I Didn't Know - Cover

I Didn't Know

Copyright© 2018 by The Twelfth Man

Chapter 5

I did not quite understand what Jack meant when he asked if I wanted his place. Did he mean for Virginia and Genvieve to take mine, or what?

The guy from Fox came up to see Virginia for something. From the tid-bits I heard from Brook, he got one look at Genvieve and dumped Virginia. Not only that, he suggested she no longer needed to cover any sports, she was fired. I did not find out about that part until a few days later.

Virginia came back to her old room, slamed the door and began muttering something. Blake and I heard the slammind door, looked at each other and went back to sleep. Her only comment was, “She almost lasted a whole day”.

When George from Fox suggested that he had just the spot for Genvieve, she began to laugh in his face. She may have been a fox but she valued her friends and to her Virginia was a friend. Brook said she heard loud knocking at the door, got out of bed and opened the door. In walzted Genvieve,

“Where?” she said.

Brook said she pointed to the middle bedroom. Genvieve opened it, marched in and we did not see them until noon the next day.

We were at home that Thursday. It was the last Thursday Night game and all the girls went wearing jersey on top of jersey, it was cold. They sat on cushions, wrapped wool blankets around themselves and bought Giants stocking caps for their heads. Things seemed to be somewhat back to normal.

With Jack buying the Penthouse, Brook wasn’t certain if she would stil have a job. Jack came down with Brook in-hand and we all sat down, It was a Sunday and neither Blake nor Brook had school.

Jack started: “I just wanted to tell you a few things. First, Brook, nothing has changed, I still want you to keep up both places. When your out of school you can even live in one, I told Mike mine would give him more room; that was before some things happened. I might as well tell you in-confidence; after this season I’m leaving.”

“Wow” was our group reply.

“Just between us, Monique’s Mom is sick. She is a feisty thing but it’s now hard on her to keep things running. Monique is her daughter, Genvieve is a step-sister. Monique wants to go back to France. Genie has some modeling assignments and it would cause some grief to leave New York. Her Dad is American but she was raised in France so you can see ... well maybe you can’t, but anyhow, she wants to stay here.”

For being so recluse Jack was a talking bobble-head now.

He continued. I need to come back here as well as England from time to time. Jack, Brook, Blake, you too Virginia look after Genvieve for us, please. You seem to get along with her and I know she likes you all. Here is some money to pay Brook and to keep up the taxes and apartment expenses, most are auto pay like utilities and club fees. Mike front them if this is not enough should something come up; I’ll transfer monies to your account as you need. I know Genie can be a handful but you and Paul are my only friends, and you know how Paul is Paul first.”

“Jack, you always have been a friend for me too. Genvieve has, so far, never been a problem for me, how about you three?”

“Nope!’ was the reply.

“Outside of meals and small things not much would change. Both Blake and Brook will finish High School in May so depending on where they go to College or I get traded we should stay here. Virginia may elect to get another job but that is her choice, no one is making her do that.”

“Remember, ‘Hoss” what I cautioned you about Genie. She can become ... Ehh ... a handful.”

“As far as work. Genie said something about Virginia maybe working her shoots for her. Not certain what she meant but I think the magazine people want to keep her happy. She has 4 more covers to do this year plus a possible colour spread early next year for them. I feel so sorry for Blake if she brings a houseful of models over to chat.”

I looked at Blake who had ‘THAT’ look about her.

“Well got to run and tell Monique and Genie what’s happening. No matter what or if you get traded keep this place, it keeps going up in value. Remember, I’ll only be a phone call away. OH, if Bobbie comes back, watch over her too.”

Then he left. Brook said: “What did he mean by all that?”

“I think he meant for you girls to take Genvieve shopping and to send him the bills!”

I got more than one look then a bunch of hits. I myself was not sure about everything Jack was saying, especially about Bobbie.

“It’s a beautiful day today, let’s do that, take Genie shopping, I don’t care to pay, Mike has an envelope full of cash, it is our duty to lighten his load,” From Blake.

I called Jack on the phone. “You did it, the girls are getting Genvieve and going shopping. By the way, you, my friend, are getting this bill. Your penance for leaving Genvieve for me to handle; thanks!”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.