Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 64

I awoke the next morning feeling pretty good. I guessed it was because I had something to do. It would be waiting for me after my walk through the neighborhood. So after pills wash down with a couple of ounces of chocolate milk, Mikah and I took off for our walk. Every thing was fine till we got back to the car wash. Just before I stepped on to the parking lot Mikah growled quietly, then I noticed her hair was standing up around her neck. I reached into my pocket and removed the .22mag and I also flipped the entrenching tool open so it would be lethal. The man in a black swat uniform stepped out from the dark shadow of the building. I knew where there is one of those pricks, there were usually ten more.

I put down the magnum slowly and carefully. Then I dropped the walking stick. “Gee you guys take those parking tickets seriously,” I said.

“This is bad,” the black man said.

“It could be worse, you could be here to collect on Hammer’s contract,” I said.

“Who said we are not,” Wilkes asked.

“Those three Cameras. If you were, they would be gone or damaged,” I said.

“You really are a smart ass,” He said. I just shrugged my shoulders.

“So we meet at last,” he said. I had been wrong about the number of players. Wilkes brought only the one back up trooper. I assumed it was part of the federal budget crunch.

“So, about that chat?” I asked.

“So, why did you think you could avoid me?” he asked.

“Let me get to my computer,” I said moving toward the door. I did manage to secure my revolver and entrenching tool, before I moved inside the house. The single black agent in the FBI fatigues kept a close eye on me for Wilkes.

I sat down at my full sized laptop, as opposed to my Acer over the road laptop. The couple of years older Acer refurbish model was a more compact size for the WIFI coffee bars. The Thicker heavier HP model, had more ram memory so I could stream movies and TV not to mention News articles much more easily. Of course there was also enough ram even on the Acer to stream the Audio file. Still I used the HP that morning to stream the file.

“I won’t bore you with the details, but this audio file is set to run automatically upon my death.” I started the steaming software. My name is Ed Rogers of Roger’s Research. I have been contracted by the FBI for the last few months as a cutout. They used me so that a highly wanted and dangerous criminal could be kept in play. This criminal gave up another dangerous criminal.”

The video went on to describe the things each of them had done. Then it played the Audio of Agent Gray Stones admission that he was planning to shoot me from the top of a hill at a fake dead drop from Hammer. It detailed how I guessed that the hit was on. Then Gray Stone shot himself in the head after the confession.

“This tape will go to every news outlet’s email, if anything happens to me. The anything includes murder, accidents, mysterious diseases, any untimely deaths. You also have to know that I’m a researcher, so I have a packet of names and dates that go along with my story.” After I played the tape I clicked on the block which read scrub. A millisecond later it was gone.

“There are a hundred just like it,” I said.

“You are bluffing,” Wilkes said.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, “Why the hell would I do that. I will burn the FBI down, if you come after me, my family, or others involved in this cluster fuck. Believe it. Your best option is to forget I exist.”

Wilkes left and I hoped I had seen the end of him, at least for a while. I took my shower while shaking even under the hot water. No sane man wanted to go to federal prison. Death was a more likely scenario, but I wasn’t quite ready for that yet. Maybe soon, but not quite yet.

After my shower and the late breakfast, Mikah took a nap while I continued to work on the current TV project. The script needed the team to start practicing for a big drug raid. Anything to show some movement, I thought.

Tory: “When I give the order to go, I want to see that door down within five seconds. If it’s a wooden door, use the breach gun, but if it’s a steel door use the shape charges,” she demanded. “When we get in the house ignore the product and the money. Take down the dealers and the muscle. Use only the amount of force necessary to do the job, but you are authorized to use all the force needed to prevent injuries. Now lets do it.”

Switch to the raid sequence. Only after its over does the audience see that it was a practice raid.

The team is assembled to view the video tape of the raid.

Tory: Harold do you and Burke anticipate any problems with Diverting the traffic around the strike site.

Harold: Not if we are given the man power and intelligence. If we move in quick and block the access roads, you guys should be good to go. We will also block the egress of any vehicles. We will probably need the highway patrol to block all the roads in and out.

Tory: We do not want any looky-loos injured during that twenty minutes when we are hot.

Burke in a whisper: Hot?

Harold: When the take down is in progress. She has been watching to many Bruce Willis movies.

Tory: Traffic control, is there something you want to share with the rest of us? (She waits a couple of seconds) I thought not.

You get the idea. I spent the day between fixing and eating TV dinners and making rewrites on the script. I hated doing it and decided this was the only one I was doing alone. That is if the scrip wasn’t a steaming pile of crap when I finished it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.