Resolution With a Redhead - Cover

Resolution With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 19

Shortly thereafter, we left for town with Aaron in the back seat of my wagon. It wasn’t far and Agnes had me park in front of a farm store. Then, she gave the list to Aaron and said, “Aaron, take the list and get the stuff on it. Put it in the back of Eric’s wagon. I’m taking him walking.”

I think Aaron wanted to protest but he didn’t. He went inside the store and we walked along the sidewalk holding hands. We hadn’t gone fifty feet when we had two girls walk toward us.

One of them, a blond, said, “Agnes, who is this. He’s not local.”

“No. Eric is from my college. He enters decathlons. We don’t have football at the college, though he played in high school.”

“He’s hot.” The other girl nodded.

Agnes smiled. “I think so, too. He’s also smart.”

The blond said, “That’s not a requirement.”

Agnes grinned. “No, but it will help some after we’re married.” She hugged my arm with her free hand. The two girls said their good byes and went on as did we.

“Agnes, what do you want me to do.”

“Just be my strong, silent Viking.”

I smiled. “Okay, dear lady.”

We walked on some more. Agnes met a couple about the age of her parents. The woman said, “Agnes, you’re looking good. Who is your young man?”

“He’s Eric, my personal Viking. We go to college together.”

“He’s not bad, not bad at all.” She smiled. “Tell your mother we said hello.”

“Okay, Aunt June. Bye.”

The next meeting was not too good. A guy about our age walked up to us and made to push me as he went by. My only response was to not be pushed. I’m not heavy but I am strong. I think he was surprised that I didn’t brush aside. He stumbled off balance. “Hey, watch where you’re walking.”

I said, “I was. You made an effort to bump into me.”

“Look, pretty boy. You don’t own the sidewalk.”

“That’s true. Neither do you.”

He made a fist and stepped back for room. Agnes released my hand. I let him swing. I used his momentum to send him sprawling. He was now mad and out of control. He came at me again. This time, I hit him in his gut folding him over. He was heading for the ground and I sped his motion with my judo chop to his neck. He landed fairly hard.

I looked at Agnes, “Dear lady, do I hurt him some more or just leave him here for trash pickup?”

“Just leave him on the ground.” I nodded, took her hand, and we walked on.

We went around the town square. I noticed that he was gone when we returned to the farm store. Aaron was standing there with another guy and two different girls. The girls looked interested but not in me.

Agnes said, “Is everything loaded, Aaron?”

“Yeah, Sis.” He looked at me. “Did you level Larry?”

“I guess so. He brushed by me and I don’t brush very easily. When he swung on me, I hit him. I don’t know why he was looking for trouble but he found it.”

“Larry fancies himself as a real ladies’ man though no ‘lady’ would ever have anything to do with him. He has always been interested in Sis who won’t even talk to him.”

Agnes said, “He’s just a cowardly rapist. I’ve never liked him. Now, I’ve got a real man and am even less interested if that’s possible.”

Aaron just shrugged. We got into my wagon and left for the farm. Once there, Aaron and I unloaded. As we worked, we talked.

“Eric, what are your intentions toward my sister?”

“I love Agnes. I think we might be getting married this summer or sooner if we can figure out a way. We both want to get our degrees and, despite the emotion, are fairly practical people. It’s doable but not easily.”

“Little Jimmy and I love her and don’t want her hurt. I was a bit nervous about her walking the streets this afternoon though she’s pretty good at martial arts. You seem able to protect her.” He grinned. “Sometimes, leading my sister means running fast enough to stay out front.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.