boyfriend/girlfriend game was only that, it betokened an intimacy which he was sure he would never forget, and presaged a more intimate physical relationship, at least until she left his life for ever.

That was one strand of confused thinking swirling round his head. Another was the certainty that such a physical relationship was impossible for her with someone like him. He would have to hold off, and remain a friend. He already felt frustration at the resolution.

Another strand was the amazement that so much could have happened in one day. He knew he could not take advantage of her because she was so dependent on him until she could get her cards and passport back.

Then she would be independent and in all probability would not be able to get away fast enough. Best not to get too involved. But a roll in the hay with a woman like this would never happen again, his thoughts ran. Hell, most men would never even get such a chance.

Once in his room he laid out what he would wear the next day, and packed everything else. Then he fell into bed and resolved to straighten his confused mind out before sleep. A definite course of intention and action was what was needed. He would think it out now.

Immediately it was morning! After days of cloudless skies the day was cloudy and it looked to rain, but Aidan was not affected by its greyness. His spirits were bright at the prospect of the company he was about to share.

He felt more at ease in his mind that morning. Perhaps, he reasoned, his subconscious mind organised it for him while he slept. Some hopes! He would let her make the running and take whatever crumbs she threw his way. He would do the right thing and look after her interests first and foremost. If she wanted to play, he would play and give her the best time he could. Dead easy! Time for breakfast then checkout.

He arrived at the front door of her hotel and went inside. She was waiting in the entrance lounge. Up she jumped and ran to him, enveloping him and kissing him hello. He kissed hello back, then with breathless smiles they loaded her luggage into the car and were on their way.

She enthused about his car, though he told her it was only a mid-range BMW and nothing special. She commented on the shops they passed as they made their way south west out of the city.

“I flew into Edinburgh from London,” she explained. “All this is new to me.”

After about an hour the conversation dried up except for the odd comment, and they lapsed into companionable silence as the car ate up the miles west then south through Scotland, past Gretna Green and into England. At this the sun came out, and stayed.

They compared notes on the difference between the hills of the Lake District and the mountains of the Rockies. Aidan had travelled through the Rockies, and so had she, but they agreed that the hills of the Lakes had their own particular, rather gentler beauty.

They stopped at Tebay, which he told her was a particularly good motorway services, and had a bite to eat. Then on again.

As they approached Manchester he pointed out various landmarks and told her their history, and they chatted about the industrial revolution of all things! Then he broached the subject which had been on his mind all day.

“So, Sam,” he said tentatively, “Would you like me to get you a hotel or shall I call Vicky?”

“I thought you said I could stay with you?” she said. “That offer still open?”

“Yes, of course,” he said, with evident relief, “I didn’t want to push you into it. I don’t want to crowd you.”

“I want to stay with you, Aidan,” her tone was determined. “You’ve been very good to me, and I want to be with you.”

“Sam,” he said, wondering about her intentions, “I don’t want you to think...”

“You think I want to pay you for your kindness by sleeping with you?”

“No!” he replied, a little too urgently, “I don’t think you want to. I wondered if you felt you needed to.”

“Aidan you are some man,” she said, and there was a catch in her voice. She continued after a slight pause, as if collecting herself.

“I’ve never been with a man who was so concerned with my best interests all the time. If I want to sleep with you it’ll be because I fancy you and want you for yourself. Not to pay you in kind, ok?”

“Ok,” he replied, “I just wanted...”

“Yes, that’s you all over. Relax. You’ll know exactly what I want and when I want it, because I’ll ask you nicely, but I don’t want you to do anything you don’t want to do either.”

“Good,” he said, his mind over-running with the possibilities. “We’re nearly there.”

They arrived about four in the afternoon. Aidan did all the things one does when opening a home after a two week absence: picking up the mountain of mail, opening all the windows, checking the fridge. Putting the kettle to boil. Then he showed Sam to her room, the master bedroom.

“But this must be your room,” she said.

“Vicky was using it when she was ill,” he explained, then hastened to qualify. “Don’t worry, I’ve cleaned it thoroughly! All my things are still in the second bedroom. In any case, this room is en-suite, and it’ll give you more privacy,” and he turned and went back to the kitchen before she could comment.

He made a list for the supermarket.

“Sam, I need to stock up with food. I’m nipping out to the supermarket, won’t be long.”

“Will I be in the way if I come with you?” she asked.

So they went together.

As she said on the way, “I’ll get an experience of living an ordinary English life.”

While they were travelling the aisles, Aidan’s phone rang.

It was Vicky, checking he was home, “We’ll all be at the Plough this evening. Promise you’ll come?”

“I’ll try. Just driven down from Edinburgh, so I’m tired.”

“Your new girlfriend with you?” Vicky asked with a giggle.

“She isn’t...” Aidan began, then realised she was mocking him. “Yes, Sam is here. We’re doing a food shop.”

“Aidan you simply must bring her tonight. We can’t wait to meet her.”

That was true, Aidan thought, for the staff usually met on Wednesdays, but not this week: they were turning out a day early!

Aidan looked at Sam. “D’you fancy a drink tonight? Apparently Vicky has lined up most of the office staff to meet you at our local pub.”

Sam grinned. “Sounds good,” she said.

“Ok,” Aidan said to Vicky. “but not for long; we’re going down to London tomorrow to sort out her passport.”

“Sounds serious. You can tell us all about it when you get there.”

Once the shopping was stowed away, they walked the twenty minutes to a nearby Chinese Restaurant and had a good meal. The owner knew him since Julie and he had often eaten there. The man looked surprised at Aidan’s companion, but diplomatically said nothing.

Then on to the Plough, where he located his group in a room near the back. He savoured the memory for many years after: the looks on the faces of the assembled workforce when he walked in with Sam on his arm. She seemed to have a strong effect on everyone, especially the men! There was awe, and envy.

Everyone settled down quickly enough, and Sam looked relaxed and happy. The group were cheerful and made her very welcome. Her face shone and her smiles were almost continuous. She told them of her problem and how Aidan had stepped in to help.

Aidan actually blushed and everyone laughed. The implication of the laugh was understood: Aidan was getting his reward in spades; he smugly let them think that, and the knowing look Sam gave him said that she too allowed the inference!

They were getting the 7.30am train for London, needing to take a bus ride to Manchester Piccadilly Gardens from which they would walk to the Station whence the London train would depart. So they made their farewells early and made for the door.

Aidan was happy; very, very happy. He was sure it wasn’t the beer, or at least not wholly the beer. Was it the devastating woman holding his hand? Or the admiring stares of the men in the group? Or the good conversation and Vicky’s assurances that all was well with the firm, and he could take another week off? You bet it was all those! He was on cloud nine as they approached the exit door of the pub.

Until, that is, the pub door opened as they approached it, and in walked Julie with a man, the same man Aidan had seen her with before. All the good spirits evaporated. Resentment, muted anger, or was it simply annoyance? No it was anger! He had forgotten who was holding his hand until she squeezed it. Then he smiled.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.