Mr. Rogers' Research
Chapter 72

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Everything took longer than I thought it should. It was two weeks till Christmas when I got the message from Eddie. I had aimed for being finished with the screen play before Eddie called. I had worried every day during the two previous weeks that I wouldn’t get it done before he called, but somehow we managed it. There were even a couple of days between helping Janet finish Tory the cop, and the call from Eddie the criminal.

“So Mica, I got a drug wholesaler who wants out, what can we do for him. Who do we want him spilling his guts to.”

“God Ed, I don’t know. I’m thinking the FBI, but I want to put him into protective custody until the Gmen get their bureaucratic asses in gear. As far as anyone is concerned he just a John Doe assault suspect or something.

“It would be better right now if we call him a terrorist bomb maker. We won’t have to say shit to anyone else. Are you going to stay out of it?” She asked.

“I’d love to, but it ain’t gonna happen,” I said. I handed her Agent Wilkes card, which I had kept in my wallet for over half a year. “Call this jerk from my burner phone. Tell him only what is necessary to get him to bring a team down here quick.”

“Then tell him, I have a plan.” I gently demanded.

Wilkes didn’t like my plan when he first heard it. After a while, he came to hate it. His team was sworn to secrecy. So the week before Christmas, at 2AM, they made a traffic stop. At that time a fake Eddie Archer got out of the car gun blazing. There was a gun fight where the fake Eddie archer was shot several times.

From that point on, it was an illusion. Just like a TV script complete with dash cam footage. It was up to the FBI to shut down the news coverage after that. The Fibbies started the rumor about the terrorist bomb maker. As far as the world knew the FBI had tried to execute an arrest warrant, and it went terribly wrong. There wasn’t even a deal in place when they rushed Eddie Archer off to a cabin in the mountains of North Carolina.

Before the sun came up some kind of deal was in place. Thia’s old flame represented her John Doe client quite well I was told. She and I both were waiting when the FBI brought Eddie Archer into the Beachwood Lodge. It was not available to rent period. It was part of a top secret holding facility for the FBI’s biggist MVP’S.

Beachwood Lodge was the place where Eddie was debriefed over the Christmas holiday. He made only a tiny ripple in the media storm of Christmas. Eddie spilled his guts for five straight days without a break. Not only did the FBI have his story but he gave them information that allowed them to break into the Data files of the drug ring. There weren’t many files, but the FBI pieced together enough actionable information to create the largest coordinated drug raid in history.

The drug operation was in such disarray that it took them a month to shut down and change things to avoid the FBI and DEA raids. It seemed that by the end of January they had figured out that something was wrong. The FBI leaked Eddie’s autopsy photos to the state law enforcement people to get them off the trail. Along with the photo was the new story that there was a digital file on his person that led to the raids. The law dogs, according to the information leaked, had made that car stop on a tip. They were expecting a bomber which is why the massive overkill.

That story, when leaked to the drug ring, led to a search for whoever the rat was. Of course there was no rat, so the drug guys chased their tails while the Gmen. Broke down the big time drug operation into pieces which were easy to destroy.

By the time all the information was recovered and acted upon the whole months of January and most of February were gone. I expected to be held with Eddie until his interrogations were complete. Thia’s ex did not. A federal judge interceded with the local judges to postpone her cases until further notice. Thia’s tame lawyer called her paralegal on various untraceable phones to keep the office going.

.

The FBI arranged to pay her bills for the two months she was locked away in the Beachwood Lodge. The woman, young enough to be my daughter, was attractive enough in a masculine way. She was more interested in the two female FBI agents than in me.

I was shocked when she took daily walks with Mikah and me. She missed the middle of the day walks, but she was in for the early morning and later afternoon walks. The FBI allowed me to carry my 22mag and the walking stick for protection. I never needed either, but they did make me feel better.

The lawyer was named June. Everyone just called her that, so there was never any confirmation of her name. June asked me early on if Thia, and I were involved sexually. I politely told her to ask Thia that question not me. From that point on we got along. I didn’t ask her about the interviews of Eddie and she asked only harmless questions about Thia.

She, Eddie, and I started eating together after the first week. Since we each knew that we were being taped nothing much was said. After almost two months Eddie said, “I asked the guards, if I could go on the nature walks with you two. They are discussing it with DC.”

Then he added with a laugh. “I think that they can’t take a piss unless it is approved by DC.”

“Try not to communicate with them any more than necessary. You don’t want to be mentioned in anything going through that sieve,” I said.

Eddie just nodded, then added. “They decided that they could arrange it, if we agreed to two armed guards tagging along. That would mean it would be me, you, Tripod, June, and two FBI agents at least.” he said. “So what do you think.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.