Resolution With a Redhead - Cover

Resolution With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 9

We ate lunch with our friends. It was fun. As we were walking to Agnes’ history class, I received a phone call. It was from the District Attorney’s office notifying me that there was going to be a hearing Friday over Mike’s death.

I asked what was the purpose of the hearing. I was told that it was to determine whether or not charges would be filed against Miz Stover for murder and myself for assault and battery. I asked if we should obtain legal representation since we had only protected ourselves from attacks. I was told that we should bring witnesses to present our side as well as having an attorney present to represent our interests.

I asked where and what time Friday this would all take place. I was told that the hearing would be in courtroom number one at nine o’clock. I said that I was with Miz Stover and we would be there with witnesses including the campus police.

The person was a bit happily surprised but managed to get off the phone. I wasn’t happy. Agnes asked me what was going on. I said, “I believe Make’s father or someone he knows is trying to do something. There’s a hearing Friday to determine if charges should be filed against us!”

Agnes wasn’t happy about the coming situation. I said, “Agnes, we need to get Tracy, Amanda, and Melody for sure. I think we should take this seriously. I’m calling my father after these two classes and see what he says. He’s the District Attorney for our county. He’ll know what to do. We’ll go to class and I’ll meet you in your common room after my history class.

Of course, the two classes seemed endless. Geography and then history did finally end. As I was leaving my history class, I sat on a bench and called my dad. “Hi, Dad. It’s Eric. I may need you professionally.”

“What’s happening, Son?”

“Do you remember the two run-ins that Agnes and I had with Melody’s boyfriend and his buddy?”

“Yes.”

“I received a call from the local D.A.’s office that Friday there will be a hearing to determine if they are going to file charges against Agnes for murder and me for assault and battery.”

“Son, that’s highly irregular.”

“I thought so, too. However, Make’s father is the police chief where he’s from. Apparently, he knows people here because Mike was released with no charges being filed though Melody did file a complaint with the campus police. I’m worried that someone is pushing and there might be trouble. It sounds irregular to me. I think someone was trying to warn us.”

“I think you’re right and right to be concerned. I’m going to drive over tomorrow evening and will be present for the hearing. Don’t say anything about who I am if you get another call. I think someone will get an unpleasant surprise Friday morning. Do be sure everyone you know who saw things will come Friday morning. It could be important.”

“Yes, sir. I will do that. If you brought Mom, you two could meet Agnes Thursday evening. You’ll like her. She will be nervous about meeting you but it needs to happen. It’s a bit fast but that’s okay.”

“Okay, Son. I’ll talk to your mother tonight. Unless she has something special going on, I expect she will be with me. Regardless, I would like to meet her. She sounds like someone we would like.”

“Yes, Sir. She is. She’s sharp in all ways.”

“I’ll call you later tonight.”

“Okay, Son. We’ll talk then. Bye.”

“Bye, Dad.”

I had been walking slowly toward Agnes’ dorm. I got off the phone as I came in front of the dorm. I went inside to find Agnes waiting for me with Melody, Tracy, and Amanda. I smiled. “Hi, dear lady.”

She grabbed me in a hug and kissed me hard. Tracy murmured, “Way to go, Agnes.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.