Resolution With a Redhead - Cover

Resolution With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 2

I entered the next-door girls’ dorm and immediately saw Agnes. She was wearing sneakers and shorts. I smiled. “Hi, Agnes. You look good this evening. Would you like to walk?”

“That sounds good, Eric. Thanks, and thanks for coming over.”

“I enjoyed talking to you earlier. That’s why I called. I’m just glad I could help out. I guess you aren’t a big-time TV watcher either?”

“No. I really don’t care for pro football and that’s what is on, too. Mike had showed up at our room. He’s rough on Melody and leers at me. I don’t like either of those things. I wanted to get out of the room. Out of the building works, too.” We left the dorm and were walking along one of the many walks on campus. We walked for a bit and then she sat down on a bench.

I sat with her. “Agnes, tell me about yourself.”

She looked at me for a moment and then shrugged. “My folks are rather old-fashioned. I grew up on a farm. Dad taught me how to drive anything. This summer, it was mostly a tractor. In high school, I was considered a nerd and a tall, skinny girl with glasses. I had laser treatment for my eyes but I’m still a nerd, I guess. You know I’m here on a volleyball scholarship and a merit scholarship. I’ll major in business and volleyball.

“What about you, Eric?”

I grew up in a smaller town east of here. I played all sports but never really liked football or basketball. Our school didn’t have volleyball or soccer. It did have track and field and I enjoyed those and am pretty good. Decathlon is my main sport. I’m a nerd, too. You know I’m on scholarships for sport and for grades. I’ve never driven a tractor but my old car is a stick shift.

“How did you get named Agnes?”

She gave a little grimace. “It is different, isn’t it?” I nodded. “I’m named for my paternal grandmother. She died before I could really remember anything about her though my parents say she was proud to have me named after her. I have two younger brothers who have more normal names. From everything I’ve been told, she was a real ball of fire and her hair was the same color as mine. I’ve learned to live with it.”

I thought a moment. “I remember that Agnes comes from the Greek and means pure or holy. It’s a different name but I like it.”

“Eric, when did you study Greek?”

“I was in middle school and wanted to read the Bible in its more original language. I’m not much on speaking it but can read it fairly well. It allowed me to speak with authority at Sunday school when asked.” I grinned. “It did make the Iliad and the Odyssey much more interesting. The originals are more lyrical and a bit racy. It gave me a chance to write some interesting reports that were difficult to challenge.” I grinned some more.

She grinned back. “I’ve never heard of anyone who knew anything about my name. That was interesting. I’m glad to listen and to talk with you.”

“You’re glad? I’m thrilled to have a beautiful, smart lady to talk to and listen to. Your voice is entrancing.”

“I don’t think Mike found it that way when I turned him down.”

I exclaimed, “He had Melody! She sounded both slavish and fearful of him. I would hope no one ever feels that way about me.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.