Resolution With a Redhead
Chapter 20

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

We arrived and all was well and had been quiet. Melody, Tracy, and Amanda were excited to hear that we were engaged now. Supper was a happy meal. Carl even managed to congratulate me.

After supper, we went to “our” couch in the common room.

We kissed and held each other. The week sped by. Friday afternoon, we got in my wagon and I drove us to the home of my parents. We pulled in and were met by both. Dad had gotten off early. I had emailed them to let them know that we were engaged now.

Dad spun Agnes around in a hug. “I’m glad you’re going to marry my son. You make him look so much better when you’re beside him.”

“That’s the place for my Viking. I love your son.”

My mother grinned. “That’s a good thing. It makes the first part of marriage much easier.”

Agnes smiled impishly. “What makes it easier later?”

My mom blushed. “No comment.” Dad and I laughed some.

Dad asked, “When are you going to get this young lady a ring?”

“We looked a little this week but saw nothing she liked. I thought we might go to Gerald’s tomorrow and see what they might have. I want to get something to mark her officially.”

Agnes said, “I’m thinking about getting one for his nose.” My parents laughed and then, looking at my face, laughed some more. We had a great supper. Agnes was given the bedroom next to mine though it didn’t have a connecting door. It was late when we went to bed. I undressed and slipped into my bed. Fifteen minutes or so later, Agnes slipped through the door which she opened. She removed some clothing and joined me in bed wearing only panties. Her body felt fantastic next to mine. We slept entwined. She woke early, put on her clothing and left for her room.

A little bit later, we got up and met in the kitchen. Mom joined us shortly and had us help her start breakfast. “Did you two sleep well last night.”

Agnes fielded this ball. “Yes, Ma’am. At least, I did. The bed was comfortable and the house is warm emotionally.”

Fortunately, Mother didn’t ask any further questions. I didn’t want to lie but didn’t want to answer either. I think Agnes felt the same. She did give me a small smile.

We helped with breakfast and Agnes asked many questions. It was as though she wasn’t a good cook. I had watched her with her mother and knew better. It was then I noticed that the questions were more on my likes and dislikes rather than basic cooking information. After one question, my mom looked at her questioningly.

Agnes said, “I’m going to be marrying my Viking. I want to know what he likes and how he likes it cooked.” She grinned. “I don’t want him to starve. He’ll need his strength.”

Mother wisely refrained from asking about what I would need strength to do.

Dad joined us for breakfast and we ate an enjoyable meal. After we finished, my parents were headed out to grocery shop. We left in my car to go by the bank for me to move my money. I didn’t know exactly how much but looking at the jewelry stores close to the campus gave me a pretty good idea. I would need the rest that I moved for expenses through Christmas. We went to the local jewelry store and began to look at rings. Surprisingly, the selection was quite good. It wasn’t long before Agnes picked one out that she liked. It was a complete set It was no more expensive than the engagement rings we had seen before. I bought it and slipped the ring on Agnes’ finger. It fit perfectly! The wedding rings fit, too. We left with Agnes wearing her ring and the box with the wedding rings in my pocket.

We went to the grocery store where Agnes showed off her ring to my mother and two of her friends who were also shopping. One husband was there. He congratulated me on my gorgeous fiancé.

I agreed. “On top of her looks, she’s on the college volleyball team and on a merit scholarship. We have a number of classes in common and enjoy spending time with each other.” My Dad and he chuckled about that.

We hung out with my parents while they finished their shopping. I followed Dad’s car home and helped carry groceries inside. Agnes helped Mom put them up. My father was taking us all to dinner tonight to celebrate the official engagement.

We dressed for dinner. Agnes said, “Make it fancy, Eric.” I even wore a tie. I’m glad I did. Agnes was wearing a dress!

It was a deep red that showed some cleavage and lots of leg because it was quite short. Her heels matched the dress. She didn’t just look hot. She looked incandescent! She walked into the living room where we waited and I gasped, Dad whistled, and Mom clapped. Mom said, “Now, that’s a dress!”

Dad said, “Agnes, you are looking beautiful for your Viking tonight.”

Agnes looked at me. “Am I okay?”

“Agnes, you are always okay. You in that dress are way beyond that. I wish I were wearing a tux rather than just a coat and tie. You look fantastic.”

We left in Dad’s car. Walking into the restaurant caused a quiet commotion. Young women with Agnes’ beauty and dressed as she was rarely were present in our small town. It may be more common in Atlanta but not out here. Her classy look caught most everyone’s attention. We were seated and the background noise resumed. We were given menus. Dad ordered wine and four glasses. Our server looked at Agnes and me. Dad said, “Mark, it will be okay for this one time. It’s a special celebration for Eric. Agnes has agreed to marry him.”

He smiled. “Mister Daniels, he’s a lucky man. Miss Agnes, you are quite beautiful.”

I nodded and said, “I think so.”

Dinner was great and the wine good. We each had about half a glass. We didn’t hurry over our meal enjoying it all. Finally, we returned to Dad’s car and were conveyed back to the house. Agnes went into her room and changed clothes to wear shorts and a tee shirt. I changed into the same type outfit. We snuggled together on the sofa. Agnes smiled, “This couch is more comfortable than the one in the common room.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.