Resolution With a Redhead - Cover

Resolution With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 15

I woke to my alarm and cleaned up to meet Agnes at her dorm. I got there just as she was getting off the elevator.

In the middle of the common room, we embraced and kissed each other. “My personal Viking, are we going to eat breakfast and go to church together?”

“Yes, dear lady. I look forward to all that.” Agnes was a vision in an ivory pants suit with a deep emerald colored blouse. She looked great. We went to the front door holding hands and looked for my parents. They drove up moments later and we went out to meet them. The four of us walked to the cafeteria together. Dad paid for Mom’s and his while Agnes and I used our meal cards.

Breakfast was good. Mom said, “You two seem to be in good spirits this morning.”

Agnes smiled, “My personal Viking is accompanying me to church where I will praise God for bringing us together bringing joy to each other. My dreams have been of him and, therefore, sweet.”

“Donna, they’re in the stage of maudlin sentiment. Little we say won’t result in one of them praising the other. We’ll have to watch their tunes in a couple of months after the ‘new’ has worn off.”

“Dad, I’m not sure the ‘new’ will ever wear off. You still care for Mom the same way you always have. I’m just emulating a good example.”

Agnes grinned. “He’s so good, too.”

Dad never ventured into such a swamp and Mom obviously didn’t feel the necessity this morning. We finished our meals in peace. The two couples of us were facing along a longer table. Agnes and I were leaning into each other frequently as we ate.

When the meal was over, I went for more coffee bringing the pot back and topping off each cup. Only Mom added anything to her coffee. Mom said, “You drink your coffee straight?”

Agnes responded, “If it needs sweetening, I just have Eric stir it with a finger.” She smiled at Mom innocently.

Mom said, “Son, she is a keeper. She’s sharp. Just don’t let her see the real you when your knuckles drag the ground.” Mom and Agnes grinned at each other.

When it was time, the four of us left for the church with Agnes giving accurate, simple directions. It was just another example of her smarts. I was proud that she liked me.

We arrived in time for Sunday school and found our classes. Agnes and I joined the college aged group which had a few from town and some from our college. It was a good class taught by a professor from our college who was a permanent member of the church.

We met my parents to go to the sanctuary for the main service. It was enjoyable with Agnes by my side. I was put on the spot to introduce my parents and Agnes thanks to an elbow from Agnes when the pastor announced that it was time for introductions of guests. I said, “Good morning. I’m a student at the college. With me are my parents, Fred and Donna Daniels. Also with me is my future fiancé, Agnes Stover.” I sat down to a quiet buzz. Agnes and Mom gave me long looks.

Agnes stayed close to me through the service holding my hand. When the service was over, she quietly rounded on me. “What do you mean, ‘future fiancé?’”

“I haven’t asked you to marry me yet but I plan to do that when the time is right.”

My parents simply smiled. I thought their silence was eloquent.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.