Good Medicine - Freshman Year - Cover

Good Medicine - Freshman Year

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 66: Second Base and a First Kiss

March 5, 1982, Circleville, Ohio

"What became of that police investigation?" Mrs. Malenkov asked when I arrived at Katy's house on Friday evening.

"Nothing so far. They haven't caught the rapist. The school added some security and started a service to walk girls to and from class or work after dark."

"Why did they check on you, specifically?"

"The suspect has brown hair and is about 5′10″ and I came into the dorm maybe an hour after it happened. At first they had reports it was a black guy, but that turned out to be wrong. When the first victim could talk to the police, she gave a description that was just as I said. But I was here, which you confirmed."

"Yes, I did. What are you doing tonight, Katy?"

"We're going to a Chinese place in Columbus."

"OK. Have a good time. Your dad and I will be at the Johnsons' until late."

"OK, Mom! Have fun!"

"Oh yes, I LIVE for these socials with bankers!" Mrs. Malenkov laughed.

"I heard that, Kat!" Mr. Malenkov called from the other room.

Katy laughed and grabbed my hand and led me to the door, then out to my car. She gave me basic directions and we set out for Columbus.

"Once a month my dad's boss has a social gathering at his house. And if you think our house is nice, well, it's nothing compared to Mr. Johnson's house. They have an indoor pool, a tennis court, a putting green, and a live-in maid and live-in butler."

"That sounds a bit excessive, don't you think?" I asked.

"If you have the money, why not use it?" Katy asked.

"I suppose. It's just hard for me to imagine having that kind of money."

"Doctors make really good money."

"Eventually," I replied.

"How was your week?"

"Pretty good. And yours?"

"The same as always. About the only excitement in my life is our Friday night date!"

"What about over the Summer?" I asked.

"How far is it from West Monroe to Circleville?"

"Almost an hour because there isn't a direct route here."

"Would you be willing to drive up on Fridays?"

"I could probably manage most Fridays, sure. There are a couple of weekends I'll be doing stuff, but mostly I'll be free."

"If it gets too late, we have a guest room you could use."

"That's good to know. Let's talk about it when we're closer to the end of the semester."

"Sure."

"You sound a bit down," I observed. "Not your usual chipper self."

"I think I'm just tired. I haven't been sleeping well this week."

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, everything is fine."

"What's bugging you?" I asked.

Katy sighed deeply, "All I can think about is being with you."

"And that's depressing?" I asked, keeping my voice light.

"No, silly!" Katy laughed. "What's depressing is NOT doing it!"

"Then I think we need to talk about what it would mean," I said.

"You aren't ready to be tied down?"

"I suppose it depends what you mean. There's a big difference between going steady and getting engaged. People have different views of what taking that step means and when they should take it, including waiting until they marry."

"But you've done it before?"

I nodded, "Yes, I have."

"But not with anyone you're seeing now?"

"No. Not with anyone I'm seeing now."

"And you want to do it with me?"

"Only if you're truly ready and we agree on what it means. Otherwise, it's setting us up for a disaster, either now or in the future."

"It sounds like it's up to me to decide for both of us."

"No, but obviously, I don't think it's something you only do with your wife after you marry. If you tell me what it means to you, then I can consider whether I can make whatever commitment it is you want."

"It's not an easy answer," she sighed. "That's why I haven't been sleeping as much as I should. I keep going over it in my mind. I WANT to do it, I'm just not sure."

"I think that's a normal reaction," I said. "I was nervous and even a bit scared."

"I thought guys just wanted to do it with anyone they could."

I laughed softly, "I'll admit that's generally a true statement, but I don't think that way. And don't you think a guy could be nervous the first time? It's a totally new thing he's never done, and he's there, naked with a girl, who expects him to know what to do and to do it right."

Katy laughed nervously, "I suppose."

"There's no need to rush, Katy. We have plenty of time. And we don't want to make a mistake."

"OK," she said.

Except for giving directions, Katy was quiet the rest of the way to the restaurant. I knew she was deep in thought about the conflict between her heart, her mind, and her body. I wondered if I'd pushed things forward too far, too fast the previous Friday, causing desires to well up in Katy that she was having difficulty controlling. I also wondered how this would change our relationship, one way or the other.

I also needed to consider what it might mean for Melody, Angie, and Tasha, which meant I would have to carefully evaluate what Katy said and be sure I could live with the ramifications of my decisions. I knew that if she expected an engagement ring to follow going to bed, then I couldn't do it under any circumstances. I wasn't ready to make that kind of commitment to anyone. If it was exclusivity, could I REALLY agree, knowing that if Angie asked me to go with her I would?

The discussion I'd had with Melody had focused on the point that Angie might NEVER come around. What had been left unsaid was that it was entirely possible her difficulties were caused by something far deeper than simply having seen her parents engaged in sex. And if that was the case, then pursuing any kind of physical or romantic relationship with her was basically a fool's errand. The problem was that I didn't know.

"Are we ordering our own, or sharing?" Katy asked after we'd been seated.

"I was planning on a purely vegetarian option," I said. "So long as you get shrimp or chicken, we can share."

"You're sure chicken is OK?"

"That was our compromise," I said. "And we don't have to share, so you can order whatever you like."

"I like sharing," she smiled.

"Order what you like, Katy."

I ordered stir fried vegetables with a spicy Szechuan sauce and after a hesitation, Katy ordered a spicy chicken dish. Katy was still quiet, but I didn't know how to even begin to talk to her about her internal struggle. I'd had my own, but I couldn't imagine what it was like from a girl's perspective.

Our food arrived and we shared as we'd discussed. We ate with minimal conversation and I was becoming more and more uncomfortable with the silence. When we finished eating, Katy offered to pay and I agreed. We walked quietly to the car and headed back to Circleville. About fifteen minutes into the drive, Katy put her left hand on my right hand which I had lightly on the shifter as I regularly needed to shift between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears on the winding, hilly road.

"I'm sorry I ruined the evening," she said quietly.

"You didn't ruin it," I said. "I enjoy being with you."

"But I haven't talked to you."

"That's going to happen sometimes, no matter what, I think. I've seen my parents quiet when they were contemplating things. I'm sure you have, too."

"Sure, but we only get to see each other once a week."

"That's true, and we also have the real potential obstacle of you going to college in eighteen months. I know it seems like a long time, but it's something we have to think about."

"You know my dad suggested MIT, Stanford, and Georgia Tech for computers. We wouldn't be able to see each other if I did that."

"That would complicate things," I agreed.

"Do you think I should go to college close by so we can keep seeing each other?"

"Can we take a half-step back?"

"What do you mean?"

"Have you decided what you want to do for a career?"

"Not really."

"I think that's the first thing you have to decide. Then you can decide what colleges are best. I guess you can afford to go anywhere you want?"

"Dad told me there were no restrictions and I could go anywhere."

"What kinds of things are you considering?"

"Computers, like you suggested. Maybe accounting. Or maybe journalism because I'm on the school paper. I could go to Ohio State for any of those, but I think my dad wants me to go to an Ivy League school."

"And what's he going to say if you decide to go to Ohio State because of me?"

Katy laughed softly, "Dad will be fine. Mom will have a cow. Remember, I told you she's the one to watch out for."

"You did mention that. Has she been a problem in the past?"

"Sort of. She didn't like either of the guys I dated last year."

"Does she like me?" I asked apprehensively.

"I think, if you'll pardon the silly lawyer joke, the jury is still out. She was concerned about the call from the police the other night, but when it was obvious you couldn't have done it because you were at the house, she chilled. You go to our church, the priest likes you, Mr. and Mrs. Sokolov like you, and you're going to be a doctor, so I think she'll be OK."

"And that would be a deciding factor?" I asked.

"Not if I loved a guy. If it was just dating, then it wouldn't be worth the hassle. It wasn't last year."

"And I am?" I laughed as I turned onto the road her house was on.

"You're the only guy who I've ever let touch me, even over my sweater," she said quietly. "What do you think?"

"That I have the benefit of the doubt, at least."

"Silly boy!" Katy laughed. "I like you. A lot. I really do."

I turned into the driveway and parked in what had become my designated spot. We got out of the car and I walked Katy to the door, and she invited me in, as she had each previous time. As usual, we took off our shoes by the front door, then walked further into the house.

"Would you like something to drink?" Katy asked.

"Sure. Whatever you're having."

"Vodka tonic?" she laughed.

"I'm driving, so that's probably a bad idea!"

"7-Up it is!" she laughed.

She went to the kitchen, got two bottles of 7-Up, and then led me up to her room. She put on some music, and we sat close together on the loveseat. We drank our soft drinks, listening to the soft music. Katy didn't say anything until we both set our bottles on the table in front of us.

"Excuse me a minute," she said.

She got up and went into her bathroom, and two minutes later, I heard the toilet flush, then water run in the sink, and then she came out and sat very close to me.

"Mike," she asked softly. "Do you want to kiss me?"

"Yes."

"And touch me?"

"Yes. But..."

She put a finger on my lips.

"Second base, OK?"

I nodded. I was surprised when she stood up and went to close the door to her room. She came back and took my hand and tugged gently. I stood up and she led me to the side of her bed.

"Katy," I said gently.

"Second base," she whispered, then climbed onto her bed on top of the quilt that covered it. I wasn't sure what was going on, but climbed on after her. We lay side-by-side on our backs for a moment, then I moved my arm and put it around Katy's shoulders. She snuggled close and put her head on my chest. We cuddled for a few minutes, and then Katy raised her head for a kiss.

We touched our lips together, and when hers parted, I slowly pressed my tongue into her mouth. Katy moaned softly and I gently pushed her onto her back. As we continued our French kiss, I slid my right hand under her sweater and was surprised to find she'd removed her bra. I ran my fingers over the bare flesh of her firm breast, then cupped it lightly, feeling her nipple press into my palm. As I caressed her, she tugged on my rugby shirt, and once it was free of my jeans, she slipped her hand inside, and ran it over my back.

We kissed and caressed each other for several minutes, then I slowly slid my hand from Katy's breast to her flat stomach and then under the waist of her jeans, my fingers slipping inside her cotton panties. I ran my fingers gently through her sparse pubic hair, and Katy broke the kiss.

"Please touch me," she begged, whispering.

We resumed our kiss, and I slid my hand further into her panties until my middle finger came in contact with her labia. I applied gentle pressure and moved my fingertip in slow circles around her most sensitive spot. Katy broke our kiss, gasping for breath.

"Just like that," she said breathlessly. "Oh ... yes ... ungh ... yes ... UNGH!"

Her body stiffened, shuddered, and then relaxed. I kissed her softly, pushed my finger further along her labia to coat it with her juices, then broke the kiss and removed my hand from her panties. I brought my finger to my lips, and she watched as I licked and sucked her juices from it.

"You like that?" she whispered.

I nodded, "I do."

We moved so we could cuddle, and Katy put her head on my chest. She ran her left hand over my chest, then down to my stomach. She paused briefly, then moved her hand over my jeans, tracing her finger along my rock-hard erection. She traced the entire length, down and up, then took a deep breath. She slipped her hand inside my jeans, then under the waistband of my briefs. Her finger came in contact with my glans and I nearly lost it right there. I twitched hard, but a few deep breaths kept things under control.

Katy repeated what she'd done before, running her fingers along my length, then grasped me and squeezed gently.

"It feels strange," she whispered. "It's both hard and soft."

She released her grasp and began exploring, gently cupping my testicles, and running her fingers along my shaft, eventually closing her thumb and forefinger around my glans, squeezing gently. I knew I couldn't last much longer and it was going to make a complete mess.

"Katy," I warned gently, "if you keep doing that, it'll get really messy."

"I want to make you feel good," she said softly.

She had, and that was the problem, especially given the limits she'd set. What I wanted was to bury myself in her, but that wasn't going to happen. Nor would I suggest 'third base' at this point, no matter how much I might want it.

"You could get tissues or a washcloth or something," I suggested.

She released me and rolled over, and pulled a scarf from her nightstand and held it up. I nodded, and she pushed it into my briefs, wrapping my erection in soft material. She moved so we could kiss, and as our tongues touched, she began gently stroking me. It didn't take long before I groaned into her mouth and shot jet after jet of semen into the scarf. Katy stroked me until I stopped twitching, then removed her hand, leaving the scarf in place. She broke the kiss and put her head on my chest again.

We lay together for about five minutes before I felt her push her hand into my briefs again. She ran her finger over my mostly flaccid shaft and glans, coating it with my fluids. She took her hand from my briefs, and I was surprised when she brought it to her lips. I watched intently as she pressed her finger into her mouth. Her face screwed up slightly, but she didn't remove her finger until it was obviously clean.

"Weird," she said.

I nodded and pulled her to me to exchange a French kiss.

"You OK?" I asked.

Katy smiled, "You have no idea..."

Actually, I had a pretty good idea, given how good she'd made me feel with just her hand and the scarf.

"I should probably clean up before your parents get home," I said.

"We still have a couple of hours," she whispered. "We could do it again."

"If you want," I said.

"I do," she sighed. "I really do."

About an hour later, we got off the bed, and I went to the bathroom to wash myself and then Katy rinsed both scarves in hot water, wrung them out, then put them in the hamper. We straightened the bed, and she lit a scented candle before going back into the bathroom to put on her bra. When she came out, we sat on the loveseat and cuddled.

"What will you do if I go away to college?" she asked.

"That's still almost eighteen months from now. I think everything depends on where we are at that point."

"I know, but..."

I had a good idea what she was thinking. She wanted to go to bed with me, but was afraid of what would happen if we were apart for four years. Truth be told, I had no clue what might happen in the next five months, let alone over five years in the future. I liked Katy, a lot. But I wasn't ready for any kind of permanent commitment. Exploring? Sure. Even going steady. But going steady with the implication that it meant marriage? Not at the point. COULD it lead there? Sure. But I wasn't ready to make that kind of commitment to anyone.

"For now, can we just take things one day, or perhaps it's better to say one week, at a time?"

Katy sighed, "I know we've only been dating two months, but I really, really like you. I've never liked anyone this much before."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.