Mr. Rogers' Research - Cover

Mr. Rogers' Research

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 50

When we woke up that morning, I took Mikah our for a leash walk through the grassed area behind the Marriot. Then Janet and I rode to convenience store for breakfast. It was a muffin, not bran, but chocolate, chocolate chip. It was not a bit healthy, which made it delicious. I washed it down with fresh coffee, which was also delicious. Then I picked up a flavored water as I drove away. When we got back to the car, I drove to an industrial area where the three of us hiked two and a half miles.

We got back to the car with none of us the worse for wear. I found and isolated a spot to change the cargo pants for the filth looking jeans. They looked that way due to paint and oil stains, and being wadded in the pack over night. Then I made sure I had a torn sweat shirt over an almost new thermal tee shirt. The stained and ripped army field jacket covered the matching outfit. I got to the drop site location, which was an office park. It was one where I was likely to stand out like a sore thumb. I had to quickly change back to my regular clothes, before we left for the drop. Fortunately I had just enough time to manage it.

I found some high ground near the trash can from which I could look down. It was just inside the edge of the tree line. As soon as I stepped into the trees, I saw Gray. I signaled for him to watch Janet, while I watched the drop. When it happened, I strolled down the slight rise and over to the trash can. I quickly reached into the plastic barrel to recover the cup, then slid it into my thermal vest’s game pocket at the rear.

I admit that I was a little surprised and suspicious that Hammer let some kid make the drop. Janet came down the hill in her jogging suit with the big canvas purse over her shoulder. She looked several pounds heavier with the kevlar vest. Since I gained fifteen pounds whenever I wore mine, I should have expected it.

“Are we leaving?” she asked.

“Yes, let me just send, Gray a message.” I replied.

The message I sent was simple. ‘Libby Hill Park stay near your car. I’ll find you.’

He was pretty easy to spot in his FBI swat uniform. I had stopped by Starbuck’s on the way out to the park. I stay in the car while Janet got out. She spoke to him and pointed him in my direction. Then she took Mikah for a walk around. Mikah hopped around for a while then took a crap. Since Janet didn’t have the tool there was nothing she could do about Mikah’s poo.

“Give Janet these as your pass her on your way out,” I suggested handing Gray a hand full of paper napkins and a paper bag.

“Do you think she would like a threesome, or just a younger man,” Gray Stone asked me without his usual smile.

“My guess is that she would give you a try, since you live on the edge. It seems like she gets off on that,” I suggested.

“Lots of woman do. And they also love fucking a gimp,” he said looking at me. “Guess because they think we can’t run away.”

“Well you can ask Janet, but don’t plan on me. You know that old dog thing?” I asked. “Gray what are you waiting for?”

“What,” he asked.

“Come on Gray, you know I read people. How much is he paying you?” I asked next.

“A hundred large for you, and fifty large for the girl,” he admitted.

“Is it the money, or are you just looking to fuck someone else,” I asked. “I mean, I know why Hammer thinks he had to do it, but why you?”

“It’s the money. Hammer promised to continue working with us, if you died,” Gray said. “He is old school. It’s all about the dominance thing. You just didn’t play his game.”

“You know how it is with a screwed up limb. It makes hard to get down to kiss his ass. Course maybe for a hundred and fifty thousand buck, I could fine a way to do it.” I said. “Just tell me this, is going to be a sanctioned hit.”

“You know, I’m not allowed to do that,” he said. “That answers my question. Oh yeah do you have any idea where Janet is at this moment?”

He looked away to find her.

“Drop it,” her shaky, but very female voice said.

I looked at Gray as he said, “I’ll beat you in court. This will never hold up.”

“Who said anything about court,” I suggested.

I played the digital recording of him. It was of him explaining everything to me. “I wonder how many times an FBI agent can get raped in prison, in say ten years.” I made a motion then turned off the recorder,. “Do you want to go out like a man or what?” I asked. By that time I was holding his pistol.

“Give it to me,” he said.

“On your knees first,” was my reply. Janet and I stood behind him. I handed him the automatic after cleaning it with my sweatshirt to remove my prints. I handed it to him. Then moved behind him again.

“The recording goes away?” he asked.

“It does,” I agreed.

He took three deep breaths then shoot himself through his mouth. The bullet went into his brain. Then came out the top of his head.

Janet was shaking when she asked, “Why did you do that. Give him the gun.”

“He was once my friend,” I said.

“What is next?” she asked me.

“Hammer is next,” I said. “You can go back to writing, and I’ll take care of this,” I suggested.

“I don’t think so. Are you going to do it, or are you going to give him up to Super Pimp?” she asked.

“Truth is, I haven’t decided,” I said.

During the almost two hour drive home, I considered every option and then turned them all around in my mind. I didn’t own a sniper rifle, but they were easy enough to buy. Especially the ones that were not semi automatic. An old style, no frills, Remington with a good scope was available at the third pawnshop I stopped in while sill in Virginia. It had been abused, but didn’t appear damaged beyond hope.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.