Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 51

“Janet closed her cell phone and then said, “I just spoke to Mike in the office of Durham Coop. He said that as long as I’m working on a script based on your adventures. He wants first chance to produce them. So it looks like we are 50/50 partners going forward.”

“Good your fifty percent of the new room will run about 3K,” I said.

“You are seriously think that you are going to charge me for a renovation to your house?” Janet asked.

“Fuckin A, as you say. You wanted your own bedroom,” I suggested.

“I never asked for a bedroom. I just asked for a better bed than your sofa,” she said with a smile.

“Like hell, you asked for a room, but okay then I’ll just charge you rent. Say three hundred a month,” I replied.

“Fine, then what can I charge you for saving your ass from Gray Stone,” she asked.

“Okay, I’ll give you a month’s rent,” I said.

“Yeah three hundred bucks seems to be a fair price for your life,” she said with a smile. “So when do I get to meet your daughter and Mica.”

“If you are lucky never,” I said.

“Okay, when does Jess start work,” she asked.

“He is going to start work tomorrow. He should be done by next Wednesday. Well that’s his plan anyway,” I explained.

“Okay, then I will pay this months rent with ass,” she stated.

“Sorry my daughter would not like that,” I said.

“So act like I’m Mica and don’t tell her,” Janet said. “It’s really none of her business is it. Besides I might just do her, since you told that FBI person she was bi.”

“Are you bi?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I never tried it with a woman, but there is a first time for everything,” she stated with a laugh.

“Well no three-sums with me,” I said.

“God no, that is way too kinky,” Janet agreed.

During the day, before Jess began work, Janet and I walked Mikah twice. While I took Mikah out for our lunch hike, Janet went looking for a gym with a boxing ring. She managed to find one in The Street Retreat. It was a community center sponsored by the salvation army. She and the director had a talk. He offered to allow her to train in the facility, as long as she didn’t spar with any of the kids under 18. He also made sure they had a physical before any sparing to last, more than three rounds.

“I don’t need any kids to die in a match with a staff member,” Mr Ace explained. Mr Ace was one of the councilors at the center. Janet agreed to an after school class in MMA. She would teach it in exchange for working out with the older kids. She agreed to come back at four PM and work out.

“My first class,” she said “Will be about conditioning.” she explained to the Chaplin.

“It’s your class until you get bored with the kids,” he explained. “Teach anything you want. Just don’t abuse any of these future civil rights lawyers.”

“Okay, but no promises,” Janet said before rushing off to get her one track outfit.

To me, she said, “I have to go to Durham and get my workout clothes tomorrow.”

That next day I almost decided to drive to Virginia and take on Hammer’s whole army. I had a change of heart when Mikah and I returned from out morning walk. Jess and his helper were on site and ready to work. Janet was up and getting dressed for her trip home. I managed a shower and to get dressed before she left. I was working on a bran muffin with that terrible hot chocolate, when she left for Durham.

At ten a large Ford SUV arrived. My first thought was a junior FBI agent. Two minutes later I got my first look at Agent Betty Davis. Before she exited the car, she waited for a city policeman to escort her. I had no idea if she knew his identity or not, but I recognized my former son-in-law before he even stopped the car.

“This should be interesting,” I said to myself as they approached me.

“Ed how are you,” Ray said.

“I’m fine Ray. Have you seen Jon this month,” I asked.

“This is not the right time for that,” he said.

“It never is according to Thia. Miss Davis, I have a crew of laborers working here today, so this is not a convenient time,” I said to her.

“Mr Rogers, you know not talking to me makes you look like you have something to hide,” she said.

“I had hoped the FBI has some new methods by this time. Let me tell you right up front, I don’t give a fuck what it looks like. Now I’m going inside, so unless you know how to drive nails, come back later. You might want to pick another cop. No offense Ray.”

“Look Mr Rogers, why don’t I send the sergeant away. Then you and I can talk,” Davis said.

“How many times do I have to tell you. Not without a lawyer, who I will pay, only if I’m under arrest,” I said it yet again.

“You witnessed the death of a decorated soldier, and a fine Agent, why won’t you help me?” she asked.

“Because there is nothing I can add to what you just said. I didn’t travel in the same circles as Gray. So I had no idea what his mental health was like. Now that is all I’m saying till you bring out the cuffs.”

The Fed Ex truck pulled in before she left. I stuck the envelop in the pocket of my lumberjack plaid shirt. While Agent Davis drove away giving me a hard look.

Once inside the car wash, I opened the smallish envelope. Inside were ten sealed coin envelopes with their letters of certification. There were also a handful of silver coins from somewhere in south America to cover the difference between the cost of the coins and my bank transfer. I put the coins in a peanut butter jar on one of the shelves in the kitchen. I figured it was pirate gold, so I covered them with dirt from Mikah’s pee patch. Then I went outside to steal a couple of pretty sad looking weeds from one of the cat lady’s pots.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.