Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 62

Mikah and I prowled the streets and alleys of Triboro like a homeless couple. During the next three weeks the only things that got added to our walk schedule was, that the Metro was fixed for a total of three hundred and twenty four dollars, and Janet picked up her shit. Oh yeah I had to got to Walmart for food and other crap.

Two weeks into the three week drought I took a look at my available funds. I found a problem I never thought I would have during my whole life time. I found that there was way too much money in my real bank accounts.

Jon’s high school graduation was a day away when I asked his mom “What does he really wanted?”

“He wants a brand new car. One that no one else has driven,” She informed me.

“Has he been a careful and thoughtful driver so far?” I asked.

“He has, but dad that is way too much to give him,” Thia said.

“I was thinking more of a loan. One with all the bells, whistles, crossed t’s and dotted i’s. Set him a top end limit for the car, then let him pick it out. I’ll put up the money, but you will have to handle the loan. You know to make sure he pays it.”

“How about this instead, you give him the down payment for the car as a present, but don’t tell him that you are making the loan. That way he won’t skip a car payment just so he can go to the beach one weekend.” She suggested. “Dad, kids aren’t like they were when you picked out my first car for me and paid for it. Now it’s all about them.”

“Well he drove a junker the first couple of years, so he already done his time in with a ‘just transportation’ car. Okay though on the loan. He doesn’t need to know it’s me putting up the money. What’s his plan for after high school?” I asked.

“Of all things, he wants to be a cop. Go figure,” she said.

“Not here I hope,” I replied. I was secretly proud of him.

“No, I have convinced him to go to the community college until Effie graduated form high school, then they can decide what to do next together,” she said.

“In that case he is going to need the new and reliable car. You know he could go into medicine during that first year. You know get all the academics over with, then take the emergency medicine degree like you did.” I said.

“Yeah finish his Paramedic degree then walk into a job most anywhere. I’ve got the whole two years until he is old enough to be a cop. I’ll work on him,” she said.

“Okay that’s our plan then. The payback on the loan is up to you. I’m kissing it off when I make the bank transfer, it up to you what you do with the payments.”

After I finished with the car pay off, and the income tax on the money, it came to almost thirty grand for the sporty, but still small family looking SUV.

Thia and Ray footed his first years insurance on it. He chose the very high rated Honda small SUV. Thia and Ray worked out the financing through me of course.

Ray wasn’t happy but he allowed me to do it. I explained to Ray that I had the money, and it would be going to him soon anyway. What I didn’t tell him was that I didn’t even have to move the gray funds around, or sell off any gold. All the money from the TV shows collecting dust in my clean money accounts was more than enough to buy the car. However it didn’t leave me the large buffer, I once had. I know I’m weird, but I actually looked forward to pinching pennies again.

I got to play poor homeless old man again. I began milking it again instantly. Jon couldn’t know, but Thia could. I had only about eight grand left in my US bank. I used that as an excuse to put off buying anything she though I needed. I also used it as an excuse to avoid the reconstructive surgery on my hip.

I avoided the surgery, not because of the expense or the pain. I avoided it because I would be helpless for at least two weeks. I would be either in a rehab hospital, or it would be a drain on my resources at home. Not financial, I would simply end up running out of favors. When the hip got so bad I had to do the surgery, it wouldn’t be any worse than it would be if I did it the next day.

I pretty much had my ducks in a row, when I went to Jon’s graduation being held in the county’s sports area. I enjoyed seeing him walk across the stage. I enjoyed seeing Thia and Mica being nice to each other. Even though it was visibly forced. Mica did find a moment to ask me, “Do you still want to have dinner with me?”

“Of course, I am just not going to beg,” I said with a laugh.

“Since Ray and Thia are being nice how about tonight. I know Effie wants to be with Jon at his party, and I don’t want to be there.”

“Okay, I don’t have any plans,” I said.

“Are you okay, I see you are walking with the cane again,” she commented.

“It’s the weather, I’m fine,” I said.

“I’m not so sure, but okay,” she said.

I had a message on the cell, when I turned it on after Jon’s graduation. It was from the FBI. I returned it sitting in parking lot of the arena. “Wilkes, what the fuck do you want?” I asked.

“We have been messaging you for a month it’s about time you answered. We need to meet, I’m going to be your new handler,” he demanded.

“Handler my ass, we are through,” I said.

“I think not,” he said.

“I think so,” I said as I turned him off.

The ceremony had begun at 5PM or there about. I was in the parking lot at 7PM, sitting in my Accent with a far away stare after my talk with Wilkes. I wasn’t even thinking about working for the FBI, I was thinking about how to blow them off.

“How about, I meet you are your house,” Mica suggested.

“Now,” I asked.

“Yes unless you planned to chaperon Jon’s party,” she suggested.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.