Mr. Rogers' Research
Chapter 53

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

My plan for the time between the dossier hitting the web, and therefor became public knowledge, was to simply run. Find a good spot and wait for the other shoe to fall. After that happened, then go home and deal with the fallout. I just needed to know when the other shoe would fall.

“So Janet, it’s time for a short vacation. How about a trip to the beach?” I asked.

“Just the two of us how romantic,” she said sarcastically.

“Actually I was thinking about Thia as well,” I suggested.

“Have you thought she might not want to come,” Janet asked. “If I am going to be along.”

“When she I kid, it is true that she was terrible at sharing her toys. I can remember that in play school, her mother had to go in to the conferences expecting to hear that. She was never, ever disappointed.” I admitted.

“If you are saying what I think you are saying, then let me tell you. You are too old to be a boy toy,” she explained.

“Maybe, but do you want to come along for the ride, or not?” I asked.

“You know I do, my new screen play depends on it. Not to mention I like your company and hers,” she admitted.

I made the call in front of Janet. “Thia this is dad. Call me it’s kind of important,” I said into her voice mail.

I had worked the plan out in my mind while doing my early morning walk around the track at the local high school with Mikah. We started hiking there that very morning, and I planned to keep it up until the emergency was over. The advantage was that the bad guys would have to drive to the track in the dark. Just like we did. There was a good chance that the car lights would tip us off. Not that I expected any assassin worth his salt would be up that early in the morning. There was no advantage to doing the noon walk at the school. There would just be too much risk of collateral damage.

We checked the national news and found that Hammer and Super Pimp were all over the news. Our news drop onto Janet’s blog had been enough to trigger the shit flow overnight. The drop also went to Super Pimp, and Hammer at the same time. Not only that, it, no doubt, had poisoned the jury pool.

It looked as thought Hammer was going to be prosecuted as well as Super Pimp. That left the two of them either sharing a bed, or the whore war that I had predicted was on. I wanted to be out of town and “On the Lamb” as Janet described it. I planned a three day surveillance of the empty car wash. I hoped that it was enough.

What I really expected was an armistice. Hammer, Super Pimp and I would co-exist until the trails all ended. Then all bets were off. That would be years from that moment. The only reason for the out of town trip was to anticipate a knee jerk reaction. Being lost for a while would give everyone time for cooler heads to win the murder argument. At least it was what I hoped would happen.

“Whats the emergency,” Thia asked,

“Didn’t you watch the news today?” I asked in return.

“I haven’t had time. Why?” she asked.

“I poked the bear, and it is likely to be dangerous around town for a day or two, while the bad guys work out whose to blame, and what if anything they can do about it. So here is the deal I’m taking Janet and getting out of town. If you want to bring Jon and have a week off, it’s on me.”

“You know I can’t take Jon out of school on a maybe. The first strike won’t be aimed at us,” she said.

“Janet and I would feel better if you at least sent him to Ray’s house for a few days. Then you come to the beach with us. The bad guys know who you are, and can find you. Them getting hold of you would be disastrous for both of us,” I suggested.

“Okay then I’ll choose plan be from outer space. I’ll tell Ray just that you need me for a few days to watch your ass. Then I’ll come down to the beach and meet you on the pier after work tonight. Now put Janet on the line.” she demanded.

The two of them talked a few minutes and Janet took notes on my tablet. When she broke the connection, she said, “We have to go shopping on the way out of town.”

“She is leaving straight from work?” I asked.

“Yes and like a true daughter of yours, she wants you to buy her some jean and other stuff at Walmart,” Janet suggested.

“After our noon walk we went right to her car and headed to the beach. We did make a stop in Durham NC for even more of her clothes. She also brought her clothes which needed to be washed, dried, and folded. Being on the lamb with two women was definitely going to be complicated.

Since I had to load a bag filled with Mikah’s kibble and canned lamb and rice wet dog food it was really being on the lamb with three women. I even had a bag of her toys.

When we got to the Durham motel with her efficiency apartment, It appeared to be very nice. I knew that for now it was mostly students and casual employees, but in a couple of years, it would be a welfare motel. It was just the natural progression of things.

I waited in the car while she loaded her things in an empty black trash bag. She had one of those, and a back pack already in the trunk of her car. I expected it to be only a three day trip, but since I wasn’t sure I had allowed her some extra stuff. Next she went into Walmart while I stayed outside.

All my firearms were legal, but I didn’t want a security guard to check me or Janet.

We didn’t need the unwanted attention. That is why I made her leave her pistol in the car with me. If she needed to do it, I was confident that she could kick any rent a cop’s ass, A half hour after I had dropped her, she came out with three large plastic bags and a handful of money. It was my change from a hundred dollar bill. I had no idea what she had bought inside the big box, and I didn’t care.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.